Holy sexism, batman!

Options

Replies

• WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I dont usually post, but I found myself LOLing at all of this. Its been a little like torture getting thru reading this thread. Am I the only girl in here that isnt going to hate on men?

Have you ever been to a bar, strip club, idk just out of your houses? Girls have the advantage when out these days, not vice versa. Doyouevendate?

I have to say that two people getting drunk and having sex...is well pretty fun. It is enthusiastic actually. Ofc everything seems like a better idea when drunk. No great story ever begins with "man after my last salad we got wild and......"
    We all know our inhibitions are lessened as we drink... so make the call of not drinking if you dont want to end up in bed with Mr. right now.

Catcalls promoting rape culture??? Secretly, we like it. We may act all...OMG I cant believe he said that... but inside...admit it. We would much rather be the girl someone finds attractive than not. We wouldn't spend hours getting ready for no one to notice.... ALSO.. I hear us girls doing it also. Mebe not hanging out the car window... but we do it.. Again, ever been to a male stripclub? The doors shut and all the sudden its girls gone wild and his pants need to go.

live a little. No one gets raped by catcall.

finally a poster that isn't blindly against men and their evil penis agenda

I don't know about you, but when I ask my penis what it wants to do every morning it always says "rape drunk sloots"
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I dont usually post, but I found myself LOLing at all of this. Its been a little like torture getting thru reading this thread. Am I the only girl in here that isnt going to hate on men?

Have you ever been to a bar, strip club, idk just out of your houses? Girls have the advantage when out these days, not vice versa. Doyouevendate?

I have to say that two people getting drunk and having sex...is well pretty fun. It is enthusiastic actually. Ofc everything seems like a better idea when drunk. No great story ever begins with "man after my last salad we got wild and......"
    We all know our inhibitions are lessened as we drink... so make the call of not drinking if you dont want to end up in bed with Mr. right now.

Catcalls promoting rape culture??? Secretly, we like it. We may act all...OMG I cant believe he said that... but inside...admit it. We would much rather be the girl someone finds attractive than not. We wouldn't spend hours getting ready for no one to notice.... ALSO.. I hear us girls doing it also. Mebe not hanging out the car window... but we do it.. Again, ever been to a male stripclub? The doors shut and all the sudden its girls gone wild and his pants need to go.

I've catcalled male construction workers, and they got a kick out of it :D

But context matters. Don't even walk too close to me alone at night in the dark if I don't know you. And I mean that sincerely. I carry an open knife in situations like that. I freaked out a probably very sweet normal guy once with it, too :D But I'm not getting Bundied. I mean it; keep your distance and watch yourself if the situation is one of those threatening types.

It's nothing personal, but in an unsafe area, behaviors should have different rules. If you walk a pace behind me, you will be confronted. Not so much just strolling through the mall, lol ;)
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    Catcalling is hitting on someone, but hitting on someone doesn't mean catcalling.

You see what I did there? There are different ways to hit on someone. Catcalling is one of them, even though it is rude.

Please go with your poverty arguments lol
    If you think catcalling is hitting on someone, then I invite you to re-evaluate the statement about there not being a rape culture.

Ok so I whistle at a girl on the street or say "hey sexy what's up?"

How does that contribute to "rape culture"?

You have no argument left so when you get beat on one topic you switch to another, which you proceed to get wrecked on as well
    Because she is not walking down the street so that you can look at her. When it's part of culture that it's okay to do that, it sends the message to both men and women that women are here primarily for men's pleasure. And that contributes to rape culture.

I'm sorry I was unaware that females were some all mighty being that I have to avert my eyes from when I see them. As I said before, "rape culture" is the stupidest saying. No one is teaching that rape is ok. Everyone knows it's wrong. You could take anything and say "this promotes rape culture" just because you don't like it.

"My cashier smiled at me today. I'm not here for his pleasure. He needs to avert his eyes and stop promoting rape culture."
    You really don't get it, do you? You can look at women. You can smile at them. That's fine. Don't look at them lasciviously, don't holler at them from across the street (unless you know them), don't say something obscene to them, and if you're going to approach a woman with the intent of flirting or asking her out, do it in a way that shows you respect her as a human being, not just as a hot body you want to bang.

You really don't get it. What is acceptable to on person may not be acceptable to someone else. Who are you to say what is allowed and what is not? None of what you just said is against the law, so no one has to follow anything that you just said.

