Dr Oz 2 Week Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Good Lawd people. It is a simple detox. All detox plans are extreme. This one, not so much. Veggies and fruits have complex carbs that your body has to work at to digest and therefore does not turn to instant fat. The grains that go into the crab foods we buy in the super markets this day are so genetically modified they are not any good. Of course, the alternatives are expensive or unrealistic so I just stay away from the breads.

Either way, the info in his diet is just a compilation of several books on the market. Common sense tells you that simple sugars and carbs, diet soda and alcohol are crap. Dairy is crap for your adult body. Again, so processed and modified once you purchase it, it is nothing like fresh dairy milk. Store bought juice is crap. Want an interesting read? Research how today's OJ is processed. Including OJ that touts itself as All Natural and Fresh. It is a scary processed food world out there. A little detox does a body good. Even if it isn't this one. =)
    all the things you are saying are "crap" I eat regularly and have about 11-12% body fat...

what is this diet detoxing that your body does not naturally detox on its own..?

Hey!

:angry:

sorry Joff…but I have taken up your crusade…you are of course, still the leader…I am just a servant to the master :) bahahahahahaha
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...ever heard of visceral fat? Losing weight should be about getting healthy, not skinny. If you are chowing down on red meat, carbs and sugar that is just not getting healthy.

Finally some logic.

I eat those things in moderation and I am healthy.
    God just loves me more, I guess. :noway:

Edit: I don't dine on peoples's visceral fat. I gave that up a couple of years ago
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Even the best, most scientific plan won't work if you can't stick with it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Good Lawd people. It is a simple detox. All detox plans are extreme. This one, not so much. Veggies and fruits have complex carbs that your body has to work at to digest and therefore does not turn to instant fat. The grains that go into the crab foods we buy in the super markets this day are so genetically modified they are not any good. Of course, the alternatives are expensive or unrealistic so I just stay away from the breads.

Either way, the info in his diet is just a compilation of several books on the market. Common sense tells you that simple sugars and carbs, diet soda and alcohol are crap. Dairy is crap for your adult body. Again, so processed and modified once you purchase it, it is nothing like fresh dairy milk. Store bought juice is crap. Want an interesting read? Research how today's OJ is processed. Including OJ that touts itself as All Natural and Fresh. It is a scary processed food world out there. A little detox does a body good. Even if it isn't this one. =)
    all the things you are saying are "crap" I eat regularly and have about 11-12% body fat...

what is this diet detoxing that your body does not naturally detox on its own..?

Hey!

sorry Joff…but I have taken up your crusade…you are of course, still the leader…I am just a servant to the master :) bahahahahahaha

I really don't care who finds the lost ark...er, I mean, the answer to this question. I'll just be glad that the eternal quest has been completed.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Hey!

I really don't care who finds the lost ark...er, I mean, the answer to this question. I'll just be glad that the eternal quest has been completed.

at this rate, we will be at it for another 1000 years….minimum...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...ever heard of visceral fat? Losing weight should be about getting healthy, not skinny. If you are chowing down on red meat, carbs and sugar that is just not getting healthy.

Finally some logic.

So....if I eat at a deficit and include carbs, red meat or sugar I'm only losing subcutaneous fat? That makes zero sense. You do know that vegetables and fruit contain carbs, right? They contain sugar as well. The body has a natural balance of visceral, subcutaneous and intramuscular fat that it will maintain. The first to go is the intramuscular and that's why when people start lifting their muscles go from mushy to solid. It's like the marbling in a steak.

You know that there is a lower limit to body fat. Men are told to not go below 5% body fat because the body requires visceral fat to maintain organs and aid in a variety of processes we don't usually think about (skin repair, hair growth and a many metabolic processes). That's why a shredded male bodybuilder (almost no subcutaneous body fat) will still be around 5% body fat.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Hey!

at this rate, we will be at it for another 1000 years….minimum...

As if the unnamed toxin won't do us in before then anyhow.

Oh, the irony...
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    This is how I picture advice from Dr Oz...

Dr-Spaceman-Main_zps786fea77.gif

Spine-Straight_zpsad924d49.gif
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Every time Dr. Oz is mentioned in an MFP thread a puppy dies.

