Husband does not get it??

Options

Replies

• PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I don't like how some people are being really rude or discouraging. Telling this woman to break up or being rude about her husband isn't gonna help her!! She's not saying it's the end of the world, she's just having a little conflict and she wants help.
    Should we encourage her to remain in such a terrible marriage? We CARE about her!

But how did you decide her marriage was terrible? I mean yeah a guy shouldn't be stopping his wife from doing what she loves (especially exercising) but from what I understood (maybe I got it wrong) he doesn't do it every time, and this incident it was -40 outside when she wanted to go running. How does this make her marriage terrible?
    It's terrible because he's telling her what to do. He's trying to manipulate her by showing "concern". She needs to get out. NOW.
    Wait... So .... a husband telling his wife to put on a coat before she goes out in -40 temperature because he either 1. Is really concerned or 2. Just doesnt want other guys seeing her means he's a control freak?

I think you need to turn your sarcasm radar on.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    All I know is running in -40 is insane. I'd suggest a coat too.

running when its just 20 outside is crazy to me! WEAR A COAT!!!!

I ran a race on New Years in 20F.
    I overheated and had to take a layer off.
    Really considered running the last mile in just a tank top.
    But then I had too much to carry...
    I did do a race once when it was raining and 30 in shorts and a tshirt I did get hot but I didn't shed anything lol
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    normally I would say sabotage, but -40 windchill does sound frikkin scary to run in, so he could have been genuinely worried for your well-being.

This... Now if he does it every day no matter what the temp is yeah then he needs to be beaten!
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I really don't know why your all calling me a moron and idiot.. I was looking for help because I want to EXERSIZE.. Isn't that what this site is for?? How do I delete this??

I can show you how to delete this, but it'll cost you...your dignity.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. He wants you to wear a coat in freezing temps and this means he is trying to stop you from unleashing your hotness?

Unless there is a whole other layer of context to this story, it sounds to me like he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. You should be grateful he cares about you and not be so critical reading into every little word he utters.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I really don't know why your all calling me a moron and idiot.. I was looking for help because I want to EXERSIZE.. Isn't that what this site is for?? How do I delete this??

I thought this was a suport cite. Smdh @ all the RUDE ppl.

SO MANY BULLIES!

I'm on your side OP!

Good luck on your gurney!!
  • Buck_Commander
    Options

Are you trying to loose wait?
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I see no problem in running in -40 weather. Just remember when you pass my house come inside and we'll cuddle naked to get you warm again before you go home to that abusive husband.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!
  • CarmeloCortez
    Options
    So your husband tells you to dress warmer before you go running in temperatures that can kill you within minutes and you respond with some half assed theory about sabatoge? It sounds like you have some serious issues.
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't like how some people are being really rude or discouraging. Telling this woman to break up or being rude about her husband isn't gonna help her!! She's not saying it's the end of the world, she's just having a little conflict and she wants help.
    Should we encourage her to remain in such a terrible marriage? We CARE about her!

But how did you decide her marriage was terrible? I mean yeah a guy shouldn't be stopping his wife from doing what she loves (especially exercising) but from what I understood (maybe I got it wrong) he doesn't do it every time, and this incident it was -40 outside when she wanted to go running. How does this make her marriage terrible?
    It's terrible because he's telling her what to do. He's trying to manipulate her by showing "concern". She needs to get out. NOW.
    Wait... So .... a husband telling his wife to put on a coat before she goes out in -40 temperature because he either 1. Is really concerned or 2. Just doesnt want other guys seeing her means he's a control freak?

I think you need to turn your sarcasm radar on.

Maybe I do....
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

So- put on a hat, gloves, some proper gear for running in cold temps, and exercise! It seems your hubs wants you to be safe and not get frostbite... really unsure what the problem is. Perhaps it's in your head?
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    thanks for some help and no thanks to the rude people on here attacking me!!

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

If you're running in only a sports bra in -40F weather, you're a moron .

YOU"RE MEAN!

Here's a thought, the two of you should go running together in negative temps without proper protection of your body - will weed out the gene pool that much faster.

You clearly need to turn your sarcasm radar on.
    And if it is on, you're just a jerk.

I'm from NH and she's from MI.
    I've gotten used to the cold and I overheat when I run.

But my "you're mean" comment was actual truth.
    Go read the community guidelines.
  • GoreWhore72
    Options
    I hear you, my gym opened late this morning so I said I guess I'll just go into work an hour late - and he says oh no don't do that! Men :P

This guy is dead weight! Good lord, drop him before he turns you into one of those bedridden fat sacks you see on TLC.

HAHAH!! Had a one of those, and it's taken five years to finally be me, but I'm not stopping!!!
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    All I know is running in -40 is insane. I'd suggest a coat too.

running when its just 20 outside is crazy to me! WEAR A COAT!!!!

I ran a race on New Years in 20F.
    I overheated and had to take a layer off.
    Really considered running the last mile in just a tank top.
    But then I had too much to carry...
    I did do a race once when it was raining and 30 in shorts and a tshirt I did get hot but I didn't shed anything lol

I had to.
    It was messing with my pace and my glasses were fogging.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've seen you help others on here for martial problems before, and i finally need it..

I was going to go running today.. My husband said it was too cold and that he was worried!! Is he worried that I'm going to get too hot and leave him?? is this sabotage?? I told him that I'm my own woman and I'm doing this for me!! He said honey you need to put on a coat and hat if your going to run in -40 windchill.. But I read that running increases your body temp anyway, so i told him to check the science. plus being cold burns more calories!!

I'm really upset right now!! why doesn't my husband get my fitness journey?? any advice??
    Wait what?
    Is he worried that I'm going to get too hot and leave him?? is this sabotage?? -- Insecure with relationship
    -40 windchill That' DAMN Cold you should put something on..
    But I read that running increases your body temp anyway, so i told him to check the science. plus being cold burns more calories!! --- Is it really worth it if you only burn 50-100 extra calories?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I hear this is on sale over at Amazon.

screen480x480.jpeg

A few of you folks might want to consider a purchase.
  • GoreWhore72
    Options
    thanks for some help and no thanks to the rude people on here attacking me!!

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

If you're running in only a sports bra in -40F weather, you're a moron .

I bet penguins jog in -40 without tops. Are you saying penguins are morons?

Hey!! Watch what you say about PINGU.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    whats -40c?

Canadian

Typical american answer - metric is not a "canadian" thing. There's only 3 countries in the world (US and 2 other 3rd world countries) that still use the backwards imperial system, maybe it's time for the US to step it up a notch.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm with others ... If it was that cold? Seriously, it's the weather honey. And most runners (I too run ... A LOT), but most are mouth breathers and that's really hard on the lungs because the air doesn't get warmed like it does when being sucked in through the nose.

Unless u have a different example, I would not think its because "he's afraid you'll get to hot and leave." Are YOU thinking that though? I would hope from that one comment you wouldn't go off like that because damn hahaha that's just silly.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    So your husband tells you to dress warmer before you go running in temperatures that can kill you within minutes and you respond with some half assed theory about sabatoge? It sounds like you have some serious issues.

This