What should I get my GF for Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• nutellabrah
    Options
    All that stuff won't get her turned on, it'll have the opposite effect. You're buying her crap she doesn't need in exchange for sex.

Instead, lead her someplace fun and make a good memory.

So making a woman laugh is not a good thing?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    All that stuff won't get her turned on, it'll have the opposite effect. You're buying her crap she doesn't need in exchange for sex.

That won't make her laugh... she'll say "How could you spend money on this nonsense?? Are you nuts?"
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

nope, the way to a woman's hoo ha is through your wallet...
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Make her something. Instead of buying cheap plastic crap which she will feel obligated to keep (and which will clutter up her life), make her something she will actually want to keep. Or make her dinner, take her somewhere that is memorable to the both of you and that meant something to your relationship. Spend quality time with her. Unless she is vapid and insecure....then go with your plan.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i never understood why guys give stuffed animals for V-day unless they're dating a 14 year old.

i agree with leading muscle, buying candy and flowers is pretty uninspired. for the same amount of money, why not take her to a comedy show, or take a dancing class and later go dancing, or a cooking class and cook a fab dinner for her?
  • nutellabrah
    Options

That won't make her laugh... she'll say "How could you spend money on this nonsense?? Are you nuts?"

ummmm do you get my joke though? Get it? Its like a caricature of V-Day gifts. The more cliche my arsenal the more funny it will be. Then later on the phone with her friends she's like "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Also we are not married, money is not a factor.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Fluffy, white, bathrobe.
  • Mother_Superior
    Options
    Karate lessons.
  • Mother_Superior
    Options
    A book called "Unconventional Squatting".
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Omg lol ^.

:laugh:
  • Mother_Superior
    Options
    Another book about making a great impression on people.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options

nope, the way to a woman's hoo ha is through your wallet...

ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. (Unless you only deal with hookers). If you think that, I feel very sorry for you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Wait. Hold up.

You have a girlfriend?
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I know Valentine's Day is supposed to be the day for roses, but you will get a ton more flowers if you go with something other than roses. Some women love them, but I'm not one of them.......you could possibly get several bouquets of fresh flowers for what you'd spend on a dozen roses, which could make your floral presentation look more over the top like you were suggesting.

Also, I agree with the multitude of post-it notes, especially if they're in different shapes, sizes, and colors. You could do loads of them with messages or even just one letter on each note. Yes, it's a waste of money, but it will take some time to do all that and that would make an impression on her.

Good luck.....hope she likes what you have in store! :-)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Again, the point is for it too look suuuuper cluttered when she first sees me.

Then we will have dinner at some unique fancy greek restaurant with live music and belly dancing and all that.

thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-gif.gif
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    OP,
    I think your idea is adorable. Just make sure it's stuff that she can use/actually keep. :)
  • MelsAuntie
    Options

ummmm do you get my joke though? Get it? Its like a caricature of V-Day gifts. The more cliche my arsenal the more funny it will be. Then later on the phone with her friends she's like "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Also we are not married, money is not a factor.

I don't see anything funny about that. Maybe you have to be really young, but I'd expect her to say something more like " Oh god, guess what lame **** my BF did for Valentine's day, what a loser!"
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I know Valentine's Day is supposed to be the day for roses, but you will get a ton more flowers if you go with something other than roses. Some women love them, but I'm not one of them.......you could possibly get several bouquets of fresh flowers for what you'd spend on a dozen roses, which could make your floral presentation look more over the top like you were suggesting.

Also, I agree with the multitude of post-it notes, especially if they're in different shapes, sizes, and colors. You could do loads of them with messages or even just one letter on each note. Yes, it's a waste of money, but it will take some time to do all that and that would make an impression on her.

Good luck.....hope she likes what you have in store! :-)

Great point about the filler flowers. Actually I could swing both. The roses just for the "thats what you're supposed to give on V-day right?" factor and then a few bouquets of fresh flowers to add bulk to the whole thing lmao.

awesome.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Should probably dump her. It will be the gift that keeps on giving.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Make sure at least one of the stuffed animals is some kind of cheesy singing thing. Giant heart pillow?