Match Vs eHarmony?

Options

Replies

• moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    39 isn't even close to being ancient. I've seen women who look incredible at 50 and others who look horrible at 30. (I'm sure the same could be said for men, I just don't look at men in that light)

Aging gracefully is important. Eat right, limit your alcohol intake, wear sunscreen, don't smoke, dress nice, and just take care of yourself. Also, don't let online dating diminish your confidence.

I eat clean, train hard (see profile photos), dress well, drink rarely, never smoked, no sun in England haha and online dating has scared me off women for life - you saw the photo of my only potential suitors!!!!

Online dating is bizarro world. My results were nearly identical to yours when I did it.

I found that it's much easier to meet people in a gym class as oppose to just going to a gym. I use to go to YouFit, a typical $20/month chain gym. It was 90% men lifting weights and old women walking the treadmill. The place did the job, but was depressing.

I just joined a different gym that has only HIIT classes. The demographic is close to 80% women. They're in excellent shape, friendly, and always chatty after class. I've met more women in 1 week there than in 3 years at my previous gym.

Just something to think about.

I love my gym, as it's a glorified garage full of compound lift equipment. But, it's all burly doormen. Women are terrified of setting foot in there, most men are too haha!

My job is all men, my entire life is pretty much devoid of the chance to meet anybody. I'm starting yoga soon to stretch me out between lifts as I get older. That might open some doors for me, not that I'm going just to try and meet women, mind.

Yeah, when online dating leaves you with nothing but Mama June Shannon lookalikes, celibacy is a better option. Sheesh, though!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Online dating is bizarro world. My results were nearly identical to yours when I did it.

I found that it's much easier to meet people in a gym class as oppose to just going to a gym. I use to go to YouFit, a typical $20/month chain gym. It was 90% men lifting weights and old women walking the treadmill. The place did the job, but was depressing.

I just joined a different gym that has only HIIT classes. The demographic is close to 80% women. They're in excellent shape, friendly, and always chatty after class. I've met more women in 1 week there than in 3 years at my previous gym.

Just something to think about.

For sure.

Fitness classes, regardless of the class, have great ratios. I like the HIIT style workouts, and in my experience, those classes have been typically 60-70% women. Try getting that ratio at a bar.

I've done yoga a couple times, so my sample size on yoga is small. I didn't particularly like yoga, but the prevailing wisdom on yoga would be that the ratios would be somewhat similar to what I mentioned above.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    So, online dating. Ugh. Anyway, random text conversations, very benign, no flirting, getting to know someone. A text or two a day for about a week. Bam, this morning, nude photo.

Not the first time this has happened.

Why do guys feel this is acceptable before there's even any hint sexual relationship? Unsolicited **** pics are a bad idea. (Even though he has a rocking body, and probably thinks it's a strong selling point).

Why guys, why? Can't we get to know each other first?
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    So, online dating. Ugh. Anyway, random text conversations, very benign, no flirting, getting to know someone. A text or two a day for about a week. Bam, this morning, nude photo.

Why do guys feel this is acceptable before there's even any hint sexual relationship? Unsolicited **** pics are a bad idea. (Even though he has a rocking body, and probably thinks it's a strong selling point).

I have no idea why fellas do this, it ruins the anticipation, surely? We never did this in my day, mind you it would have gone soft by the time the polaroid had developed! :laugh:
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    You're younger than the guy I got a pic from this morning. I don't understand out of nowhere pics. Establish a relationship, THEN sending pics is fine.
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    You're younger than the guy I got a pic from this morning. I don't understand out of nowhere pics. Establish a relationship, THEN sending pics is fine.

Yeah! No pics until after you've seen each other in the flesh at least.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

Is it a selling point? Are you going to get together with him b/c he sent it?
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on match and have been very happily married for 3 years !
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options

Because he's just looking to hook up. It doesn't matter if it's with you, a 400 pound woman, a midget, or whoever. He's just looking to get laid.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Can't we get to know each other first?
    th?id=H.4794159683208198&pid=15.1
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for eHarmony, but I met my husband on Match (and my friend met her husband on Match, and my boss met his wife on Match...)

When I moved to a new state, it was really just a great way to get out and meet people, and I found some friends though it too! (Note, that in the area I lived, it was really common for people to be on it. So it may not have had the stigma or pressure it may have elsewhere--also can't speak to that since I've been with my husband since moving, and he probably wouldn't appreciate me trying it out here!)
  • summertime_girl
    Options

No. I was, but lost interest completely.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

-hug-
    Sorry to hear that, girl. You're gorgeous, you'll find someone <3333
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options

fyi My policy for sending **** pics is FULL TWO WEEKS. :wink: :tongue:
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    I'm not opposed (at all) if there is a relationship. Random and/or unsolicited is weird.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that things happened as they did. Never fun to have a promising prospect underwhelm.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

Because he's just looking to hook up. It doesn't matter if it's with you, a 400 pound woman, a midget, or whoever. He's just looking to get laid.

If that's the mindset, that sounds like a pure quantity play to me, which I don't necessarily understand.
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    I'm not opposed (at all) if there is a relationship. Random and/or unsolicited is weird.

Try a video from a platonic friend, pleasuring herself, meant for her boyfriend, same first name as me. Yeah, it was awkward...
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    almost all relationships end, no matter where you met them......love is an illusion.....it's all crap......
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    almost all relationships end, no matter where you met them......love is an illusion.....it's all crap......
    life is an illusion