Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• timeforsomethingsweet
    Options
    LOVE seeing inspiring results like this =D congrats to all & thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • driii123
    driii123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This thread is so inspirational! You all look fantastic! I really need to start lifting.
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    Bump!
  • mummygettingfit
    mummygettingfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can keep stalking this thread!! You're all amazing!!! Well done
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Tagging the thread. Love the results!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread!!
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Bumping
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :happy:
  • Lunaluna01
    Lunaluna01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I've been thinking of getting into lifting for a while as pretty stuck and run about 4 times a week. This thread has convinced me, some absolutely amazing results, very inspirational! The book has been ordered! :smile:
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow to all the awesome results!
  • Sheeks88
    Options
    Bump
  • Lauren344
    Lauren344 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    incredible results, so inspiring
  • LauraBest2013
    LauraBest2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been incorporating weight training into my gym routine for a wee while now.
    I don't use free weights, other than when I do dumbbell bicep curls. I usually stick to the leg press, leg raises, lat pull down and chest press. It helps hugely in not only weight loss but getting a bit of definition rather than just being a skinny wee thing.
    As I've mentioned before I have just started to alter my diet to focus it more around my gym routines, and am keeping a blog to document my progress (http://laurabesto.tumblr.com/)
    I'm not really looking to gain much more muscle; more to drop my body fat but it really drives me mad when girls avoid the weights because they think they will end up huge. Unless you've got an abnormal amount of testosterone pumping through your veins and are shovelling protein shakes down your throat, you won't become a bodybuilder!
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wow! That rocks! I was sick for many years with hyperparathyroidism, and one of the worst part of it was muscle and bone pain, and muscle weakness. I had surgery in June, and I have been building up my strength the last five months or so, with an unscheduled 6 week break due to flu and bronchitis. I was working out for a year or so before surgery, but it usually took me about three days to recover. Post surgery, i found it very difficult to do lunges with a 10 lb barbell.

I do 25 minutes of cardio, stretching, followed by some machine workouts: glutes (80 lbs), leg press (195 lbs) with calf raises (140 lbs), hip adductor/abductors, lat pulldowns (60 lbs), 25 lb kettle bell swings, barbell squats on the Smith (up to 60), Bench presses on the Smith (45 lbs), oblique twists (30 lbs), medicine ball crunches , and anything else that the exercise physiologist that I work with can come up with to mix it up and make it interesting. I finish it up by doing another 26 minutes of cardio, stretching, and hit the shower. Wait a minute! I forgot the planks!

I am working on being proof that it is never too late to whip your *kitten* into shape. I'll be 63 in July.
  • LauraBest2013
    LauraBest2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am working on being proof that it is never too late to whip your *kitten* into shape. I'll be 63 in July.

Superb! I hope you begin to feel healthier and stronger :)
    My Mum is in her middle 50s and started hitting the gym a few times a week along with an exercise class after going through breast cancer treatment and she is looking fab. She can even plank for longer than me, but I'm happy to accept defeat!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Here we go...

picmonkey_image-1_zpsed31da70.jpg

FullBodyBeforeandAfter_zpsac059ce0.jpg

Those were from day one to my lowest body fat point

These are day one of weight lifting

042010_zpsd5643390.jpg

back012011_zpsfff79ec3.jpg

404.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

These are at my lowest body fat. Was focusing on fat loss.

MeandCam_zps5c85026a.jpg

FIrsttan.jpg

9weeksoutabsl.jpg

full.jpg

These are from the last 6 months. I have been doing a super slow bulk for the past 18 months

IMG_20130923_041709_178_zps9adfc0b1.jpg

IMG_20130904_171724_164_zps606adb1d.jpg

IMG_20121215_151927_984_zps46567019.jpg

IMG_20130521_060929_876_zpsd99d7017.jpg

IMG_20130407_135541_017_zps863b3a27.jpg

IMG_20130407_135651_596_zps3519b3f6.jpg

IMG_20130109_053849_039_zps0b8d21f0.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

The final pic is of my original size 13 pants behind my current size 3 jeans. BEST part...I weight only five pounds less right now. I started out at 155. My lowest was 125 on stage. I am currently 150. Lifting gets results!

Goodness the photo of the trousers really shocked me. A real push in the right direction. I've just started on my lifting journey and hope I'm that successful.
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!

SERIOUSLY!

I am sitting here looking through page upon page and, finally, I hit page 5 with the thought: why not me too?

I am uneducated in the realm of weights, so if ANYONE is willing to take me under their wing and hit me with some knowledge, send me a message, please!

I've lost most of the weight I want to (less about 20lbs or so) and I'd love to tone up.
    I work out from home.

If any one of you fit birds feel you can and WANT to mentor me, you'll be happily received!
    I'm a quick study and an eager beaver :)

JOB WELL DONE TO ALL!

JC.