And once again you are getting completely off topic in an attempt to derail the discussion lol

The discussion was derailed somewhere on page 3. Right now the OP is sleeping off all the wine she drank last night while dreaming of all the MFPers solving all the worlds social issues in her thread that she drunk posted.

Well Played OP.....Well Played...

WellPlayedDad-11562.jpg
  • WhoHa42
    Options
    Catcalling is hitting on someone, but hitting on someone doesn't mean catcalling.

You see what I did there? There are different ways to hit on someone. Catcalling is one of them, even though it is rude.

If you think catcalling is hitting on someone, then I invite you to re-evaluate the statement about there not being a rape culture.

You have no argument left so when you get beat on one topic you switch to another, which you proceed to get wrecked on as well
    Because she is not walking down the street so that you can look at her. When it's part of culture that it's okay to do that, it sends the message to both men and women that women are here primarily for men's pleasure. And that contributes to rape culture.

I'm sorry I was unaware that females were some all mighty being that I have to avert my eyes from when I see them. As I said before, "rape culture" is the stupidest saying. No one is teaching that rape is ok. Everyone knows it's wrong. You could take anything and say "this promotes rape culture" just because you don't like it.

"My cashier smiled at me today. I'm not here for his pleasure. He needs to avert his eyes and stop promoting rape culture."
    You really don't get it, do you? You can look at women. You can smile at them. That's fine. Don't look at them lasciviously, don't holler at them from across the street (unless you know them), don't say something obscene to them, and if you're going to approach a woman with the intent of flirting or asking her out, do it in a way that shows you respect her as a human being, not just as a hot body you want to bang.

You really don't get it. What is acceptable to on person may not be acceptable to someone else. Who are you to say what is allowed and what is not? None of what you just said is against the law, so no one has to follow anything that you just said.

And once again you are getting completely off topic in an attempt to derail the discussion lol

The discussion was derailed somewhere on page 3. Right now the OP is sleeping off all the wine she drank last night while dreaming of all the MFPers solving all the worlds social issues in her thread that she drunk posted.

WellPlayedDad-11562.jpg

Which was derailed by people like them lol

But I think I'm gonna go sleep this off as well
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Has OP even come back and defined - exactly - what these so-called "catcalls" were?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

WellPlayedDad-11562.jpg
    You'll get no argument from me there. I'm really a sarcastic and hateful person. It's quite uncharacteristic of me to deconstruct this behavior in an attempt to show people that there is a better way to behave.

I have no idea why I should have cared. I hate people anyway.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options

I don't hate on men. Most of my friends are men. I prefer the company of men to the company of women. I guess I'm just choosy about what those men are like.

Why would I ever go to a strip club? I don't like the music, I don't drink, and I don't really care to look at naked women (or men, really *shrug*).

And no, Idon'tevendate. Because I've been happily married for almost 21 years. But if I was single, I sure wouldn't put up with the crap I see younger women putting up with today.

I am scratching my eyeballs out over the statement that "we" secretly like catcalls. "Secretly liking it" is very thin ice, I'm sure you can agree.

Just because women are being just as sexist pigs as men does not mean that the behavior is not sexist and piggish. It just means women can be equally douchey. Which I have never, ever disputed.

What are you talking about? who is being sexist? the elevator guys? the cat callers?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

It doesn't contribute to rape culture. It is symptomatic of rape culture. When you do that, you are in effect saying that her worth to you as a human being is based solely on her sex appeal. If I were you, I would really keep that sort of revelation to myself while I worked on it in therapy. If, in fact, you valued her for something else, you would express your interest in a different fashion.

So if I were to instead say "I really like that dress you're wearing today." By your logic wouldn't that also be saying her worth to me as a human being is based solely on how she looks?

You don't get to tell people how much worth they put into someone because of one action.

What wonderful traits is he supposed to comment on based on her appearance alone? Her sparkling wit? Her skills as a brilliant conversationalist at parties? Her better than average grasp of spelling and grammar? I don't know about the rest of the women in the world, but when I was single and dating, I put in effort when it came to clothes, make-up, and hair with the full knowledge that it was done to attract the attention of the opposite sex. I didn't pretend that men were pigs if they acknowledged it. It did not diminish my intelligence or personality in any way, and I could tell in under 3 seconds if the guy was using it as an opening line to a real conversation to get to know me, or just trying to get me into bed. Unless we as a gender are going to start refusing the perks that come with men finding us physically attractive (a drink sent over by the gentleman over there, anyone?), it seems disingenuous to be outraged when the attention we get isn't the kind we want or that benefits us in some way. That doesn't mean that catcalls and having things shouted at us is ok, it's simply the bad side of the same coin.
  • WhoHa42
    Options
    Has OP even come back and defined - exactly - what these so-called "catcalls" were?

nope lol
  • mnighttess
    Options
    Ahhhh married 21 years.......that it explains a lot about your posts. You havent been out in the real world in quite some time. Men and women are on more equal footing sexually these days. People are getting married later in life after actually living it some.

We ALL like to be told we are pretty, sexy and desired...including men. If your man isnt doing that... Im sorry.
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options

WellPlayedDad-11562.jpg
    You'll get no argument from me there. I'm really a sarcastic and hateful person. It's quite uncharacteristic of me to deconstruct this behavior in an attempt to show people that there is a better way to behave.

I have no idea why I should have cared. I hate people anyway.

LMAO! That was the best reply yet!!

AnimatedDogLaughing.gif

Sweet we have found common ground. Theres a start .... :drinker:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

nope lol

I said, "Shake that thang!" and "Yeah, you know you're hot!" Based on the reactions, I recommend them :D Cute, cute guys with no shirts ;)
  • WhoHa42
    Options

It doesn't contribute to rape culture. It is symptomatic of rape culture. When you do that, you are in effect saying that her worth to you as a human being is based solely on her sex appeal. If I were you, I would really keep that sort of revelation to myself while I worked on it in therapy. If, in fact, you valued her for something else, you would express your interest in a different fashion.

So if I were to instead say "I really like that dress you're wearing today." By your logic wouldn't that also be saying her worth to me as a human being is based solely on how she looks?

You don't get to tell people how much worth they put into someone because of one action.

What wonderful traits is he supposed to comment on based on her appearance alone? Her sparkling wit? Her skills as a brilliant conversationalist at parties? Her better than average grasp of spelling and grammar? I don't know about the rest of the women in the world, but when I was single and dating, I put in effort when it came to clothes, make-up, and hair with the full knowledge that it was done to attract the attention of the opposite sex. I didn't pretend that men were pigs if they acknowledged it. It did not diminish my intelligence or personality in any way, and I could tell in under 3 seconds if the guy was using it as an opening line to a real conversation to get to know me, or just trying to get me into bed. Unless we as a gender are going to start refusing the perks that come with men finding us physically attractive (a drink sent over by the gentleman over there, anyone?), it seems disingenuous to be outraged when the attention we get isn't the kind we want or that benefits us in some way. That doesn't mean that catcalls and having things shouted at us is ok, it's simply the bad side of the same coin.

Awesome post
  • WhoHa42
    Options

nope lol

I said, "Shake that thang!" and "Yeah, you know you're hot!" Based on the reactions, I recommend them :D Cute, cute guys with no shirts ;)

Please stop being sexist. My shirtless pictures are to show my friends my progress, not for your pleasure. Hahaha
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    This petty feminism is starting to pollute the forum. "I mean like yeah, for sure, he totally looked at me not in the right way, and he like catcalled me - so sexist. i should like put him on lulu to stop the street harassment over the most pettiest bs ever."
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    that is just harrassment.....some guys are *kitten*, that's not all of us.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I ignore it. I don't know that i'd call it sexist? And I dont walk anywhere by myself at night no matter how good i think the neighborhood is.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    not sexism.

rude- and I wouldn't even call it harassment to be honest. (I do believe the legal term is pervasive and persistent- which means it has to show a history of such behavior)

one mild accouter barely qualifies.

I agree with one of the first or second page posts
    1.) don't go about walking when you are several drinks in
    2.) don't walk about like you are a victim (head down no eye contact)
  • mnighttess
    Options
    This petty feminism is starting to pollute the forum. "I mean like yeah, for sure, he totally looked at me not in the right way, and he like catcalled me - so sexist. i should like put him on lulu to stop the street harassment over the most pettiest bs ever."

Ms. Sally speaks the truth!
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So the time I got scared because a guy said, "Come here, b*tch, I'm going to make you suck my c*ck" and I got scared, I was just being a petty feminist? I'll remember that the next time someone says something obscene and threatening to me. Thank you for the lesson! It was so valuable! But, please, share your wisdom -- what should I do the next time this happens? Go over there and let him force me to give him a blow job?