:sad:
  • Rmae415
    Rmae415 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to add something besides sarcasm to the conversation. Although I truly appreciate sarcasm. I am not endorsing Dr Oz in any way. I do not watch his show. I did stumble across this "diet plan" a few weeks ago and it looked interesting. While on the surface it may look like you are going to starve to death, I'm on day five and found just the opposite to be true. I am eating more than I was before. It takes much more food to reach my calorie goals when wheat and sugar are eliminated. I also do not feel deprived. Today I had the yummy smoothie for breakfast, a lunch of spinach salad with avocado yogurt dressing & tuna for lunch. For dinner I had a lovely spread of grilled chicken with sautéed spinach, mushrooms and chicken breast all marinade in the veggie broth which is yum. I snacked on hummus and snappeas. I feel great. I have no idea if I will lose some exhorbant amount of weight. I just wanted to see what my body feels like in absence of dairy, wheat and sugar. I'm learning new ways to get creative with veggies. Yesterday I made cauliflower " mashed potatoes " which were surprisingly good. Here is a picture of my nutrition today on mfp. Looks pretty healthy to me! I came in around 1,300 calories. Nothing is a magic bullet for weight loss but this plan may help lower cravings, identify foods that disagree with you and also challenge you to find new creative healthy meals. Just my two cents.:smile:
  • Rmae415
    Rmae415 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am a nerd and can't figure out how to post the photo.
  • spaceychik
    Options
    finallyfit201, thank you for rescuing this topic from teen trollers. I have been on this diet for 9 days and have only lost 3 lbs. the first 4 days and nothing since. But my cravings for simple carbs have greatly decreased. I haven't exercised much, so maybe that's why I haven't lost more. I know the first 3 lbs. were water, but I think I should be losing for real now or wish I was.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I would like to add something besides sarcasm to the conversation. Although I truly appreciate sarcasm. I am not endorsing Dr Oz in any way. I do not watch his show. I did stumble across this "diet plan" a few weeks ago and it looked interesting. While on the surface it may look like you are going to starve to death, I'm on day five and found just the opposite to be true. I am eating more than I was before. It takes much more food to reach my calorie goals when wheat and sugar are eliminated. I also do not feel deprived. Today I had the yummy smoothie for breakfast, a lunch of spinach salad with avocado yogurt dressing & tuna for lunch. For dinner I had a lovely spread of grilled chicken with sautéed spinach, mushrooms and chicken breast all marinade in the veggie broth which is yum. I snacked on hummus and snappeas. I feel great. I have no idea if I will lose some exhorbant amount of weight. I just wanted to see what my body feels like in absence of dairy, wheat and sugar. I'm learning new ways to get creative with veggies. Yesterday I made cauliflower " mashed potatoes " which were surprisingly good. Here is a picture of my nutrition today on mfp. Looks pretty healthy to me! I came in around 1,300 calories. Nothing is a magic bullet for weight loss but this plan may help lower cravings, identify foods that disagree with you and also challenge you to find new creative healthy meals. Just my two cents.:smile:

what we are trying to say is that you can eat at 1300 calories a day, lose weight, and not restrict entire food groups and torture yourself…

but I am glad it is working for you …

question - do you think you can eat like that for life?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on Dr. Oz? If I needed a heart transplant...then sure, I would listen to him. But I don't...so I don't need to listen to him. Those are my thoughts, lol. After all, would you go see a brain surgeon if you had a tooth ache? Yeah....didn't think so.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    finallyfit201, thank you for rescuing this topic from teen trollers. I have been on this diet for 9 days and have only lost 3 lbs. the first 4 days and nothing since. But my cravings for simple carbs have greatly decreased. I haven't exercised much, so maybe that's why I haven't lost more. I know the first 3 lbs. were water, but I think I should be losing for real now or wish I was.

not a teen..

34 years old..

Been on the eat whatever I like, work out/lift heavy, count macros, and eat in calorie deficit "diet" for seven years and have gotten down to 11% body fat..

so you can listen to some cardiologist that is pushing every fad diet under the sun, or someone that has had long term success…the choice is yours…
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm curious what people eat if they cut out all carbs, dairy and sugar. Lettuce? Most fruits and veggies have some kind of carb.

I want the answer to this as well. I have lost weight on "low carb" diets but realistically, how long can anyone last, never eating carbs and dairy. I absolutely adore fat free Greek yogurt so I refuse to give up dairy anytime soon. :noway:
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    thank you for rescuing this topic from teen trollers.
    Nope. :grumble:

I'm 50, I've lost a lot of weight and I'm in better shape than I was 10 years ago. I've benefitted from solid fundamental advice from the old farts (over 30) on these forums. Not one of them tried to push raspberry ketones or jump starting my metabolism.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    If it isn't a change you can stay on forever....it isn't a good way to go. You want to make good, healthy life-long lasting changes to your "diet". I put that in quotes because a diet is usually associated with "short term changes". And that just doesn't work, however long-term healthy changes to the way you eat & live DO make a difference. It has to be sustainable, something YOU can do every day for the rest of your life.
  • thedaintyone
    thedaintyone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Listen, i work at a very popular organic/natural foods store. People come in daily saying "oh dr oz said to buy gogi berries for my cholesterol" or this rare sweetener that apparently is good for diabetics.......its always sad looking housewives that look like the havent left the house in over ten years..........i swear the second dr oz says "go buy this---" people swarm the market to buy this stuff suspiciously its usually the same brand that makes it.......i once bought green coffee bean capsules w/raspberry keytones.......the stuff made me breakout horribly and also gave me serious anxiety and heart palpatations......i later found out that dr oz had recommended this one of his shows........no kidding doesnt surprise me there.....the guy is a salesman.....just eat a balanced diet with small portions...... told the lady with the goji berries straight out that her cholesterol would not go down because she eats a tbsp of $20 berry powder everyday....no sir.....turn off dr oz.. id rather listen to dr. Steve brule! For your health!
  • mcasarez74
    Options
    I started this diet a week ago and I have lost a size in pants my size 10 are fitting again, I haven't weighed myself but definitely see the difference and I feel great!. Although, I have to say it was hard the first 2 days but what I find amazing is that I'm not craving the carbs and sugars like I did before, and trust I love sweets and carbs. I don't think I can follow this diet for the rest of my life but definitely I will stay away from carbs and sugars and continue eating more veggies as I am now. I'm also taking multi vitamins and the probiatic as advised to take. Just try it and trust me you will feel wonderful.