I miss food

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    I miss...chips and salsa. Chips and Guac. F lamming Cheetos. More than one dinky ounce of cheese. Potatoes with cheese and salsa and onions and peppers..a whole baked one. Ice cream. Cashews. Damn I really miss cashews. Nuts. Peanut butter. One spoon is pathetic. Hummus. Chick Peas out of the can. Cheese enchilada. Eggplant Parm. Garlic bread with cheese. Eggs with cheese, peppers, onions, diced potatoes and salsa scrambled. Hash browns.
    Then you're doing it wrong. Because eventually you'll probably give in to these and that's when weight regain happens. I eat ALL of the above (well except for the hummus) on a regular basis while pretty much staying within my "good" weight (180-190lbs) for most of the year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Try PB2 for your peanut butter.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    yep. That's how my mom does it. If you like eating it. DO NOT EAT IT. My parents simply never buy chips, sweets, cheese, nuts, etc. My dad jokes that they live on baked fish, kale and dust. My mom says you loose the cravings completely after 6-9 months if you never give in.
    Is your mother a good example of health? Exercises, eats right, gets enough sleep, etc.?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Too high in calories. I want to eat more than one time a day, and my exercise burns are too low on weekdays. Eating those knocks me over my calorie limit .

^ Same. If I had to eat what I feel like eating in the amounts I feel I need, I would be exceeding my intake everyday. And I know it because I've just done it during Christmas time. The concept of "moderation" is way too flexible. If I ate the recommended servings I would probably be moderate and still lose weight, but this isn't enough to make me feel full or satisfied.
    I must say I'm also not one of those who feel satisfied with smaller portions of treats, so I can't include them in my everyday meals.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    *blink blink*

It's like anything, portion control.

And, yeah, it's sad to be you if you can't figure it out.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This whole thread makes me sad. :sad: :cry:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You have a very distorted idea of weight loss and maintenance, and you're setting yourself up to fail.

Also I don't get this. What's weightloss and maintenance then?
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Crap now I have to give up my baked potato with greek style sour cream and salsa on it that I have almost daily :grumble:

Oh and my newly discovered snack of Diamond Caramel Mocchiato almonds and my quest bars oh crap I will just go live on dust then :angry:

Oh wait Im already maintaining and lost (see below) eating all the things above and pizza, cake, ice cream and more so so so muc more :happy:
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    GL. HF. DD.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This whole thread just makes me sad...so much unnecessary food avoidance and such unwillingness to even attempt to learn portion control and moderation...yes...these things are learned. I foresee tough sledding in the future...especially maintenance.

Dr.-Who.gif
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    This whole thread just makes me sad...so much unnecessary food avoidance and such unwillingness to even attempt to learn portion control and moderation...yes...these things are learned. I foresee tough sledding in the future...especially maintenance.

Dr.-Who.gif

Definitely this. Including the gif.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

I'm convinced people avoid foods just so they can say they a suffering and too show how hard their diet is. In reality it needn't be. It's a bit of one upmanship. I lost this weight by eating balsa wood it was so hard. then someone will say I lost weight by ingesting tape worms see how hard I had it. Then when they cant keep up permanently they put all the weight back on and can start the cycle again

It's the same mindeset that lead people to try and make losing weight so complicated by other methods. So sad really. Anyway I'm going to go off and eat my Stirfry and enjoy my pudding baked bananas with Chocolate sauce and Ice cream
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    OP, get thee to a counselor and a dietician. You don't have a healthy relationship with food or your family, and things are only going to keep being utterly miserable if you don't find balance and a little more love for yourself. Life (and food, being that it's a part of life) is for enjoying!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I JUST HAD SOME YUMMY PEANUT M&M'S AND THEY WERE SOOOOOO YUMMY.

Yes, they fit in my calories for today. Yes, I can eat candy and lose weight.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If I ate the recommended servings I would probably be moderate and still lose weight, but this isn't enough to make me feel full or satisfied.
    I must say I'm also not one of those who feel satisfied with smaller portions of treats, so I can't include them in my everyday meals.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This whole thread makes me sad. :sad: :cry:

I agree...*eats chocolate to feel better*
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You have a very distorted idea of weight loss and maintenance, and you're setting yourself up to fail.

Also I don't get this. What's weightloss and maintenance then?

Weight loss distortion = thinking you have to only eat certain foods to lose weight and can't lose weight eating things you enjoy.

Maintenance = thinking a.) you can eat the things you want once you reach your goal weight (and often binging since moderation was never learned) or b.) that you'll never, ever eat the things like you like ever again.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Cue violins. :sad: :brokenheart:
  • hugsfordavid
    Options
    I love to eat....which would probably explain why I'm on here :)
    I'm learning if I dont' eat it, I will eat about everything else & be back at step one.

My biggest love is ice cream & chocolate drizzle....I wanted it..so I found a way to make it happen.
    Low fat ice cream & 0 calorie chocolate drizzle.

Be creative. Find a way to eat wht you want without eating insane amounts of calories.

I hope this site helps with some of your wants: www.waldenfarms.com

They have a lot of affordable 0 calorie products...including some low fat peanut butter :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    If I ate the recommended servings I would probably be moderate and still lose weight, but this isn't enough to make me feel full or satisfied.

What do you mean by "satisfied"? Do you mean feeling full? If that's the case, obviously aim to fill the rest of your calories surrounding a treat with filling ones: protein, fat, fiber.