What ingredients are bad?

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You never got a toned look because you weren't doing effective strength training or your protein intake was insufficient. You need muscles to look toned. Getting smaller but not tones is the hallmark of losing lean mass.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Ans what evidence are you basing this on? Everything else looked great. Arms, legs, etc. I am naturally muscular and had a body builder father who stressed protein.

Your protein goal is also set to 35g and after looking through a few entries, you managed 60g one day which is roughly half of what you should be eating.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

I have trainers ask me to be a trainer on a daily basis.
    I am sure they do
  • wheird
    Options
    You never got a toned look because you weren't doing effective strength training or your protein intake was insufficient. You need muscles to look toned. Getting smaller but not tones is the hallmark of losing lean mass.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Her protein intake goal is set to 35g and is sporadic at best.

I am assuming you were looking at mt diary. I just started logging my food. This is week 1. If you don't care why are you bothering looking at that...?

The lulz of watching you spit in the faces of the most knowledgeable people here. :drinker:
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options

Read this:

Ans what evidence are you basing this on? Everything else looked great. Arms, legs, etc. I am naturally muscular and had a body builder father who stressed protein.

It's obvious to people who have seen it over and over. And as noted your protein intake is far below the level required to maintain muscle mass optimally.

That is what MFP provided. What should it be?
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1305016/Why-E-numbers-arent-really-Evil-all.html
    "Many people believe they develop a reaction to MSG, dubbed ‘Chinese Restaurant Syndrome’, after consuming the additive, although it is a popular myth. In fact, MSG is found naturally in broccoli, mushrooms and tomatoes, so anyone who reacts to MSG would have problems with other vegetables."

Dispelling both e-number and msg myths. A good programme, too.

Food you don't like is bad, food that is off might be bad, too much food is sometimes bad, and food you want to eliminate from your diet (although not bad, is a perfectly fine way of staying healthy. But moderation within your own limits is probably the best way, whether it be organic produce or a couple of McD's meals and ice cream.
  • wheird
    Options

I have trainers ask me to be a trainer on a daily basis.
    I am sure they do

In for uncertified trainers!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    At least this thread hasn't quite reached the level of derp that the "I like Sugar" thread has.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Read this:

It's obvious to people who have seen it over and over. And as noted your protein intake is far below the level required to maintain muscle mass optimally.

Read the link above. The answer is in there, along with the answers to a thousand more questions.
  • wheird
    Options

Read this:

The general consensus is 0.8-1g of protein per pound of lean body mass. Some people even do 1.1-1.4g/lb/lbm.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    ugh i wish people were more supportive and helpful instead of trying to tear apart anything "wrong" someone says.
    what about maltodextrin, try research if its bad ( i recently heard something about it)

and i think I've read a few times anything with an E is not natural and better left out.....
    im just suggesting but im not saying im correct before you all jump on me.

Maltodextrin is fine.

Anything with an e? What does that mean?

I believe that the E refers to E numbers a system whereby food additives are listed as a number beginning with E and in the UK have been seen as 'bad'. However just to highlight how misleading even this can be, E 300 is vitamin C I believe (might be wrong) and several E numbers used in colouring and flavouring are completely natural ingredients and not dreaded 'chemicals'
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options

Read this:

Read the link above. The answer is in there, along with the answers to a thousand more questions.

Ok I will definitely look into that.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. Especially when people are trying to make bread, pizza crusts or mashed potatoes out of it. :sick:

:laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ugh i wish people were more supportive and helpful instead of trying to tear apart anything "wrong" someone says.
    what about maltodextrin, try research if its bad ( i recently heard something about it)

and i think I've read a few times anything with an E is not natural and better left out.....
    im just suggesting but im not saying im correct before you all jump on me.

((SNIFFLE)) :cry: Thank you. This has been the most stressful post I have ever took part in.

No one started tearing you apart until you started calling people rude.

Well people were and I felt attacked.

That does not excuse your first response to attack someone's weigh when all they said was that sunlight could be bad also. [the response has now been deleted as it was against community guidelines]
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    subscribing...because this is too damn hilarious.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

This is the best thing I have read in here.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You can also get skin cancer from excessive exposure to the sun but no one's telling you to stay inside and hide under your bed until night time.

Actually if you want to be rude dermatologists do recommend you have sunscreen on at all times and try to not be in the sun. On that note i'm not the one overweight so I am doing something right.

Your logic is astounding......astoundingly bad that is. Plus, what was that about rude?

Wow, calling someone overweight on a site where one of the goals is to lose weight. That'll get you friends, huh? On that note, there's a difference between going out into the sun with sunscreen on and not laying out in it directly all day and staying inside with blackout curtains, just like there's a difference in having one or two sodas a day and completely shunning them because you think it'll kill you (if it could I would've died a long time ago because they put aspartame in diet iced tea as well).
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is on my bad list because it's disgusting
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    You can also get skin cancer from excessive exposure to the sun but no one's telling you to stay inside and hide under your bed until night time.

Actually if you want to be rude dermatologists do recommend you have sunscreen on at all times and try to not be in the sun. On that note i'm not the one overweight so I am doing something right.

Your logic is astounding......astoundingly bad that is. Plus, what was that about rude?

Wow, calling someone overweight on a site where one of the goals is to lose weight. That'll get you friends, huh? On that note, there's a difference between going out into the sun with sunscreen on and not laying out in it directly all day and staying inside with blackout curtains, just like there's a difference in having one or two sodas a day and completely shunning them because you think it'll kill you (if it could I would've died a long time ago because they put aspartame in diet iced tea as well).

Look I do apologize. What I said was unnecessary. I was trying to get basic information and people weren't being very nice about it so I got snippy. It was below the belt and not cute. I was basically trying to get a list going of things (chemicals) that people filter when they shop and look at labels. I know a good amount of people who will filter certain ingredients (for example aspartame). So I wanted to ask individuals who do the same thing. Not start a crazy post about how much I do not know or put people down.
  • wheird
    Options

Look I do apologize. What I said was unnecessary. I was trying to get basic information and people weren't being very nice about it so I got snippy. It was below the belt and not cute. I was basically trying to get a list going of things (chemicals) that people filter when they shop and look at labels. I know a good amount of people who will filter certain ingredients (for example aspartame). So I wanted to ask individuals who do the same thing. Not start a crazy post about how much I do not know or put people down.

I applaud you admitting it was wrong to do.

But I think, despite everything, you can glean some invaluable knowledge from what has been posted.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options

I applaud you admitting it was wrong to do.

But I think, despite everything, you can glean some invaluable knowledge from what has been posted.

Agreed. though I do have to do some research for myself bc I do not agree on everything that was posted. I am reading http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3198517/ at the moment but I have taken posts into consideration. There is a lot of stuff thrown at me........