Looking to add people on 1200 calories a day

Options

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight on 1550 NET calories (ie 1750 or so total a day). I was never hungry, never fell off the wagon, didn't lose a bunch of muscle mass, and didn't regain the weight like so many do.

Read the sexy-pants link as well as this one:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
    or the short n sweet version here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

1200 calories is not enough for 95% of you guys. It's unhealthy and hard to maintain. Damaging your metabolisms by losing muscle is NOT a good thing, and you will be unhappy to boot! Do it the right way once, rather than the fast way over and over and over...and over...

I understand what some of you are trying to say, and I'm not naive about calorie amounts and how much I could be eating, but I have tried eating more and it didn't make me feel good. When I'm dieting and I have an extra few hundred calories it's too easy for me to use them on junk food.
    1200 is quite strict and therefore it is easier for me to choose healthier filling foods rather than thinking I have enough calories for a chocolate bar each day and having it. You may say it's fine to have a chocolate bar, and believe me I have bad food now and again, but I don't want to consistently have times where I ruin a perfectly healthy day by eating something crap in the evening. Which makes me feel bloated and gross. 1200 works for ME

I would suggest you develop a better relationship with food. There are no "bad" foods.
    I'm curious what constitutes a "bad" food.

And how a small portion of the so called "bad" food "ruins a perfectly healthy day" filled with good food. The bloating and gross feeling, unless you are allergic to something, is something that you are creating in your head because...well...it's "bad". That is unhealthy.

Eating too low will cause you to lose muscle mass, slow your metabolism, and mess with your hormones. That really is medically BAD.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Alright, serious post time. You folks should probably read this... and this lady was eating more than 1200 calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162141-eating-for-health-is-eating-enough-to-support-your-activity
  • tiffmiller79
    tiffmiller79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also starting a 1200c/day diet and need support as well...
  • hardworker92
    Options
    hey feel free to add me up ! im on 1200 cal but im thinking of amping it up to workout daily
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Here' scan interesting article you all should read on the subject that provides a little more food for thought. Just an FYI and well worth a look:

http://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-diet/1200-calories/

Good Article to read
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you develop a better relationship with food. There are no "bad" foods.

No but there are foods I'd rather not eat frequently

So that means you can't eat more than 1,200?
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Alright, serious post time. You folks should probably read this... and this lady was eating more than 1200 calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162141-eating-for-health-is-eating-enough-to-support-your-activity

Read this also ladies
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Read this also ladies

:wink:
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Add me! I could use the support, too - just started. I'm on 1200 - a runner, trying to ease the pounding on my joints ... I snack rather than eat meals, which means the calories aren't always the problem (though I went over today on a cheese binge) ... for me, it's getting enough protein.

I'd love to hear ideas - especially ones that don't involve tofu and quinoa. I'm kind of a 5-yr-old eater. :)
  • cathryn_robinson
    Options
    I would love to be added also :)

I am on 1200 calories a day and need that extra bit of support to keep it up. Anyone on the same boat feel free to add me.

Thanks!
    Cathryn
  • DannyNew2011
    Options
    .Hi,
    Please add me to the 1200, I would like to try it. It has been many years since I did the 1200 calories though but I believe I can do it.

Thanks.
    D.
  • madaboutmitch
    Options
    I am at 1300 calories a day. I did 1200, but whenever I went under I got that warning in red from MFP and it freaked me out. So I upped my calories to 1300, but I still try and keep closer to 1200. Feel free to add me.
  • Gator_13
    Options
    1200 for me!
  • osborneamanda19
    Options
    im 1200 a day too- the more friends the merrier...add if you would like :)
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    bah to all the people going it's unhealthy don't do it. it is NOT starvation mode and many people DO need to eat that low to lose.

if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you but getting preachy about it is not really helpful for those who it DOES work for.

I eat around 1200 calories a day too give or take 100 calories (but don't look at the last few weeks for examplesof that. I fell off hte wagon a few times this last month.) back to being good for hte next six months though.
    I am also on keto. it's slow going but going.

I am also petite.
  • astartig
    Options
    I lost most of my weight on 1550 NET calories (ie 1750 or so total a day). I was never hungry, never fell off the wagon, didn't lose a bunch of muscle mass, and didn't regain the weight like so many do.

Read the sexy-pants link as well as this one:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
    or the short n sweet version here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

1200 calories is not enough for 95% of you guys. It's unhealthy and hard to maintain. Damaging your metabolisms by losing muscle is NOT a good thing, and you will be unhappy to boot! Do it the right way once, rather than the fast way over and over and over...and over...

I understand what some of you are trying to say, and I'm not naive about calorie amounts and how much I could be eating, but I have tried eating more and it didn't make me feel good. When I'm dieting and I have an extra few hundred calories it's too easy for me to use them on junk food.
    1200 is quite strict and therefore it is easier for me to choose healthier filling foods rather than thinking I have enough calories for a chocolate bar each day and having it. You may say it's fine to have a chocolate bar, and believe me I have bad food now and again, but I don't want to consistently have times where I ruin a perfectly healthy day by eating something crap in the evening. Which makes me feel bloated and gross. 1200 works for ME

I'm curious what constitutes a "bad" food.

And how a small portion of the so called "bad" food "ruins a perfectly healthy day" filled with good food. The bloating and gross feeling, unless you are allergic to something, is something that you are creating in your head because...well...it's "bad". That is unhealthy.

Eating too low will cause you to lose muscle mass, slow your metabolism, and mess with your hormones. That really is medically BAD.

and none of that will happen at 1200 calories. 1200 calories is NOT starvation mode.
  • astartig
    Options
    I am also on 1200 a day, been doing it for a month and haven't seen any weight loss...am sticking to it though. The program told me 1200 is what i should be eating based on my sedentary job, but 1200 is so little I feel hungry most of the time. Guess that's the point, but it's hard! I could do with some support, please.

can't see your diary so don't know what you're eating but carbs cause carb cravings. Fat and protein are more satisfying. try to eat a healthy portion of both of those things and leave out things like diet soda that trigger craving cycles.
  • astartig
    Options
    Add me! I could use the support, too - just started. I'm on 1200 - a runner, trying to ease the pounding on my joints ... I snack rather than eat meals, which means the calories aren't always the problem (though I went over today on a cheese binge) ... for me, it's getting enough protein.

I'd love to hear ideas - especially ones that don't involve tofu and quinoa. I'm kind of a 5-yr-old eater. :)

egg whites are excellent for protein without many calories and filling too. I generally try to make one meal a day a big egg white scramble up with spinach and cheese or some other veggie along those lines. ends up being around 300 calories for about 35 grams of protein 7 or 8 Carbs and whatever fat is in the cheese.
  • Jamiemyers28
    Jamiemyers28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started 1200 a day, you can add me! I need all the help/support I can get!!
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can add me also!!! I'm on 1200 cal. a day, have lost 90 lbs since Febr.1, 2013.... It's very doable, Just need to change the way you eat, and what you consume on a daily basis..