Gif of me balancing a barbell while squatting no hands!

Options

Replies

• nutellabrah
    Options
    People are so friendly on this site lol.

Volunteer for the enchanted forest?

Sounds perfect.

Lol I don't think she's ready for the enchanted forest lmao

Doesn't realize what she's getting herself into...
  • boxpunk
    boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's cool and all but I don't get the point of it.

Think I need to add to this. It's cool cause it's something I can't do, nor would I ever want to, but reading the posts, which have made me laugh, the OP is making himself out to be a vain douche nozzle. You're not by chance one of those guys that Kisses your muscles in the mirror are you?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Dear bb.com,

We at MFP would greatly appreciate it if you would consider lifting the ban on Nutellabrah.

Thank you for your time,

Cranquistador
    I'm thinking he should post this gif on GETBIG.COM. I'd like to hear the feedback from my iron bros there on this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    People are so friendly on this site lol.

I guess you're into men that slander and put down women

Just lost a point.

Never put down women.

Feminism =\= All females

You can keep your "point". Not into that.

I guess you probably don't want to know the score then...
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Stuart?? Stuart is that you?!?!

look-what-i-can-do-o.gif

tumblr_m94zvhAa1J1qa4iewo1_500.gif
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    sweet
  • Onderwoman
    Options
    I guess Bruce Lee wasn't impressive neither because he only weighed 130lbs.

Now Stewart, you know mommy doesn't like it when you play with your goo-goo, hands off the danger zone!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Dear bb.com,

We at MFP would greatly appreciate it if you would consider lifting the ban on Nutellabrah.

Thank you for your time,

Cranquistador

I dunno he's kinda growing on me. He has a pretty nuanced albeit fairly obvious style of trolling and people dumb enough not to see that he's a troll deserve to get trolled.

this and this, apart from he's not growing on me. But he is very good at trolling.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Stuart?? Stuart is that you?!?!

look-what-i-can-do-o.gif

tumblr_m94zvhAa1J1qa4iewo1_500.gif

HAHAHAHAH!!! Now I have Stuart's voice in my head. "watch what I can do! hehehehe!"

hahahaha great gifs
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I guess Bruce Lee wasn't impressive neither because he only weighed 130lbs.

Now Stewart, you know mommy doesn't like it when you play with your goo-goo, hands off the danger zone!

Hah! I loved that episode with Stuart in the pet store! Yes Stewie's got to be playing with his goo goo now if he's comparing himself to Bruce Lee too :D

Pet store episode :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnwzRAw7HnM
  • neandermagnon
    Options

Why are we supposed to be impressed if that is a light weight for you?

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive for how much I weigh at 153 right now.

I mean look at the smoothness. The amount of time spent comfortably in the pocket.

When I raised up it was like I was standing up from a chair effortlessly about to take a walk in the park.

And if you look at the other guy who was doing heavier weight, he actually didn't rack and unrack with no hands, I did it all with no hands. Practically almost my body weight, paused ATG squat. Notice also the fat guy didn't pause, he droped down only for a moment and came up fast and wasn't fully in control like a ninja like how I was.

he unracked and racked 300 pounds. Don't say "he's fat" again, the amount of weight you can lift is not a proportionate ratio to how heavy you are.

Yes it is because weather your ecto, messo, or endo, you have certain mechanical advantages. The strength doesn't come from a pure place like muscle, it comes from the mechanical logistics of how thick your body is. If you're built like an OAK and super solid, just your natural ability to press and pull heavier weight is by default at a more solid core of density of body, chest, back, arms, legs.

So yeah, its not impressive. Id expect a guy who is that husky (better?) to be able to do that.

I would not expect someone of my weight and height to do what I can do. (Not to mention handstand pushups, backflips, grab rim and almost dunk at under 6" etc...)

Its honestly pretty impressive to do what I did in the gif with such smoothness. I could probably do the same with 225 too if we are starting to get competitive.

you remind me of that guy who came here who insisted that he should be allowed to deadlift on blocks because he was tall and skinny, and shorter people have a mechanical advantage, and he posted pics of himself deadlifting. That and him constantly blowing his own trumpet and posting videos of himself to try to prove that he's really as amazing as he thinks he is. On this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/545499-how-much-are-you-deadlifting

maybe that is you, just that your trolling skills are now more subtle and refined.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Neandermagnon- that guys deadlifting form was the worst. People were far too kind to him with their soft critiques. His YouTube vids made my back hurt just watching them.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif
  • RECowgill
    Options
    To the OP-

I'm sure you're impressed with yourself but this doesn't seem that challenging. It ends up being odd more than anything because of how you dressed. Why a bathrobe? To make this easy, here are some key takeaways:

1. Hands or not, squat more than 135 next time. This is a warmup weight for experienced squatters, so you're not going to impress the internet this way. Doesn't matter what your bodyweight is. Hands or no hands.

2. The Back squat makes this too simple. You lean your head way forward as you do and you get that divot between your neck and upper back/traps to rest the bar on comfortably. Next time do a front squat instead. And do it at 225, hands free. Any front squatter worth his salt can do a front squat hands free at the bar weight, that's easy. Doing it at 135, good but not great. At 225, now we're talking about some skill and control. That's worth a jumping karate chop.

3. Wear normal gym clothes. You draw attention to odd clothing choices, it's like wearing a miniskirt or bozo outfit. Maybe you can figure out how a strange clothing choice should be part of the act. I dunno. All it does is make everyone wonder what we're watching.

4. There must be a better way to draw attention to yourself. But this one starts with 1 and 2, do something more impressive to experienced lifters.

For my own part I'm no experienced squatter and I don't claim to be. I'm very subpar at it in fact. But I've seen and know enough to know this isn't worth calling attention to. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Neandermagnon- that guys deadlifting form was the worst. People were far too kind to him with their soft critiques. His YouTube vids made my back hurt just watching them.

yeah.... that guy was unbelievable on so many levels....!! I don't think he was open to accept any kind of criticism though, harsh or soft.
  • RECowgill
    Options

yeah.... that guy was unbelievable on so many levels....!! I don't think he was open to accept any kind of criticism though, harsh or soft.

It wasn't even deadlifting... He straps on a belt then does some kind of good morning/bent over row hybrid with bad form. Completely laughable. And painful to watch.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Oh this whole post has made my day (although it is only 10am). If I lose my job for spending 1/2 hour laughing at the comments it will still have been worth it :laugh:
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the entertainment, OP. You're quite the chode! :laugh: