Pregnancy 2010 - November

Options

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    OMG not eating for another 220 lb person, Darn it, I knew I was doing something wrong. LOL

I've had people tell me that when I say wow I'm gaining weight to fast, they say "yeah, but remember you are eating for two"

Two what? Elephants.

LOL!!!!! That just made me giggle :laugh:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm really scared.....Tuesday morning
    I found some blood clots as I went to
    the RR (sorry for the TMI) So I went to
    the emergency room they confirmed
    i am PG by blood test but they couldn't
    do much to see if it was in fact a miscarriage
    or not b/c it was too early. I had no additional
    bleeding or cramping and still no blood today
    just brown spotting. They told me to wait til
    Friday to re-test to see if my HCG levels drop
    or increase. This waiting has me very scared
    that i miscarried :( this is my first PG so i have
    no idea what else could have cause the clots.

Anyone ever experience clots in early PG?
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey girls checking in for today. CW 192 SW164. I have cut down on the eating like crazy from the 2nd trimester binge and now I feel like I am eating at the rate I used to before pregnancy I think its being able to stomach salads and fruit again I was having some acid reflux or something with that but no more. I wish I could say that I have been at least walking but sadly no but I hope to get back to it soon. Had my baby shower and it was sweet a lovely gathering and I got tons of conscious shoppers as friends b/c everyone gave me outfits in a range from NB,0-3, 3-6, and 6-9. They were so cute and I can't wait to see my daughter in some of them.
    Littlespy- I loved your post about the hot dog @ 16 weeks I had a similar craving and just like you I find them to be disgusting but I had one anyway mine was just a simple hot dog with mustard and ketchup. I have to say that it was amazingly satisfying. But as far as your craving that kind of food that just meant baby wanted protein and during the 2nd trimester that is the best food when you feel starved. Just a suggestion. ; )
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    pmaria -- That must've been scary for you. :frown: I think it's a good sign that you haven't had any cramps or additional bleeding. Sorry, this is my first pregnancy so I've never experienced it and I don't have any advice or words of wisdom for you but I do have ((hugs)) and :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaR910
    Options

With my first pregnancy, no bleeding but AWFUL cramps.
    With my second pregnancy, I spotted the first 20 weeks. From BEFORE my missed period all the way until about 20 weeks.
    With my third pregnancy, I had NO spotting or cramping but miscarried at 5.5 weeks.
    With my fourth pregnancy, I had NO spotting or cramping but miscarried at 4.5 weeks.
    With this pregnancy I have honestly been bleeding (clots and all) since conception. I had a vanishing twin and then a SCH and yeah...I'm STILL spotting at 34 weeks.

So bleeding (especially spotting) does NOT mean miscarriage.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Littlespy- I loved your post about the hot dog @ 16 weeks I had a similar craving and just like you I find them to be disgusting but I had one anyway mine was just a simple hot dog with mustard and ketchup. I have to say that it was amazingly satisfying. But as far as your craving that kind of food that just meant baby wanted protein and during the 2nd trimester that is the best food when you feel starved. Just a suggestion. ; )

"Baby" got protein the form of salsa chicken that night. :tongue: But I think the craving for chili dogs has resurfaced this afternoon. :frown: I had 100g of protein yesterday -- how much more could the kid want?! :laugh: I'm going to buy some veggie dogs & have one for dinner & see if that satisfies the craving. I don't think I can stomach even the thought of eating a real hot dog. I guess if it comes down to it I'll break down and buy some kosher beef ones. Fingers crossed the veggie dog does the trick.
  • pmaria10
    Options

With my second pregnancy, I spotted the first 20 weeks. From BEFORE my missed period all the way until about 20 weeks.
    With my third pregnancy, I had NO spotting or cramping but miscarried at 5.5 weeks.
    With my fourth pregnancy, I had NO spotting or cramping but miscarried at 4.5 weeks.
    With this pregnancy I have honestly been bleeding (clots and all) since conception. I had a vanishing twin and then a SCH and yeah...I'm STILL spotting at 34 weeks.

Thanks your response has reassured me
    I was afraid the clots meant a definite
    miscarriage. I guess I'll just have to wait it out.
    What is a SCH?
  • AmandaR910
    Options

What is a SCH?

Subchorionic (sp?) hemorrhage. It's where the placenta begins to separate from the uterus and blood clot forms behind it. It can happen for a lot of reasons, mine was because I had two babies and one quit growing and was reabsorbed and formed the clot.

I know the waiting is just awful. I'll pray for you and your little one.
  • pmaria10
    Options

What is a SCH?

Subchorionic (sp?) hemorrhage. It's where the placenta begins to separate from the uterus and blood clot forms behind it. It can happen for a lot of reasons, mine was because I had two babies and one quit growing and was reabsorbed and formed the clot.

I know the waiting is just awful. I'll pray for you and your little one.

:) Thank you.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

Sorry I cannot help in anyway. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options

With baby #1 I had some bleeding and some clotting between 5 and 6 weeks of pregnancy, that baby is now a mouthy super wonderful 15 year old. I know it is very hard but worrying isn't going to help. HUGS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Hopefully all will be well, I've never had any bleeding but have experiences 2 miscarriages so I know all about the waiting game and checking levels and such. Keep positive, it is the best thing you can do.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    OMG not eating for another 220 lb person, Darn it, I knew I was doing something wrong. LOL

I've had people tell me that when I say wow I'm gaining weight to fast, they say "yeah, but remember you are eating for two"

Two what? Elephants.

:laugh: I took the whole eating for two thing quite seriously when preggo with my first born. All I ended up with was an extra 30 lbs that even 6 1/2 years later I have not been able to loose. I have a different mentality this time around and although I usually do not track my cals I do not usually eat more than normal. At my last ob appointment I was up 8 lbs but to me that is awesome at 18 weeks. My doctors says I am right on target, just crazy how the weight hit all of a sudden. BTW little spy, your doctor will advise you and what is best for you and your baby but when I went to my first ob appointment my doctor said 1700 cals was absolutely not enough and said I should be eating 2000-2500. Obviously you don't want to jump right into 2500 but perhaps if you set your goal at maintenance that way you will get some extra cals for me that was just above 2000 cals.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I gained 40lbs and 52lbs with my first two pregnancies (end weight was the same though, started 12lbs lighter with my second).

Right now I'm up 25-26lbs and am about 4-5lbs below the ending weight from my last pregnancies.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Also my DR said 1700 calories was plenty if they were healthy calories and I felt fulfilled, granted I'm starting overweight.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    BTW little spy, your doctor will advise you and what is best for you and your baby but when I went to my first ob appointment my doctor said 1700 cals was absolutely not enough and said I should be eating 2000-2500. Obviously you don't want to jump right into 2500 but perhaps if you set your goal at maintenance that way you will get some extra cals for me that was just above 2000 cals.

Help -- I'm confused (doesn't take much! :laugh:).
    Why would an OB recommend you eat enough to gain almost a pound a week during your first trimester if you're starting out overweight? Or was your first appointment at the very end of your first trimester (because then that recommendation could make more sense to me :laugh:)?
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It stinks because I just gained 30 lbs in the past year due to health issues, and I never got a chance to lose it before pregnancy. Ill try to eat the best foods I can for the baby though, its not just about me anymore! This is my first baby btw, and Im wk 6.
    What about working out? I have read over and over that its good for the baby in moderation. I used to work out when I woke up, but now I feel like crap! Nausea, headaches, back, and super tired. Ive been getting extra sleep and not making it to the gym. Does this pass soon? I think the lack of caffeine is tough too, Im sleeping 10 hrs a night!! Whats more important at this point?
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    BTW little spy, your doctor will advise you and what is best for you and your baby but when I went to my first ob appointment my doctor said 1700 cals was absolutely not enough and said I should be eating 2000-2500. Obviously you don't want to jump right into 2500 but perhaps if you set your goal at maintenance that way you will get some extra cals for me that was just above 2000 cals.

Help -- I'm confused (doesn't take much! :laugh:).
    Why would an OB recommend you eat enough to gain almost a pound a week during your first trimester if you're starting out overweight? Or was your first appointment at the very end of your first trimester (because then that recommendation could make more sense to me :laugh:)?

I think each doctor may tell you something different and that is why I said your doctor will give you the recommendation. I started this pregnancy overweight and was on a 1200 cal a day diet up until the time I found out I was preggo (5 weeks). I immediately jumped up to 1700 cals but when I saw my doctor at 7 weeks he told me that 1700 was not enough. Seeing that I started out at 218 that is the cals for about 1/2lb a week loss and 2100 cals is maintenance for me. Each person is different and so you have to find what your doctor recommends for you. The first trimester was aweful I was so sick I ate nothing but potato chips and baked french fries. I was so sick but calorie counting went out the window because I never ate more than a couple bites of anything.
  • pmaria10
    Options

With baby #1 I had some bleeding and some clotting between 5 and 6 weeks of pregnancy, that baby is now a mouthy super wonderful 15 year old. I know it is very hard but worrying isn't going to help. HUGS!!! :flowerforyou:

:) Thank you it's comforting to know that.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I had spotting with my last pregnancy and also with this one. In fact with this one I passed a large clot at about 12 weeks--but after that the spotting stopped. Some ladies have bleeding and clots all through their pregnancy... That is how we are all different. Have faith it will work out. I had to do that my first few months---I was always nervous and scared, especially before my first appointment...But the belief that everything works out for the best helped me through.

Also straining for a bm and having sex can cause some cramping and bleeding/clots...you have a lot more blood flow in that region now and the little capillaries can burst quite easily...