Options
    Balsamic crockpot chicken

4 chicken breasts
    3/4 cup olive oil
    3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup of maple syrup (for sweetness)
    3 cloves of garlic
    diced onion and basil
    Combine and cook on low for 6 hours....amazing!!!!

This sounds so good! I think I'll make it tomorrow.
    Olive oil, balsamic, maple, garlic and basil sounds amazing. However, I question adding 3/4 cup of olive oil. That's an awful lot. Calories aside, wouldn't the chicken end up really, really greasy?
  • sammysaysno
    Options
    I am a new bride and wanted to surprise my husband with dinner. So I gathered all the ingredients for pot roast and put them in
    the crockpot not realizing I was missing the insert. Is the insert necessary for sucessful roast? I put all in the silver part on bottom and put it on low for 4 hours. It was a little off , husband not speaking to me. Please advise.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    need to check this later :)
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I just found a recipes for shredded chicken wraps.

Put thawed chicken breasts in the crockpot and cover with salsa. It says to add taco seasoning but I tried fajhita seasoning also and it tasted great. Cook on low for 6 hours and you should be able to shred the chicken. Serve on tortillas with whatever you like.

I have a similar one that you can do with chicken breasts or pork. Throw FROZEN chicken breasts (6-8) in the crockpot, cover with a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies and a 12-16 oz jar of salsa verde (I like Herdez). Cook on low for 8 hours and shred before serving. I use it instead of taco meat. So good and you can use the left-over stock to make tortilla soup! Super tasty, versatile, and low fat.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Another good one is creamy chicken. Ingredients: Frozen chicken breasts 6-8, a packet of dry italian dressing mix, a can of cream of chicken soup, 8 oz of low fat or fat free cream cheese.

Put frozen chicken breasts is crockpot, sprinkle with Italian dressing. Cook on low for 8 hours. 30 minutes before serving mix in soup and cream cheese and cook for another 30 minutes. You can either shred chicken breast or leave whole. Serve chicken with creamy sauce over rice or pasta with fresh steamed broccoli. Amazing and super easy dinner!
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Bump

Just googled crockpot and it turns out it is a slow cooker, got one of these.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Chipotle Chicken

2 lbs. chicken
    1can diced tomatoes
    1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
    (You can stop here, or add the following too!)
    Chopped onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste

Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred and serve with anything.

Loving these recipes!
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump! always get the slowcooker out when the weathers cold!