5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Options

Replies

• Shamichelle
    Shamichelle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 & weigh 146 pounds. I wear size 3 & 5. I only have my profile pic from this summer when I weighed 143. I started lifting heavy (for me) at the end of summer & I've put on 3 pounds. I feel like I look better with the extra weight. A little younger & not so gaunt in my face. Good luck ladies!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    bugger it... i'm so scared doing this lol but here is my first *ever* bikini pic << i'm 5 foot 8 and I've lost 27 kg
  • hollyanne572
    hollyanne572 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning, very inspirational. I have a very similar build to yours and was never able to get bellow a 10, however When I'm back there ill be pretty friken happy haha
  • 4ALongerLife
    4ALongerLife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ok how do you post pix in here? :( hmm
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    ok how do you post pix in here? :( hmm

tinypic.com
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow, such a difference
  • SurleyDoc
    SurleyDoc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow. Looking good.
    Does it get harder as you lose more?
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!!! Good work tall ladies!!
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed this thread - great to know there are even more tallies out there!
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Love this reply!

This maybe will be upsetting to some, but I hope it's a wake-up call for those who are misled: there is no such a thing as big-boned figure. Bones are the same size. Knowing and facing the problem is part of the solution for it.

That's not really true, you know.

I don't need a wake-up call. I'm not "misled". I'm 5'9" - 136 lbs - 20% body fat, so I don't have anything 'problems to face' or solutions I need to seek. The fact of the matter is - most of my bones are larger, broader and heavier than the average woman of my height. This has been determined in an athletic performance lab by a medical professional.

My rib cage is much broader than the average woman. If you measure the bone from the inside point of my clavicle to the point it joins my shoulder joint, that bone is way longer than an average woman of my height. The breadth of bones that determine my shoulder width is wider than the average man of my height. I've also had a bone scan, and my bones are denser/heavier than an average woman. Ironically, I have tiny wrists and ankles - much smaller than the average for my height. I always say I have a mixed frame size.

There are absolutely variations in bone size and bone density. While these variations are no excuse for carrying extra body fat, the variations still exist. Bones are NOT 'the same size'.
  • kamolai
    kamolai Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump! You all are inspirational!
  • NianMaya
    NianMaya Posts: 108
    Options
    I am loving this thread and looking for friends! lol
  • MTB29erGirl
    Options
    I just started MFP not even a week ago and haven't taken a picture yet. I'm 5'9" and weigh 176lbs. I'll have to take a picture and post soon.
  • bonedacious99
    bonedacious99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • phnompenny
    phnompenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fell off the MFP wagon for a few months and gained an extra 5lbs on top of my initial starting weight, so I am now carrying 180lbs on my 5'10 frame. Aiming to lose 30lbs. Love these inspirational pics!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Everyone look so amazing!! Wow!!! :)
  • AlaskaGirl3
    Options
    Great post! I'm 5'10 and just started this journey, so I need all the motivation I can get:) Congrats ladies!! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!