Part 3 ~ turtle club

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a good one and logged in those healthy foods. :bigsmile: I got in a 21 mile bike ride, turned out to be a pretty darn windy ride! And it's amazing how dark it is by 5PM, we had to beat it back. I promised her Mom (my friend) that I wouldn't have her out riding in the dark and I have to be the responsible adult. :laugh:

Have a good one! :drinker:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Thankfully - the south pole elf has left the building -- and it didn't even take "maple syrup"!! my run did it....let's see.....

my scheduled workout (set by some evil (muah ha ha) :devil: man who thinks this short fat girl should try to go fast....
    we will refer to him from now on as Beelzebul or lucifer -- you get the picture.

plan was....
    1 mile warmup up
    1 mile 5k pace -- or 8:24 (for my turtle-like self)
    1 mile marathon pace 10:00
    1 mile 5k
    1 mile marathon
    1 mile cooldown

here's how it went...
    .5 mile walk
    .5 mile warmup
    .5 mile marathon pace
    1 mile 5k pace .-- 8:24
    1 mile 10:00 pace (had to walk for one minute about halfway thru the mile -- difficutly breathing) decided to press on..:huh: mind over body -- right???
    well here's where things went south---
    got .8 miles done at 8:24pace and truly felt like someone was trying to rip my lungs out! stopped to walk for .15 miles (between gasps, heard my kids say "wow I feel sorry for mommy") I must've looked like I was getting ready to croak!
    started back at 10:00 pace for 1.05 miles
    .5 cooldown
    .5 walk

crawled to the shower! Unable to cook the dinner I had originally logged -- had a slice of bread, cheese and an apple:huh:

Sorry to be so ME ME ME -- just had to share since I do believe I am an officer in this turtle club!

Hoping my next attempt will be better!
    Good night!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Really, Julie? 8:24? I think that might kill me. If I get sub-10 I am thrilled, really. :wink: I think I ran that fast for a quarter mile once and collapsed in a heap. I have since altered the speed of my intervals downward. I am still hoping to get there someday though!

I do own a food scale, but the batteries have been dead for like, a year. I "guestimate." LOL Might be the reason why the pounds come of soooooooooo sloooooooowly. :laugh: I do better with measures like "Table spoon" and "cup." I look for the food entries that read that way.... Iknow, I know. :bigsmile:

I ate four carrots today, totaling 100 calories. I have not been hungry since. I had a snack when I got home before going to the barn to ride, and am now trying to decide if I should force myself to eat dinner, or just have one of those Octoberfests and call it good. I have something like 500 calories left. That should leave room for a beer..... if I don't eat dinner. The snack was large. :tongue:

Erika, good news about your dad! Love hearing good news like that. :flowerforyou:
    And "Barmy?" What IS that? Where does that word come from? You're not from around here, are you? :laugh: :laugh: And Potty is a toilet. Loon, now that one I understand. :wink:

Okay, the beer is calling me. Have a great night everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Only over 5 calories tonight but I didn't log my walk or hitting volleyballs, I never do... off to sleep!

~Leash :drinker:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Barmy = eccentric/daft
    Potty = Silly/Crazy/addle brained (according to online dictionary).

I'm British, but my family is Latvian. A nice mix of cultures!

E x
  • tabbydog
    Options
    Oh, daft and addle brained. Those are words I can identify with. Maybe a little too much. :bigsmile:

I ended up foregoing the beer and drank my supid ACV instead, AND didn't eat dinner. This morning? Still 141. :huh: I had thought that being under by 500 calories would make up for the 8 I was over, but apparently not. SIGH.

Wanted to run this morning, but I ran the last two in a row, and am def. running tomorrow, and have what I think is a slight sciatic pain in my right leg, so thought it more prudent to skip it for today. That is going to be hard, calorie-wise. I just ate and I am hungry already. :sad:
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Another HUGE win for my team last night!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! OK I'm in a great mood without running, whats with that?! haha

I do love volleyball more than running though, sorry...

Have a great day friends!

I am doing well with eating so far :smile:

• bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    way to start out the day on a good note here. i won't call it an "easy" run, but 4 miles yesterday at a more casual pace, and 2 hrs of basketball last night, and there's about a ZERO percent chance of me running today. :laugh: but feeling good with the week so far.
    you all get out there and log some miles, ya hear?!? :wink:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Barmy = eccentric/daft
    Potty = Silly/Crazy/addle brained (according to online dictionary).

I'm British, but my family is Latvian. A nice mix of cultures!

E x

Erika, this really cracked me up.... and for sure I am Barmy Potty...I'll share it with the kids, they will get a giggle out of it. Although I am not British, prolly not American either.... the truth may be in a distance galaxy far....far....away, with wookies and yoda's and what-not....haha!

Oh Tabby.... Sam Adams is a good friend too..., their light is the best ever.

Oh Leash.... happy for ya with that one

Oh Julie.... 8:24 is speedy fast, great job!

Slow thread today... so as B said so well.... log something damn it.
  • tabbydog
    Options
    Can't log, busy inhaling my lunch. Prolly gonna be Barmy Potty and HUNGRY afterwards.... salad..... would rather go next door for half price burger day.....:sad:
  • VballLeash
    Options
    MRI RESULTS... Drumroll please....

