Husband does not get it??

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Also not canadian lol! I live in michigan!

If you're running in Detroit you might want to carry a SIG Sauer P250 or something. Possibly an M-60.

I live in Detroit. True story! :laugh:
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are reading into it too much. I'm not sure why you would want to run in that kind of temperature. He sound concerned for you not trying to sabotage.
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I say get as HOT AS HELL!!!!
    HOT HOT HOT HOT SMOKIN' HOT!!!

That's what I'm doing.

This guy I talk to regularly is a control freak, and it pisses him off I won't listen, but he still calls, cause I'm hot. LOL HAHAHHAAHA!!! and getting HOTTER!!

HAAAWWWWTTTTT!!!! DO IT!!!!

Then he'll see he'll have to work for it and not be such a dinkus.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are reading into it too much. I'm not sure why you would want to run in that kind of temperature. He sound concerned for you not trying to sabotage.

People who let things like extremely low temperatures stop them from running are quitters.
  • mnighttess
    Options
    Sounds like you should be horribly upset. How dare he care about you!?!?!?!. Girl...he is so wrong...I mean whats next!?! Handing you a twinkie on the way out the door.?!?!..cause I mean that is the same thing right!?! Coat=twinkie. Ohhh girl leave him now b5 that happens...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Move to an apartment complex and rent a place next to a really hot female neighbor that your husband will go ga-ga for... then accuse him of cheating, get drunk (because alcohol makes you warm, which burns calories - hence it is a negative calorie food), and call her at all hours to tell her to keep her mitts off of your man.

Then, just break up.

It's the only way.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Lived in Michigan for years, until I got smart and moved to nice warm TX a few moths back.

Why on earth would you go running in just a sports bra with those temps? I get the dedication...but seriously are you trying to get frostbite?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    40 below with windchill. I wouldn't let my wife out in that weather either. She could interpret that anyway she wants, but her safety is more important to me than harmony at that point.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Seems like he was genuinely worried. My hubby wouldn't want me running in -40 degree weather either :laugh:
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't like how some people are being really rude or discouraging. Telling this woman to break up or being rude about her husband isn't gonna help her!! She's not saying it's the end of the world, she's just having a little conflict and she wants help.
    Should we encourage her to remain in such a terrible marriage? We CARE about her!

But how did you decide her marriage was terrible? I mean yeah a guy shouldn't be stopping his wife from doing what she loves (especially exercising) but from what I understood (maybe I got it wrong) he doesn't do it every time, and this incident it was -40 outside when she wanted to go running. How does this make her marriage terrible?
    It's terrible because he's telling her what to do. He's trying to manipulate her by showing "concern". She needs to get out. NOW.
    Wait... So .... a husband telling his wife to put on a coat before she goes out in -40 temperature because he either 1. Is really concerned or 2. Just doesnt want other guys seeing her means he's a control freak?
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If he wanted you to wear a coat, wear a coat.

Hell, at least he let you out of the kitchen.

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    There there, make him a sandwich and give him a beer or twelve like a good wife. He's just concerned about your uterus falling out while you run. Who can blame him?
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    -40 F or -40 C ?

Funny thing about those two scales... they intersect at -40 :)
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    normally I would say sabotage, but -40 windchill does sound frikkin scary to run in, so he could have been genuinely worried for your well-being.

I agree. I definitely think he is concerned about your health and doesn't want you to get sick! I think you should try talking to him about this, calmly of course. Obviously we are all here for support but we aren't your husband. You have to let him know how you feel. If you don't tell him, he won't know and therefore, nothing will change.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    tell him to buy you a treadmill or better yet, tell him ya want to move to Florida!
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    thanks for some help and no thanks to the rude people on here attacking me!!

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

If you're running in only a sports bra in -40F weather, you're a moron .
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    40 below with windchill. I wouldn't let my wife out in that weather either.

Keep on holding her back bro.
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    thanks for some help and no thanks to the rude people on here attacking me!!

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

Also not canadian lol! I live in michigan!

Good men are a prize. Sounds like he cares. Also, put a shirt on if he doesnt like you running in a sports bra. Small sacrifice if you ask me.

^^ this!!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I think we are married to the same guy!
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I needed to be there... if it is that cold, then perhaps it was simple concern of it being so cold.

Instead of venting, I would talk directly to him (I mean talk) it shouldn't be a defense/offense kinda situation - express how you really feel and perhaps tell him reasons why you are committed to doing this.

In all reality, no one can sabotage you except you