Evil Subway - Read this if you eat at there!

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    You forgot the most important chemical that is in drinking water. H2O.
    Also by most standards, the most dangerous - so many more are injured and die from it compared to all the others!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Funny when I tried to tell people what I learned about the food from working there for 3 years I was hissed at and shunned here.

Like I get its time saving to run in a get a sandwich made...and we all eat out on occasion. But I disagree with is the advertising...its not a healthier choice. Its the lies that tick me off.

how is it a lie? You can get lunch for about 350 calories and fit it into your macros for the day…..

I bet if you looked at what the average american ate for lunch and then compared it with the average subway goer, that the average subway person would be eating healthier...
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    All I can think about is tuna on white. My dirty, dirty white bread...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Funny when I tried to tell people what I learned about the food from working there for 3 years I was hissed at and shunned here.

Like I get its time saving to run in a get a sandwich made...and we all eat out on occasion. But I disagree with is the advertising...its not a healthier choice. Its the lies that tick me off.

What did you tell people? Tell us again because most of us missed it.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Yeah I used to work there too, gross. Like the chicken is 'chicken product' not actual pieces of chicken and at our store everything was constantly expired, just with new labels.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

how is it a lie? You can get lunch for about 350 calories and fit it into your macros for the day…..

I bet if you looked at what the average american ate for lunch and then compared it with the average subway goer, that the average subway person would be eating healthier...

Hello ndj1979 :happy: , did the debate game with you and I never mentioned Calories I was not talking about Calories or macros. I am merely saying that subway peddles their product to be superior in health over other fast food. Its not. And I'm sure your probably right about the average american diet....again that's you wanting to compare something it has nothing to do with what I am saying.

Only insofar as other fastfood is not going to kill you instantly either, and we need to stop demonizing all food, not just subway. In that sense, I would agree with you that Subway is no healthier than other fast food.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I eat their chopped salads, so there!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

What lies though? Serious question.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Here kitty kitty...
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Yeah I used to work there too, gross. Like the chicken is 'chicken product' not actual pieces of chicken and at our store everything was constantly expired, just with new labels.

And you didn't report them to Health Dept?? For the expired labels I mean. 'Chicken product' is most definitely parts of chicken.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

?? That its healthier than anywhere else...its not. Thats it.

I don't think they claim that.
  • phxdeanna
    Options
    Even their turkey and roast beef isn't just turkey and roast beef. I thought it was good for me until I went out to the website and saw all the fillers in just their "deli meat". Cheese isn't even dairy - it's all crap.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I've never seen that claim.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

me either...
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

Here kitty kitty...

seskd5.jpg

Subway, eat fish!
  • 488Y
    488Y Posts: 11
    Options
    :: reading this as i eat my club sandwich :: mmm
  • kateanne27
    Options

And you didn't report them to Health Dept?? For the expired labels I mean. 'Chicken product' is most definitely parts of chicken.

you bet I did! the inspector came and found the labels all in order nothing to be done..... plus the owners knew it was me as I had been the only one who seemed to ask and I threw things away when they expired... all of the sudden they didn't have any hours available for me to work. Not worth the fight, it was a 'I am looking for a job in my field and just working here to have something to do' job for me, so I got off easy, it was a poor town and the other workers had few other options for jobs, so I had no trouble taking the fall for it, I just wish that something would have happened. This was years ago, tho, I don't know if they are still open.

And yeah, there isd some parts of chicken in the chicken, but when chicken isnt the first ingredient on the list, I have a problem, and the printed on grill lines on the chicken breasts creep me out.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

me either...

Presumably the issue is that whether Subway claim it or not, people believe it, and Subway have failed to put out a marketing campaign setting them straight? (at least by the standards of that poster)
  • kateanne27
    Options
    edited cuz I posted twice for some reason
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

You know that if you worked there, and knew about these things and didn't report it or do anything about it, that makes you complicit, right?

And to offer a contending view, someone who said they were a health inspector (and I've no more reason to disbelieve that than to disbelieve you worked at Subway, before you start) has said on MFP before that Subway has the freshest produce your ever likely to find simply because of their massive turnover.

So there you have it. Two diametrically opposite view points from two sources whose credibility is impossible to verify. That got us a long way.