Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 5-6 years, I didn't gain any, and I appear to have lost a pound or two. :) That being said, I was doing _heavy_ workouts over my whole vacation . . .
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Weighed on the morning of the 31st and was up 2 lbs. But I'm gonna weigh when I return to work on the 6th, so I have time to normalize my intake and maybe drop some of that.
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was actually down 2.5 when I weighed in Dec 27...but I think I was worse over New Years than Christmas, so will have to see if it stays down! :laugh:
  • 1971jamie
    1971jamie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The great thing reading all these posts is that no-one seems to phased by gaining a few pounds over Xmas - and everyone is determined to get back on track again now!

For those of you who have continued to lose or maintain over the festive period, a big well done from me!!

Keep up the good work everyone...
  • mattbell007
    mattbell007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was up 10 pounds from the day before to the day after Christmas, but I lost 9 of it in the two or three days following. Up 6 pounds for New Year's Holiday, but I lost a bit more than a pound of that by this morning. I've got another 5 to get back to my pre-Christmas weight. I expect I'll be back to on track by Monday or so. After that, I'll only have 3 more to go to reach my ultimate goal... I should be there before the end of January.

I'm kind of weird, in that I weigh myself several times a day... that's kind of the opposite of some people, but I see so many different numbers on the scale that none of them freak me out. I just keep calm and carry on. I know that the long-term trend is what counts, not the day-to-day fluctuations. (Too many fluctuations in the same direction do make a trend, though. I have to keep that in mind.)

My weight gain was mostly due to the fact that I had access to unlimited snacks and treats and lots of other good/tasty food on a continual basis. Plus, I usually work out extra with my wife when I'm off work, but she was recovering from an illness, so I had to work out on my own... I did, but I'm not as dedicated without her.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I'm not sure how, exactly. I've gained 1 lb of water weight in the last couple days though but it's the normal time of the month for that.
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mine is a 1st for me. I actually lost 3 pounds the week of Christmas.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No gain here, but the only days I ate way over maintenance were on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. The rest of the time I stuck to my maintenance cals and adhered to my exercise routine. I ate all the holiday-oriented treats I wanted, but fit them into my goals. No regrets.
  • todd2006
    Options
    I put on about 5
  • austinartgirl
    austinartgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    About 5... its already down to 4 though. No biggie!
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and am currently 6lbs up from where I was on 12th December. Considering all the awesome tasty and calorific food I ate in December, I'm actually surprised it wasn't more. I would be pretty pleased if I wasn't due to go on my first beach holiday in over 2 years in a weeks time!!!:noway:
    This.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving to New Year's Day - 1.8 lbs. We also had a cruise in there, and I drank a lot more booze than usual. Recommitted to a half pound a week and I posted my gain on progress so that I can see what I did
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I put one pound on. First time I put on any weight in 3 years. Needless to say I'm not to happy. Have lost 4 ounces since Christmas though.lol
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    3 pounds up over the 2 weeks. boo.
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm up 10... seriously don't know how it's so high, I expected a gain but not that much. Hopefully some of it is water weight... I guess I'll see in a week when I get reweighed.

Oh well, life - and weight loss - goes on.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    As of today, I am down .8. From Thanksgiving to Christmas, down 2.7. Thankful that this year I was part of the group that gained 8 - 10 pounds during the holidays.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I put on about 7 the month of December, but it was a busy month, my 25th birthday, went to my first NFL game (GO PACK GO!), Christmas parties, Christmas, NYE. oiy vey! So I am starting phresh :)
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was at 191.4 on Dec. 13 and 196.8 this morning. I think some of it is water weight, but it's still depressing to watch the scale go back up :-(.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Looks like about 8 since Thanksgiving. There have been years when I gained 15, so that's progress for me. Still not where I want to be, but it's a process. I have eleven months to practice for next time.
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    From Christmas Eve until New Year's Day, I ate like eating was going out of style! We're talking full on gorging and indulgence. I only exercised a few days in between there also. So today, I'm suffering from full on bloat! I actually went up one size in jeans just because they felt more comfortable! My usual weigh in day is Saturday. I'm back on a healthy track starting today and will weigh myself on Saturday, but will not record my true weight until the next Saturday, 1/11. Going to give my body some time to recover and for me to get back on track. I figure by then, I should have the true feel of exactly where I am and what I need to do from this point to finally get to my goal weight of 185. I was 217 on 12/21. I'm not going to stress over it too much though. The most important thing is getting back on track, realizing that the party is over now and not feeling guilty about any of it!