Looking for friends who started over 250lbs and dropping!

Options
Hello all!! Need a little motivation!!! Looking for support from a few who started at a heavier weight like myself! I would love to see your journey and transition and how you did and kept the weight off!

Replies

• ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I started at 240. Close, but not quite 250. :-)
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. Started at 300 and am now at 288 and got a while to go. Im active everyday
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Feb 6th 2014 will be my two years of being part of mfp. I was 272lbs. I am down 85lbs and my goal is to hit 100 lbs off total. I would love to be finished by summer at the latest. So I can move on to maintaining my loss
  • dpeinsip
    Options
    Hey there! I started at 250 and hit 200 today. I've got 25 more til I hit my goal weight. It's been about a year of so, with a 3 month lapse. I had gotten down to about 190, then got back up to 215. Now I'm hard at it again. Feel free to add me. :-)
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Started at 273 in April 2013 -- I'm now at 223! For me -- it's been calories in vs. calories out. I'm still not done yet! Just losing 50 pounds -- I'm stronger, have tons of energy and I'm overall a happier person! :)
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was 250 exactly…. Ive lost over 51 lbs… its a challenge but you can do it… ADD ME!!!
  • wonderiss
    wonderiss Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started at 271 pounds in August 2012. Currently at 123 pounds. Started learning appropriate portion sizes, counting calories, and moving more.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I started at 258 back in October. I'm losing about 10 pounds a month, slowly and surely. I see a weight loss doctor and get weighed in every 2-3 weeks. Feel free to add me.
  • jzs20
    jzs20 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    started @ 260 and down to 188

Count calories everyday,and realize that it is possible to get down to ur goal weight ... Takes time and hard work but u can do it.
  • BeckaLowe
    Options
    I just joined the site and I haven't lost anything yet, but I am certainly over 273, so you are not alone.
  • Kassandra772
    Kassandra772 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started at 270 and am now at 195. My goal is to be around 135 lbs :). I would love to offer any support! It is a long but wonderful journey :)
  • sowich25
    sowich25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was 290 about 6 yrs ago. I droped down to 225. Unfortunatley I put 20 pounds back on. I rededicated myself after the first of January and have been killing since. I have only droped 3lbs but have seen the difference already in the way I feel. Feel free to add me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am not that active on my wall. I am more active in the forums, so you will probably see me here quite a lot. I think it's a fun place to come for support & new ideas!

I started out at my heaviest ever weight of 307 lb, back in 2008.

It took me around 4 years to get down to a weight that was typical for me as an adult. 271.
    I got there primarily by exercising...walking several miles 3-5 nights per week. I made very small changes to my diet but was clueless about calories.

Then I met my now-husband who knew a lot more about fitness and nutrition. I still did not understand about calorie counting but thanks to his positive influence I dropped another 9 lb down to 262.

I was disappointed that my weight loss had kind of stalled. I am 37 and have been around 260-270 for most of my 20s and 30s. So I decided to give MFP a try. I was never really a dieter. I HADN'T tried any of the usual suspects (shakes, Atkins, Jenny Craig, WW, etc). I was disillusioned by seeing friends/family working super hard to lose 15 lb that they promptly regained.

I joined MFP on March 25, 2013 at 262 and now I weigh 199 lb. So I'm down 108 from my all-time high and very happy about that. I had not been under 200 lb since I was 15 yrs old...until this week. Needless to say I am a big believer in following MFP suggested guidelines. I've been set to sedentary and 1.5/lb week this entire time. I underlog my exercise calories and eat most of them back. I hope this helps.
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Started at 299 pounds exactly on August 21, 2012. I've lost 52 pounds. You are welcome to add me.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was 274. I started MFP in May, and I'm down 71 pounds so far. I'm getting very close to being lighter than I was in high school. I'd love to be friends.
  • xNouvelleVie
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I started at 320 and am down to 309 now.
  • Mommy_Tiffany
    Mommy_Tiffany Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I love all of this support! Congrats to you all!
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Please feel free to add me :) I started my journey Sept 1st 2013

I have never told ANYONE my starting weight! NOT EVEN MY PERSONAL trainer!!!!!!!

So, this is just between us girls! I started at....oh lordy this is hard...are u ready? Hold ur breath...I can do this....I started at 280!

As of Monday I was down to 253. I am praying to be out of the 250's next week!

Wow! I sooooooo want to erase this! But I am going to resist the urge because I would like to make a new friend during my journey! :flowerforyou:

Good luck beautiful! U got this!
  • lilningirl
    lilningirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started at 250, lost 15 lbs. Lost all motivation and ended up at close to 280... have remotivated myself and am now back down to 260.

My biggest struggle is that I'm a very picky eater, so it can be difficult for me to not over eat on high calorie foods and get somewhat adequate nutrtion out of what I do eat.

Feel free to add me.
  • SankofaSister
    Options
    I started in October of 2013 at 267 lbs. and now I am down to 249 lbs...I started slow but I am now consistent in my effort to lose weight; I am trying to get to 180lbs. I have a very supportive family and they have been going to the gym with me. We just started a family challenge and now have several family members participating in the challenge. Here is a motivational video that we made to get everybody moving. I hope you like it....make sure your speakers are on! Good luck in your journey..!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_mbibIvBWE