lol thought this pic parodied feminism well(Women only pls)

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Its a bit disturbing to feel out how many people seem to not even acknowledge the idea that feminism is detrimental to society.

Its like the idea that its possible is not even on your radar which is quite appalling to consider the chaotic irresponsibility of it all.

God, I know. What's wrong with these women, wanting to be treated as equals? The nerve of them! Did they ever stop to think about how it would effect everyone else? Geez!
    Whatever would we do without gender roles? They're SOOOO important!

Oh oh oh, I want to play! Can we start talking about how it's unnatural because, after all, the womenz are clearly meant to take care of the babies....and be smaller, and delicate, and nurturing.....

Wait wut?
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a little funny as a parody of the body acceptance movement. I didn't really connect it with feminism.

As for the Body Acceptance movement itself, I think it great for people of all weights to love themselves, love their bodies, and I think people *can* be attractive even if they are overweight.

However, I've seen versions of this "since when did this become more attractive than this" meme where the one of the women was so obese it posed a very real health risk, and where the other woman looked healthy and attractive. I see that and think, "umm healthy's always been more attractive than lard-butt".

I've also seen versions of it where the "heavy" woman didn't really look heavy to me. She looked like she had decent curves, you know boobs, hips... but not fat by any means, and the "thin" woman looked like a walking skeleton. To these I sit back and think, "Ummm.... skeletor is not now, and never has been, more attractive than healthy."

So, I guess my take on it is that healthy is more attractive than any unhealthy extreme.

I think women should love their bodies and themselves and appreciate the positives about their appearance no matter what their weight, but I think if a woman is serious over- or under-weight, she should be working on remedying that situation for her own health, not so some other person finds her more attractive.

As for the burgers, squished burgers that look several hours old have never been more attractive than plump fresh ones.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Its a bit disturbing to feel out how many people seem to not even acknowledge the idea that feminism is detrimental to society.

Its like the idea that its possible is not even on your radar which is quite appalling to consider the chaotic irresponsibility of it all.

yes... yes indeed.

us weak females need you big strong manly men to protect us and save us and kill our spiders. but only if you are ripped and have sexy bodies. Because that is the only way we can know that you are happy and fulfilled.

no really... I DO need someone to kill my spiders.

All funning aside... I like being strong, powerful, self-sufficient.. because then I can pick the man I want to be with for the man he is, and not for what he can provide for me. I am with who I am with because I WANT to be. Not because I HAVE to be.

Maybe that is what scares the OP.

With strong hot ladies like you out there who needs a man?!? Seriously. I'm sure there is tons of viable sperm in sperm banks that we can use if we want to have babies.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping the OP has a vagina hidden under all those abs. I'd be more willing to consider the topic. And yes, I consider the source to be significant to the point of an argument.
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm...burgers.

Any bacon on them there burgers???:laugh:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

God, I know. What's wrong with these women, wanting to be treated as equals? The nerve of them! Did they ever stop to think about how it would effect everyone else? Geez!

Equality for men: women = to men
    Equality for women: women > than men
    I believe in feminism but that doesn't mean that I expect to be treated better than a man, or to be above men. It just means that I expect equal respect for the work put it. I can carry more than most the guys I work with. I'm not a body builder but I'm built like an amazon (albeit an obese one). I don't expect men to do things for me, I don't expect people to pay for me. My boyfriend likes paying for when we go out but if the tab is too high I split it and it's equal because I make him dinner or bring him leftovers. Give and take. I don't expect a promotion because I am a woman, I expect it because I work hard. I don't expect a good life because I have boobs and a vagina, I improve my life by working 75 hours a week for two full time jobs while working out, trying to eat better, and going back to school.

All I want is equality. I am disappointed by those who act and believe in the way that you implied feminism is.

The fallacy in your statement is the fact that is emphasizes one aspect of feminism and makes it the whole
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options

I acknowledge that you and those of your ilk are detrimental to society. Does that count?

I don't think you understand the machinations of a free nation under capitalism and the motivations implied therein.

Mustache fuzz-bottom swizzle stick apple core. Surely whizbang tremulous incredulity? Wheretofor unbeknownst to those notwithstanding this, they assuredly were heretofore unblemished in their cognizance.
    I dont know what you just said (being Im a dumb burger lovin, midwestern hick)... but I love your shirt :love:
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think you're pointing right at the issue without realizing it.

That hamburger is an object. It is one dimensional.

Women are subjects. When you compare the images in the media with images of real women, you're treating them as objects or one-dimensional things. The thing that makes the "real woman" beautiful isn't that she's more aesthetically pleasing, it's that she's not an object. The "real woman" is a subject with a multi-dimesional personality and life. Her looks reflect the life she's lived and her experiences.

The hamburger exists for your pleasure and enjoyment. The woman belongs to herself and her appearance is not for you.

Bing, bing, bing, hits it out of the park!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Equality for men: women = to men
    Equality for women: women > than men

sorry, babe... but in your case... I think you'd be hard pressed to find many here that are your equal or less.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

1993g6qy7e2l8png.png
  • nutellabrah
    Options

yes... yes indeed.

us weak females need you big strong manly men to protect us and save us and kill our spiders. but only if you are ripped and have sexy bodies. Because that is the only way we can know that you are happy and fulfilled.

All funning aside... I like being strong, powerful, self-sufficient.. because then I can pick the man I want to be with for the man he is, and not for what he can provide for me. I am with who I am with because I WANT to be. Not because I HAVE to be.

Which is why you are more likely to be divorced, men want to be needed. If you makes us feel insecure we will divorce your *kitten*.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

yes... yes indeed.

Which is why you are more likely to be divorced, men want to be needed. If you makes us feel insecure we will divorce your *kitten*.

HAHAHA... you'd be doing your woman a favor.
    :flowerforyou:
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    As a woman, and a feminist, I get really pissed when people compare other peoples bodies and say that x is not attractive as y.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I acknowledge that you and those of your ilk are detrimental to society. Does that count?

I don't think you understand the machinations of a free nation under capitalism and the motivations implied therein.

Mustache fuzz-bottom swizzle stick apple core. Surely whizbang tremulous incredulity? Wheretofor unbeknownst to those notwithstanding this, they assuredly were heretofore unblemished in their cognizance.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Gah! MUST.........NOT...........FEED..................TROLLLLLLLLL!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

yes... yes indeed.

Which is why you are more likely to be divorced, men want to be needed. If you makes us feel insecure you will divorce my *kitten*.

Fify
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options

It's not a woman's job to make a man feel secure in himself. Isn't that what an intelligent male such as yourself should be capable of doing on your own?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

yes... yes indeed.

Wow. You make men seem really pathetic.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

yes... yes indeed.

Who said that she wants to get married? I don't.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

:love:
This discussion has been closed.