I DON'T have herniated discs!!!! YAY! In fact the MRI was normal, I was very happy to hear this yet still confused because the pain has not subsided. Soo the doctor said he's going to bring me back in for a "diagnostic injection" This does NOT sound like fun, I think they inject something into my SI (sacroiliac joint) and then if the pain goes away than they know this is the problem. I was seriously letting my mind wander to never playing vball again and now I'm just hoping that if this is the problem that I can fix it, apparently he said its hard to diagnose because you have to rule out everything else first. They should be calling me soon for an appointment.... thanks for all your well wishes, I do feel like I'm more on my way to recovery. Seriously today is going to be a great day!

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Yay Leash :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    MRI RESULTS... Drumroll please....

I DON'T have herniated discs!!!! YAY! In fact the MRI was normal, I was very happy to hear this yet still confused because the pain has not subsided. Soo the doctor said he's going to bring me back in for a "diagnostic injection" This does NOT sound like fun, I think they inject something into my SI (sacroiliac joint) and then if the pain goes away than they know this is the problem. I was seriously letting my mind wander to never playing vball again and now I'm just hoping that if this is the problem that I can fix it, apparently he said its hard to diagnose because you have to rule out everything else first. They should be calling me soon for an appointment.... thanks for all your well wishes, I do feel like I'm more on my way to recovery. Seriously today is going to be a great day!

Good job to your team, Leash!!! As for the SI problem, I don't know if you remember but I had an inflamed SI joint this summer while Half IM training. I went to the chiro for an adjustment and heat therapy and it helped TREMENDOUSLY. I think mine was from my bike not being properly aligned w/ my aero bars when I first got them.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, I slept horribly last night and had to drag myself outta bed at 4:30 for masters swim. My buddy that I ride with said I didn't seem like myself and I know I didn't feel like myself. I struggled through the 2,400 yards of drills but I got it done.

Now I'm going to take a nap. I am listening to my body and my body is saying that I need a nap. :laugh: I've been on a cleaning OCD binge all morning so I've gotten my work done. :wink: No bike ride tonight, might take a walk w/ my dh but that's it!
  • tabbydog
    Options
    So, I just have to vent:

At work we had breakfast to celebrate Veterans day, with pastries, etc.... I had half a piece of quiche and two turkey sausage links, avoided the donuts and such that have been CALLING TO ME ALL DAY because there are still some left up there. Stayed strong. NOW, we get an email that there are cupcakes for November birthdays up there. :explode: I love the carrot ones! AND my birthday is in November. It is so unfair. I CANNOT EVEN STEP FOOT IN THE KITCHEN FOR THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON. Why does it seem that everyone is out to get me?? :noway:
  • jabdye
    Options
    i feel your pain -- one of our vendors just dropped off Krispy Kreme donuts!!! UGH!!!!!
  • tabbydog
    Options
    I don't think that food should be allowed in the workplace. If you can't smoke here, don't bring your cupcakes here!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love the new profile pic, by the way. You look different in non-running clothes! :smile:
  • jabdye
    Options
    That's my new work photo. Didn't know they would be taking it -- so just glad I didn't look too awful:ohwell:
    Thought I'd share a non-running, I actully do work, photo :bigsmile:
  • tabbydog
    Options
    What do you do when you are actually working? I know Tom is a veterinarian and Ray just travels and eats pain au chocolate all the time...... I am a legal assistant in a law firm working in the intellectual propery group. It is pretty interesting and fun.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Tabby~ I feel your pain!:cry: Last night, after having been so successful at Wendy's, my DH texted me and asked if I wanted Taco Bell. I said NO, he asked like 3 more times...somehow I managed to continue saying no and I didn't even steal any of his food when he brought it home. Sabotage, much??? :laugh:

Leash~ that is such awesome news!!! :bigsmile: Yeah!!! Not sure how good the injection sounds, but if it brings you relief or answers I'm sure it will be worth it! Congrats on the win last nite! :drinker:

Nice run yesterday B! Did you beat the youngsters again at basketball or was this an ahem *older* crowd you played with? :wink:

Julie~ I :heart: the new picture!!! You look terrific! So sorry to hear about Beelzebub's training plan for you. He was kinder for my distance training. I fear what he may suggest if I ask for speed suggestions! :sad: Krispy Kremes? :noway: That is just cruel!!!

Jess~ I'm glad to hear that you are getting a nap in! Definitely sounds like you've earned one! :happy:

Erika~ such wonderful news about your dad! Yeah!!! :happy: Pretty sure I'm a barm pot. Pretty sure most of us are! :laugh:

A great 6+ miles last night. It was pain free and easy. Felt terrific! Also had a great self defense/emotional training class. It got pretty physically intense. As usual I managed to self inflict my worst wound...burst blood vessels on the top of my foot. It doesn't hurt but it sure is ugly as sin and colorful as a rainbow! :tongue:
    3 hours of training so far today. Running later this afternoon as well. I might actually follow Jess's lead and grab a quick nap.

I haven't uploaded my BodyBugg data but hoping I was under yesterday. I felt like I was much more in control.
    So far, so good today. For the sake of full disclosure, I did have my weekly egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds for breakfast. But I didn't get a hot chocolate OR a hash brown and it was a planned treat. Since I'm at RHEK for over 4 hours on Thursday I get myself a treat for breakfast then take Muscle Milk and power bars to get me through the rest of the day.

Have a terrific day everyone! :flowerforyou: