tattoo argument with spouse

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand that if I were to use "smaller" words it would be 3 times the length of paragraphs that it already is.

Then you need to go take a writing class because you are lousy at it.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well spouses sure have the right to say something about tattoos, I think!

I think tattoos age badly especially on women. So that's my opinion.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    lol so supposedly:::

the bitter, brittle, self-centered, insecure women get all the action.

And me the passionate 10/10 fitness model with a degree and fame status never gets any girls... Okkkkayyyy....

And big words are bad, snark wins. Lol at refusing to debate about concepts I got straight out of sociology books in college.

Just because you may have gotten a 10/10 would bang on the rate me threads, does not mean that you are 10/10.
    Your consistent need to share how brilliant, wonderful, and amazingly intellectual you are, truly does highlight your insecurity.

You define narcissist.

And while you may feel intellectually justified in name calling... all of the "bitter, brittle, self-centered women" on here do seem to have one thing in common... they all think you do a discredit to your gender, and you are woefully mistaken when it comes to love.

I hope, for your sake, that you are just attempting to play troll games... but if you are indeed serious in all your posturing... I truly pity you.

I just hope you aren't nearly as bad as you portray yourself... because you appear to be quite the psychopath.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    You certainly can do what you want. But it sounds like it will make you less attractive to your husband. You can judge that all you want, but that seems to be the fact of the matter, maybe think about that. Nobody really HAS to get a tattoo, yup its your body, your life, and you can put up all the "he has to respect me for me" statements but it doesn't change the fact it changes people's thinking about you, no matter what you think they *should* think.

Some people think tattoos do make you a "lower" person.

Some feel they make the person seem sleazy, unprofessional and easy.

Some feel they show some kind of strength.

Some feel they show weakness of character, mind and body.

They do show something about a person even to you or you wouldn't get one, right...?

You can like or dislike it, it doesn't matter, should/would/could, whatever, but people will judge you for it, many without thinking, some not even knowing how it changes how they feel. And there are risks. You can be like Cartman and do whatcha want though :)

Please don't speak reason with them.

They will never understand.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

And me the passionate 10/10 fitness model with a degree and fame status never gets any girls... Okkkkayyyy....

And big words are bad, snark wins. Lol at refusing to debate about concepts I got straight out of sociology books in college.
    Big words are fine when you use them correctly.

However, there is a well-known saying about people who use them.

I'm really not concerned about the amount of action I get. You seem to be, though.

Also, I am a purple unicorn. I said so on the Internet. It must be true.

I don't think you understand that if I were to use "smaller" words it would be 3 times the length of paragraphs that it already is.

I merely use the more loaded words so as to condense my statements in a way that lets you read it and comprehend the totality of what I am trying to express in a concise way.

When it is more efficient to use small words I absolutely do that.

load·ed[ lṓdəd ]1.with full load: carrying a full load
    2.containing ammunition: containing bullets or other ammunition and ready to fire
    3.with hidden implication: having a hidden or secondary implication designed to trick somebody into making an admission or commitment
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    there is so much wrong with here it isn't funny- but you are trying way to hard.

seriously.

way.
    to.
    hard.

Like what? lol. Have you been reading the whole thread? or just this paragraph out of context.

Im not sure many of you have the comprehensive abilities to remember what we were even talking about a couple pages ago and how it all ties in.

lol I guess you got bored when you realize you cannot defeat my logic with snark...

Nope- I have read all of your drivel. You clearly have a dictionary and a thesaurus next to you as you type this crap up.

I have a better education as an engineer from one of the country's top military colleges- trust me- I have excellent cognitive and comprehensive abilities- hence my ability to derive from your nonsense you are are completely incompetent and have NO clue what you are talking about.

You are trying to use big words to talk circles around people- and the jokes on you- because you really just sound ridiculously uneducated and completely desperate.

Any self respecting woman wouldn't cow to you. sorry- not sorry.

You are the kind of guy I would give two looks to at a bar because you clearly work on your body (worth noting) but then bury you because you couldn't keep up with me. shrug- it is what it is. don't' be mad son.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

What's "fame status"? You are saying you are famous? How so?
  • TheKea
    TheKea Posts: 13
    Options
    Tattoos are life changing! I got my first the day before I turned 18, the next day I could legally vote, boom CHANGE! I got two more at 23, including a huge one on my back and oh boy, I've had a lot of changes since then: I got married, had kids, my butt got bigger, bought a house, got some pets, studied biology, etc, etc. I'm 29 now, and you know, it think it's time for some more 'change' (read: tattoos, more tattoos).

(because forums are notoriously full of people without a humour gland, I'm just adding the note here, that I'm kidding, tattoos are not life-changing.)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    Listen to your husband and hopefully he will be your only one.

She said "listen" not "do exactly what he says".
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is failing to recognize what is happening here. Nutella fella is a troll, nothing he says is real life. He seeks negative attention because as I stated earlier he has the same mentality of my 6 year old child. (Feels sad and insignificant because he isn't the center of attention so he seeks out negative attention) The more we engage him, the more he wins (because that is how 6 year olds define winning). If we all ignore him and do not engage in his shenannigans maybe, just maybe he will go away. Just a thought.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Big words are fine when you use them correctly.

However, there is a well-known saying about people who use them.

I'm really not concerned about the amount of action I get. You seem to be, though.

Also, I am a purple unicorn. I said so on the Internet. It must be true.

I merely use the more loaded words so as to condense my statements in a way that lets you read it and comprehend the totality of what I am trying to express in a concise way.

When it is more efficient to use small words I absolutely do that.

No, you purely use voluminous words so as to betide as someone who is decidedly scholarly when in reality you subsequently transverse as a muttonhead.

(See? I can use a thesaurus too to find big words and make about as much sense as you do!)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    I think everyone is failing to recognize what is happening here. Nutella fella is a troll, nothing he says is real life. He seeks negative attention because as I stated earlier he has the same mentality of my 6 year old child. (Feels sad and insignificant because he isn't the center of attention so he seeks out negative attention) The more we engage him, the more he wins (because that is how 6 year olds define winning). If we all ignore him and do not engage in his shenannigans maybe, just maybe he will go away. Just a thought.

Sometimes I get bored at work....
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    I got my first tattoo at age 45 on my neck. You can only see it if my hair is up. My boyfriend was against it but now that it's done, he thinks it's sexy :wink:
  • rml_16
    Options
    We all recognize what he is.

If you read up a bit we discussed whether we should ignore him or play with him. I'm waiting for people at work to get things together and in the meantime, I'm bored and this passes the time.

I'm terribly amused. I take none of this seriously.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

If you read up a bit we discussed whether we should ignore him or play with him. I'm waiting for people at work to get things together and in the meantime, I'm bored and this passes the time.

Yes, myself as well, I have a meeting at 1:30 and it's only 10 after now so I'm passing the time.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

I have taken on an extremely boring task so this is keeping me awake and entertained.
  • hexabella
    hexabella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been getting tattoos since I was 19, and will be getting my next one down my hip as soon as I hit my weight goal.

1) I dare any man woman or child to judge me for how I decorate my body, which is my temple.. and temples have art. I'm already a pagan, so what else can they say about me?
    2) Don't listen to what your husband has to say, because you only have one life and you'd better live it!
    3) Tattoos are more of the norm now. I'm a librarian at a university and I have one large tattoo on my forearm. My boss is always asking what I'm thinking about getting next.

The problem with society is just because they don't want or don't believe in something, they think that everyone else should follow their lead.. which just isn't true at all.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

What's "fame status"? You are saying you are famous? How so?

This may answer your question.

americanpsychoraincoatdance.gif
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I've been getting tattoos since I was 19, and will be getting my next one down my hip as soon as I hit my weight goal.

1) I dare any man woman or child to judge me for how I decorate my body, which is my temple.. and temples have art. I'm already a pagan, so what else can they say about me?
    2) Don't listen to what your husband has to say, because you only have one life and you'd better live it!
    3) Tattoos are more of the norm now. I'm a librarian at a university and I have one large tattoo on my forearm. My boss is always asking what I'm thinking about getting next.

The problem with society is just because they don't want or don't believe in something, they think that everyone else should follow their lead.. which just isn't true at all.

yeah have an awesome life.

feeding-130-cats-o.gif
  • rml_16
    Options

yeah have an awesome life.

feeding-130-cats-o.gif
    I personally would rather live the rest of my life with 100 cats than spend one dreary second in your company.