Food posts on FaceBook- am I being mean?

Options

Replies

• Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The occasional recipe posters, no problem. I don't do it because they're recipes full of fat and calories - no, I have self-control. I do it because it's obnoxious when it's too much. I want to see how your kids are doing, not 47 brownie recipes.

My thoughts exactly- thanks!
  • madaleingericke
    madaleingericke Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My married kids follow a paleo lifestyle. My daughter posts yummy-looking pictures on FB regularly of the dishes she prepared.
    She loves cooking. That doesn't mean I have to rush off to the kitchen to stuff myself with whatever is on hand, does it?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    on the éclair cake...you can use a canned frosting for the top if you don't want to make the glaze from scratch.

Does anyone else find it sort of funny that the thread has become exactly what the person posting it was complaining about?
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me... I am just here for the cake recipe!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the banana and blueberry bread recipe :(
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the banana and blueberry bread recipe :(

Me too!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My very sweet but morbidly obese friend who speaks out openly about how she's trying to lose weight just updated her Facebook status with a location of Chick-fil-A. *smh*
  • Athena53
    Options

Does anyone else find it sort of funny that the thread has become exactly what the person posting it was complaining about?

Yeah, and I'm busy looking up nutritional info. Will get back to you shortly! ;-)
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    I use the Facebook Purity add-on to automatically block all shared links, shared pictures, uploaded pictures, whatever, from people who endlessly spam tons of crap into my news feed every day. Installing that add-on made my life drastically better. Suddenly all I see on Facebook are the actual status updates posted by my friends and family, which are why I'm on Facebook in the first place.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    My very sweet but morbidly obese friend who speaks out openly about how she's trying to lose weight just updated her Facebook status with a location of Chick-fil-A. *smh*

What's your point? :huh:
  • patols1
    patols1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't mind at all I found 2 healthy treats for Christmas because people posted recipes. they were amazing!!! however when I share it I share it to me only so that others don't have to see it.
  • Rien5
    Rien5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's part of the reason I have pinterest. For recipes and for workout routines.
  • Athena53
    Options
    I use the Facebook Purity add-on to automatically block all shared links, shared pictures, uploaded pictures, whatever, from people who endlessly spam tons of crap into my news feed every day. Installing that add-on made my life drastically better. Suddenly all I see on Facebook are the actual status updates posted by my friends and family, which are why I'm on Facebook in the first place.

Thanks for this- will definitely check it out first thing tomorrow . Maybe it will keep me out of trouble!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Just had great leftover pizza for breakfast.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    don't make it sound like you were doing a 'public service', unless you really were being totally nice.. but yeah if you pointed their weight out and dictated to them the calorie content and fat content i'd say for sure it was kinda mean and inappropriate. unfortunately when people post stuff like that on a public forum like facebook, they open it up to stuff like that.

i honestly just ignore it unless its something useful--the other day somebody shared a casserole dish that was actually decent. i couldn't make it.

it drives me crazy that people believe 'sharing' it will SAVE the recipe. you'd be better off clicking the link and bookmarking it. i'd be more pissed at the stupidity.

honestly people who are already obese don't care that they're sharing ridiculous recipes for cronuts and ****. meh. who cares. if they want to be huge let them be huge. just click 'hide all from this poster'
  • Athena53
    Options
    don't make it sound like you were doing a 'public service', unless you really were being totally nice.. but yeah if you pointed their weight out and dictated to them the calorie content and fat content i'd say for sure it was kinda mean and inappropriate.

It was something on the order of..." Funny these recipes don't include nutritional info, but I found that this is 459 calories per serving with 45% of your daily saturated fat allowance, 91 g carbohydrates,,," I may even have added a smiley face. I NEVER refer to the shape the person is in. I don't want to make people feel bad about themselves; I had an Ex who did that so I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end. I wanted to let them know what that recipe might do to their bodies.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

hot or cold?

Cold leftover pizza for breakfast tastes the best. I didn't believe it until I tried it. I thought the friend who recommended it was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. But really it does!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    don't make it sound like you were doing a 'public service', unless you really were being totally nice.. but yeah if you pointed their weight out and dictated to them the calorie content and fat content i'd say for sure it was kinda mean and inappropriate.

It was something on the order of..." Funny these recipes don't include nutritional info, but I found that this is 459 calories per serving with 45% of your daily saturated fat allowance, 91 g carbohydrates,,," I may even have added a smiley face. I NEVER refer to the shape the person is in. I don't want to make people feel bad about themselves; I had an Ex who did that so I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end. I wanted to let them know what that recipe might do to their bodies.
    That's actually an incredibly passive aggressive way of posting, which I find highly rude and obnoxious. It's an excellent way of trying to make people feel guilty.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

hot or cold?

Cold leftover pizza for breakfast tastes the best. I didn't believe it until I tried it. I thought the friend who recommended it was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. But really it does!

YES! Cold pizza is the best! Sometimes I make and bake a pizza just to stash in the fridge for later. :drinker: