How to measure calories of Haagen Dazs ice cream?

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    1) I suggested your body was normal. Then you're the one who "insinuated" it was not. So it must be something great right?
    2) I didn't say you need to eat 1tbs to stay normal(see what you're insinuating again. Nice try). I am calling you out on the amount you eat. You "insuinuated" you you eat a lot of it, which you don't. You're on site where fat loss is focused. The people who are drawn to the site are people who are over weight. Saying, "I eat ice cream." doesn't bring an image of 1 serving size to someone's head.
    3) pointless
    4) Very relevent, How many calories does it have?, How much do you eat?, what is your TDEE?

A tangent on psychology. People who like to throw around words that aren't commonly used, such as "insinuated" , "abysmal" have a tendency to have low self esteem. They try to use words like these to appear intelligent, when in reality, the opposite effect happens. Well the smart people see the opposite effect. They know what the person is trying to do.

I would like to take issue with a few things. Since I have access to Sara's food diary, your item #2, you're "calling her out" on the amount of ice cream she eats. You have utterly no knowledge - true unblemished ignorance - on the subject, so when I state she eats a non-trivial amount of ice cream every day, it is an informed statement. I won't argue with your ignorance because you'll win that battle.

With respect to vocabulary, words such as insinuate and abysmal ARE commonly used. Perhaps not in your social circles or in your literature of choice, but certainly you shouldn't consider that sample as representative of the universe.

Cheers m8.
    It takes common sense to know she doesn't eat a half gallon or a full pint of ben and jerries aday. It's not ignorance, ti's common sense.

Please direct me to 5 resources that freely use those words. Out of the hundreds of books I read, some from british authors... I haven't came across them.

http://vocabulary-vocabulary.com/dictionary/insinuate.php

Vocabulary builder. It's great software, my daughter is using it to build up her basic English to assure she scores well on the TOEFL.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think I've had at least a cup (and usually much more) of ice cream...Breyer's...almost every day from 10/22ish until just last week (when I started subbing chocolate milk instead)...

...not that anyone asked me.

*shrug*

I'd never considered bragging about my ice cream consumption before...

...but given this thread, perhaps I should. Of course, before this thread, I never considered that there were people out there who would doubt me on this either.

So...

I routinely eat 3-7 servings of ice cream every night, made possible by my 2400-3000 TDEE.

ETA: ...but I suppose certain people don't have a problem with my claim...

...because I have a penis.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have all but literally given myself a brain aneurysm because of millilitres. This headache is why I just didn't bother eating ice cream for a year and a half...or olive oil...or well anything in mL. Such a friggin pain in the *kitten*. You could always measure it with a measuring cup but then you have the different pain in the butt of trying to pack it into that stupid cup and get it out again. Just eat the whole goddamned container and divide the total millilitres in the carton by the serving size lol
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    No, you're pretty pompous, so don't wonder why people show that behavior towards you.

^^^ and the derpers in the class of 2014 have started to arrive early.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I just eat the whole container. problem solved.

qft
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I think I've had at least a cup (and usually much more) of ice cream...Breyer's...almost every day from 10/22ish until just last week (when I started subbing chocolate milk instead)...

...not that anyone asked me.

*shrug*

I'd never considered bragging about my ice cream consumption before...

...but given this thread, perhaps I should. Of course, before this thread, I never considered that there were people out there who would doubt me on this either.

So...

I routinely eat 3-7 servings of ice cream every night, made possible by my 2400-3000 TDEE.
    Me too. As a challenge since October, (but casually for 16 months or so and still managed to lose 126lbs in that period). Hmmm.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1145847-cindyinpg-s-december-2013-challenge
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Srs. The term for variance is not "standard deviation". A "standard deviation" in a data set is found by taking the root of the average of the squared differences of the values from their average value.

One or two grams difference is not a "standard deviation". It is just variance; certainly not standard in any way, shape or form.

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

:indifferent:

The coeffienct of variance means NOTHING with out the means. BOTH need to be reported to have any meaning.

What does that have to do with the fact that you tried to correct someone, rather pompously (and yes, I use that word IRL), and incorrectly?

Your external world is a reflection of your internal world.

Yes...the fact that I am English and was brought up with a certain vocabulary. Go you for figuring that out finally...
    No, you're pretty pompous, so don't wonder why people show that behavior towards you.

Oh, the irony.
    ditto, Read your own profile... As I said i have came across these forums before, I see how you treat people. You're the defenition of unjstified arrogance.

Oh? Is that so. I don't think Sara is arrogant at all - her or her profile. Many will attest to how much she's helped them and that she lives by the advice that she gives.

P.S. I'd be more than willing to up my ice cream intake (as long as it fits in my calorie goals and macros) if that is the secret to getting an APA State Record for a 325lb deadlift. More. Than. Willing.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    1) I suggested your body was normal. Then you're the one who "insinuated" it was not. So it must be something great right?
    2) I didn't say you need to eat 1tbs to stay normal(see what you're insinuating again. Nice try). I am calling you out on the amount you eat. You "insuinuated" you you eat a lot of it, which you don't. You're on site where fat loss is focused. The people who are drawn to the site are people who are over weight. Saying, "I eat ice cream." doesn't bring an image of 1 serving size to someone's head.
    3) pointless
    4) Very relevent, How many calories does it have?, How much do you eat?, what is your TDEE?

A tangent on psychology. People who like to throw around words that aren't commonly used, such as "insinuated" , "abysmal" have a tendency to have low self esteem. They try to use words like these to appear intelligent, when in reality, the opposite effect happens. Well the smart people see the opposite effect. They know what the person is trying to do.

I would like to take issue with a few things. Since I have access to Sara's food diary, your item #2, you're "calling her out" on the amount of ice cream she eats. You have utterly no knowledge - true unblemished ignorance - on the subject, so when I state she eats a non-trivial amount of ice cream every day, it is an informed statement. I won't argue with your ignorance because you'll win that battle.

With respect to vocabulary, words such as insinuate and abysmal ARE commonly used. Perhaps not in your social circles or in your literature of choice, but certainly you shouldn't consider that sample as representative of the universe.

Cheers m8.
    It takes common sense to know she doesn't eat a half gallon or a full pint of ben and jerries aday. It's not ignorance, ti's common sense.

Please direct me to 5 resources that freely use those words. Out of the over 9000 books I read, some from british authors... I haven't came across them.

FIFY
    If you're gonna boast don't hold back. Go *kitten* over tea kettle! And British authors you say? Cor blimey! Brilliant by default then! Cracking good show. Cracking good. Quite.
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options
    Srs. The term for variance is not "standard deviation". A "standard deviation" in a data set is found by taking the root of the average of the squared differences of the values from their average value.

One or two grams difference is not a "standard deviation". It is just variance; certainly not standard in any way, shape or form.

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

The coeffienct of variance means NOTHING with out the means. BOTH need to be reported to have any meaning.

What does that have to do with the fact that you tried to correct someone, rather pompously (and yes, I use that word IRL), and incorrectly?

Yes...the fact that I am English and was brought up with a certain vocabulary. Go you for figuring that out finally...

Oh, the irony.
    ditto, Read your own profile... As I said i have came across these forums before, I see how you treat people. You're the defenition of unjstified arrogance.

Oh? Is that so. I don't think Sara is arrogant at all - her or her profile. Many will attest to how much she's helped them and that she lives by the advice that she gives.

P.S. I'd be more than willing to up my ice cream intake (as long as it fits in my calorie goals and macros) if that is the secret to getting an APA State Record for a 325lb deadlift. More. Than. Willing.

I think it's highly arrogant. Taking someone elses work, knocking it off and passing it as her own? That "meet your protein needs, then your fat." yada yada yada is from Lyle Mcdonald...

It's called plagiarism.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

I think it's highly arrogant. Taking someone elses work, knocking it off and passing it as her own? That "meet your protein needs, then your fat." yada yada yada is from Lyle Mcdonald...

It's called plagiarism.

Huh? Where did she plagiarize his work? I think you're grasping at straws and trying to create issues where there are none.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

TIL that "Lyle" invented meet your macros, first protein, then fat.

Another book to add to your hundreds should be Beaton's 1964 treatise. Based on research from 1942. Not "Lyle". Sara is pretty damn good about sourcing.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

Another book to add to your hundreds should be Beaton's 1964 treatise. Based on research from 1942. Not "Lyle". Sara is pretty damn good about sourcing.

tumblr_m5c3nxB6NH1qbbs8oo1_500.gif
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

It was popularized in the fitness community by Lyle. Before, people would use macro percentages. Sourcing? If you're talking about reading abstracts, that's terrible science.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Dont any of you people have a life????????????
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

Where do I say 'meet your protein needs then your fat'?

Also, the concept of macros is not unique to Lyle...at all. If you think that you need to accuse a whole bunch of people in the nutrition field.
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

It was popularized in the fitness community by Lyle. Before, people would use macro percentages. Sourcing? If you're talking about reading abstracts, that's terrible science.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

Where did abstracts come from?

You may want to accuse, for example, the 3DMJ guys of plagiarizing then. And Alan Aragon...
  • BroSciencePhD
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

Also, the concept of macros is not unique to Lyle...at all. If you think that you need to accuse a whole bunch of people in the nutrition field.
    That's not what i said...
    I am not going to say bad reading comprehension, which you have a tendency to say to people for the reasons listed previously.

How do you set up macros or calorie intake for someone?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

That's not what i said...
    I am not going to say bad reading comprehension, which you have a tendency to say to people for the reasons listed previously.

How do you set up macros or calorie intake for someone?

Oh my lawdy....you clarified AFTER you posted your accusation.

Also, why don't you actually address my comment rather than casting accusations at me...for once.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

OH LET'S KEEP PLAYING!

Oh, the irony.

It's called plagiarism.

You're right about that. Reading abstracts is terrible science. Stick around, you'll learn perhaps that it's one of the things I rail against (as does Sara). Also, I'd be really bad to know who popularized what in the fitness community - I'm not part of that, I prefer to go to source of research (it is what we scientist do).
    Anyway, the articles that Sara has written on protein sourcing are sourced either to specific research or other web sources. Plagiarism it is not. Also, since she goes by her real name, is known to the community here, let me warn you that you are on shaky ground - it you wish to continue to attempt to besmirch her good name, you will likely get asked to leave. It is against site policy to do what you are doing in the last posts. Now, I'm not a mod but expect that mods will have been informed about your lowly tactics. That might pass on bb but rarely here.