Go Team October - Hundred Push-up Challenge

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    WK3 D2 14+19+14+14+19= 80

I may have to redo this week- the last 10 of the max set were on my knees and I barely could finish them then.
    I will be re-doing this week as well... 48 regular push-ups on Monday just about killed me. I definitely need some work! But hey - It's progress :bigsmile:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    great job Gonks and Meag...you guys are kicking *kitten*!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    W3D2 - Still managed to do ALL full push-ups, but I will certainly be re-doing the week. Boy is this week hard! I guess that's why they call it a challenge...

10+12+8+8+12=50 total push-ups! WOW I am pretty impressed with myself :bigsmile:

How's everyone else doing? Progress is slow but it's happening. Hope you're all keeping it up!
    -Meag
  • tjradd73
    Options
    awesome job Meag!! i will be doing mine when i get up this afternoon!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was so crazy, so I didn't have time for the pushups. Did them today, though - no falling off the wagon for this girl!

W3D2 = 10+12+8+8+14(max) = 52 knee pushups :happy:

I'm definitely noticing a difference in my core muscles - no doubt about it, they're firmer :bigsmile: Still too afraid to try normal pushups. I haven't tried in two or so weeks, but could barely do one or two then, and I don't want to be disappointed. I think I'm going to suck it up at the end of this week and see how many I can do...

Great job everyone on sticking with it!! Good luck this afternoon Tjradd!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    k guys!

WK3D3 (which i WILL be repeating this week for sure!)

11+13+9+9+15=57 knee push-ups!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Any objections to a noob getting in on this challenge?? One of my ultimate goals is to be able to do PROPER pushups! This seems like the perfect way to accomplish that. Plus, the 3 days a week can really coincide with my C25K training.

So....yes to my inviting myself in?
  • tjradd73
    Options
    welcome to the challenge!!
    Any objections to a noob getting in on this challenge?? One of my ultimate goals is to be able to do PROPER pushups! This seems like the perfect way to accomplish that. Plus, the 3 days a week can really coincide with my C25K training.

• meagalayne
    Options

Always welcome Taylor!! :bigsmile: GOOD LUCK!
  • stuartme123
    Options

Welcome!! The more the merrier :smile:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I have been working with a physical therapist for my nagging "pain in the butt", literally. She did adjust my pelvis. I had a hip bone that was higher and rotated forward. (probably sine January!) :frown: Been doing the recommended exercises almost faithfully and have been walking as my only exercise while working through this. The PT says that I should be good to get back to to my C25K and push-ups and any other form of exercise I want to do soon. It would be WONDERFUL to exercise without pain!! Irritating how I let myself de-rail from MFP while figuring it out. But here I am again, hopefully to report a full return to all activities and lose those last 5 lbs.!! The therapist also has me doing wall push ups to get my lats to "engage" as she says. Apparently I had not been using those muscles correctly. To think how my push-ups will progress when I get THAT straight!

Way to keep it up everyone. :drinker: :drinker: Not sure where I will begin once I get back to the push-ups!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Welcome Taylor!

Hoosier: You have periformis issues, right?

I did (finally) get my W3D1 pushups done this morning. Did 12+17+13+13+17 = 72 push ups - all from the toes. Can't say it was easy but I did get it in before yoga (which I think helped up the calorie burn slightly - if only by 20 cals or so)!

Update on the back issue: Went again yesterday to the chiro who now has a full time massage therapist (MT) working there. After the chiro adjusted me, he sent me over to the MT to have some ultrasound on the muscle under my shoulder blade. Well, he did do some Active Release on that muscle with his hands (instead of Ultrasound), but found that the muscle that runs from the occipital (skull) bone to the pelvis is so knotted on both sides that it is actually protruding (hypertonic) above the spine bones....this is absolutely not a good thing...but it does explain why I can't run & why my back has been hurting from behind my ear to my hips! Anyway, on a positive note, he said that he can work that muscle out to release (over time & with lots of deep tissue work) and *then* when the dr sets the bones, maybe they will stay. He said he hopes to having me running again soon.:bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Great news ladies!! Hoping to hear that you are both back hitting the pavement soon :bigsmile: Take care of yourselves!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Yep, its piriformis and it still hasn't gone away! Any day now!! I hope you get the back issue figured out! Don't give up! I will be back! Meanwhile I'll keep checkin'

Thanks for the encouragement Meag!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Finally got through W3 today...just barely. I've had to 'rest' mid set lately tho (where I just stay in the 'up' position for a bit) so I might try it again next week. No shame in repeating! Or maybe I'll just repeat this day. We'll see how I feel sunday.

16 +21+15+15+22= 89
  • stuartme123
    Options
    Just finished W3D3 and that was BRUTAL!! By the third set I was shaking after 5 pushups. I think I am going to have to redo W3. But as meggongonks says: no shame in repeating!

W3D3 stats = 11+13+9+9+13(max) = 55 knee pushups
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Definitely no shame repeating! Actually, they recommend it. If you are finding it too hard to do the sets properly with perfect form, repeat until you are able to move on. The 6 week schedule is really only reasonable if you are already fairly competent at push-ups when you start the program, from what I can tell. Just keep chipping away ladies...

Push-ups for me once my breakfast settles and I get some laundry in. Will check back in later in the days with results!

Great work everyone! WOHOO! Enjoy your weekends! :drinker:
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Doing the Initial Test tomorrow and can't wait to see how I'll be starting out in this program. Thinking I may try to talk the BF into taking on this challenge with me. We're both SUPER competitive, so it could be interesting!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    great idea taylor! my boyfriend is going to start it soon too, I think, trying to fit in sets between getting ready for work in the morning. he's been able to see the improvement in my shoulders, arms and back over the last 6 weeks or so from this + circuit training and I think he's a little jealous haha serves him right!

Did W3D3 today... 11+13+9+9+8(max was 13....) = 50 total. I literally collapsed in a heap on the floor after 8. I could not hold my body up any longer and my form was seriously deteriorating. I think I may try to max-out on my knees in a few mins to make up for the push-ups lost and to work on my form. May as well, since I have a few days rest coming up!

Will definitely be revisiting W3 next week. Good luck everyone and have a great weekend!
    Where are Joel and Halo, anyway? Boys -- You better be getting those push-ups in!
    -Meag
  • tjradd73
    Options
    repeat of WK3D1 today! slow progress seen each time!

10+12+7+7+12=48 knee push-ups!