Just an observation....almost scared to post!

Options

Replies

• DONNALEES
    DONNALEES Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing, there honestly are people who post just to be mean. I know someone personally who does this and he enjoys it. He thinks it's funny. He posts merely to get a rise out of other people. There are people here who do that as well. There are people here that are very arrogant and condescending as well. Then there are those, as you say, don't necessarily mean anything by it but are instead are being misunderstood or not responding as the person asking had hoped. That being said , that's life. You have have want to accomplish your goals without the need for the everyone else's acceptance.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    This is totally new to me!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    There are mean people, but it is rarely the people who are most frequently called mean.

Example:

Poster A : I don't like [insert body type here]. It's gross.
    Posters B-Z: Are you seriously on here body shaming?

Fight ensues where Poster A continues to denigrate a body type, then all chaos breaks loose in gifs.

Result:

OMG, Posters B-Z are ganging up on A. They're so mean!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Fresh crop of newbies = fresh crop of mean people threads
    giphy.gif

On the bright side, the chances of hitting MFP Bingo is on a rise!

Anyone get a bingo yet!?

(I really need to start playing... Joy, send me the card again?)
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    Yes, there are some genuinely unpleasant people here. Just ignore them, or respond directly to them if they bother you.

Keep in mind that, for a lot of people here, MFP is their preferred online community. Expect to get caught in the crossfire every now and then. It is easier to just roll your eyes and stay out of their way than post another mean people thread. Nothing good will ever come of a mean people thread, and why would it? It isn't exactly constructive or nice to post threads complaining about other users.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    i don't mind the mean people and some SOME know what they're talking about and tell you home truths and some are total tw@ts so ignore them and laugh at them they're not worth it.. internet warriors haha

Its the pervs i dont like grrrrrrrr
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are some genuinely unpleasant people here. Just ignore them, or respond directly to them if they bother you.

This is very true... Mike and his boyfriend DMZ come to mind off-hand...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Anyone get a bingo yet!?

joy, can you send me the card too?

tis the mfp bingo season!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Anyone get a bingo yet!?

I will once I get my laptop back from repair I will :tongue:

Didn't bookmark them on my tablet. Grrr...
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    large.jpg \m/

Oh how I have missed Moon Moon.

Op, if you look, I've been here a while and yet have few posts. Here's what I have learned:

You aren't going to be BFFs with everybody. You're not going to like the advice some people give, you're not going to like the way they give it and you're going to think they suck (I think I can say that; translate to your negative emotion as needed). And that's ok.

Read the forums for a while. Note who seems to make sense to you. Follow them and make sure they aren't serial killers in disguise. If you are feeling brash, FR them. Sometimes they will accept, sometimes not. Don't worry about that.

There are an astonishing number of people here who give their time, their talent and their extensive knowledge to new people over and over and over again. Understandably, sometimes they become weary of people arguing with them no matter what advice is given. Of course the favorite topics have already been mentioned but if you don't want a question answered honestly, do not ask it.

The same people who have been labelled "mean," or "the wolf pack" are the same people who have answered my questions (on and off the forums) with grace, patience and kindness. Some of them are my friends, some are not. But all are valuable to me because they've saved me from magic unicorn fixes, injury from stupidity in the gym, and they make me laugh every day.

Don't mistake sarcasm and weariness for meanness. And don't waste the tremendous help these meanies can offer you. They are incredible.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

This is very true... Mike and his boyfriend DMZ come to mind off-hand...
    I'm pretty sure that they and their friend Nutella are all the same person and are master trolls.

It's simply too sad to think people like them are real.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Anyone get a bingo yet!?

I will once I get my laptop back from repair I will :tongue:

Didn't bookmark them on my tablet. Grrr...

Here you go: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/475116-mfp-bingo
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Of course people are mean on here.. Most are starving and cranky!! :explode: LOL!! :tongue:
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    <quote>
    I see your mean person post...

and raise you a "1200 calorie diet" thread...
    </quote>

LMFAO.

Don't think of them as "mean." Think of them as highly opinionated and stubborn.
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    DAMN people! Your remarks could be a little kinder...

She was just stating the obvious and I believe her point has been proven by the way that 90% have jumped in with rude/sarcastic comments...
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Of course people are mean on here.. Most are starving and cranky!! :explode: LOL!! :tongue:

LOL LOVE this comment :)
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey if the OP or anyone wants to add me as friend for inspiration and advice. Please feel free. There is so much awesome beauty in the world and around us that I just do give two flying flips bout the negativity anymore. You have to move right past it without so much of a thought! Once you build a good circle around you of people who are happy with themselves and life....the negativity melts away! Good Luck!
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting or even reading these posts very much until recently, but wow.....has anyone else noticed how mean people can be? I'm afraid to ask any questions for fear of being ridiculed for being utterly ignorant about how my own body works. Yes, I'd like to lose weight; Yes, I realize it takes hard work and dedication; Yes, I am HUMAN and make mistakes, excuses, missteps, etc. No one is perfect.

As I said, just an observation.

Look. Life is cold and cruel. People here are very supportive. What do you want?

Damn I'm so tired of weepy moist people coming and whining because some people on here can be a little blunt. Truth hurts. Deal...
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have lurked here for a while but have only posted (I think) one other time, but I'm always puzzled by these threads. Go into the Success Stories forum and you will see thousands of people cheering on complete strangers. Not only is it not mean--it's positively heartwarming. I have teared up more than once reading them.

But while I don't post in response, I do roll my eyes while sitting at my desk when, like clockwork, someone shows up on one of those threads in the Success Stories forum and asks, "How did you do it?" Some people just don't want to hear that it requires a calorie deficit and a little patience to lose weight. And, sorry, adults who indulge in that kind of magical thinking deserve to be ridiculed.
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    SSbei0K.gif

I'm sorry but this was too funny!!!!
This discussion has been closed.