what women shouldn't do on the first date...

123457»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Don't talk about your ex and dont go home with them, blokes just won't respect you.

Def. Going home with your ex while on a date with me is a real buzzkill.
  • I do this thing called WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT....
  • I'm tired just thinking about it. LOL!
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Don't be rude
    Don't sleep with him
    Don't talk about your ex
    Don't assault him with contact the few days after
    agreed if you are under 20. If you are older and know there is chemistry, sex on the 1st date isn't always a bad thing.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Bring your kids if you haven't told the guy about them first. So rude. My mother used to do this... It was awkward as hell for my sister and I.

Big no no.
    Haha, pretty sure way to ensure no second date!
  • Was in to learn a little as I am recently on the dating scene....after reading this....

:sad: :noway: fu*k dating I will become a nun....*kitten* can you say fu*k if you are a nun?

Seriously though I have been just being myself, and trying my best to relax and enjoy his company. I do get nervous and say off the wall things but I have been trying to play it off. I suck at clothes stuff and since I have lost the first chunk of my weight I am getting more into style but I just wear what I think I look pretty in, dunno if that's wrong or you are supposed to wear certain things to certain places but oh well. My parents taught me how to be respectful and ladylike when meeting any new person and I suppose that would include dates as well. Once again not sure if I am doing it "right" lol especially since I am still single but I guess it will do for now. :blushing:

Sounds like you are doing it perfectly to me!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
    How do we destroy it?

By talking for two straight hours about every aspect of your life and never asking a single question about mine.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Speak. I hear men hate it when women say things. :smile:
  • Beastmaster50
    hey babe ;)
  • NO sex on the first date, unless you're a hooker or want to look like one. Have some class, get to know the guy and devellop a relationship of some sort with him first.

So if I pay for dinner then have sex, does that make him the hooker? If he's willing to have sex on the first date isn't he just as trashy? Why is the woman always demonized for doing the same thing the man is doing?

No, it means you overpaid.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    expect the guy to pay...

Because nothing's classier than a guy asking a woman out for a first date and then expecting to divvy things up when the check comes.

it's 2014. lots of women have jobs now, so i hear. some even drive.

the guy didn't say "go halvsies." he said "expect the guy to pay." so ladies, offer to pay. offer. do you know how awesome that is for us when you even just offer to pay??

but you know, if the girl insists on buying expensive food and drinks or whatever, she should definitely throw down some cash. like a whole "let me get this round" is really really nice.

Also, I'll add that if you're going to order the most expensive thing on the menu how about taking more than 2 bites of it?
  • Beastmaster50
    Ever notice that women who claim to be "classy" usually are single? Confidence is much sexier than classy.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Just be yourself. If the evening goes well and the opportunity is there and YOU want to have sex, do it. Why do we act like women don't like sex? We all know they do.

I always pay for the first date, but that is just my thing and I don't expect anything in return.

PS I agree that blowing the waiter is probably not going to get you a second date.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Don't hold your farts in
  • manikochar
    manikochar Posts: 211 Member
    strap on!
  • Ohhh to go on an actual date again.. lol
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    hey babe ;)

:smile:
  • Be anything but herself.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    What this thread evolved into, is why I don't date.

I'm not one for rules and games.