What should I get my GF for Valentines Day?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Dinner at chuck-e-cheese?

whale whale whale, what do we have here?

Why don't you tell me.

Apparently, we have a WHALE here...

Nothing gets by you, does it?
  • vinniesooner
    vinniesooner Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    HILARIOUS!
    A new Trapper Keeper.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I think your intentions are marvellously romantic.

I think you know her better than any of us here ... so your instincts know best, I think you should follow your heart.

She is lucky to have you :smile:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

whale whale whale, what do we have here?

Why don't you tell me.

Apparently, we have a WHALE here...

Nothing gets by you, does it?

Not a chance...I may be blonde, but I'm a smart cookie :tongue: Plus, grammar and all.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Umm, my guess is there won't be an LOLOLOLOLOL after her comment and it will be a bit more scathing and to the tune of "Guess what my &*$(@*%&#*& a-hole boyfriend did for Valentines day.":explode: :mad:

I never was much into the whole day anyway but if a guy I was dating came over with a car full of cheesy stuffed animals, some thoughtless chocolates and other dumb trinkets thinking it was funny I would fail to see the joke in it and would assume that he thinks our entire relationship is just one big stupid joke.

What's wrong with being a man and getting her a nice bouquet of flowers and taking her out to a nice dinner? Why try and make a "joke" out of something that she's probably taking seriously?

Exactly. Especially considering the fact that she's 18 and still in high school. Girls this age go nuts for Valentine's day. She most definitely won't be bragging to her friends about stuffed animals and and other joke gifts. She is expecting something cute and romantic like flowers, Edible arrangements, a necklace, bracelet, or earrings followed by dinner.

Hahahahaha, perfect idea!

Make sure she gets home by 10, though. Don't want to keep Mom and Dad up waiting.
  • sleepykittykat
    sleepykittykat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    when you get to the door you should totally have a rose in your mouth. Would be funny
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You said box of chocolates.. I know Walmart has like HUGE obnoxiously big boxes of heart shaped chocolates for pretty cheap. One of those would be good for taking up space
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    No stuffed animals! UGH! She is not a child!

Um, actually she kinda is. She's 18.
  • BreatheAshley
    BreatheAshley Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can never go wrong with chocolate covered strawberries.
  • BreatheAshley
    BreatheAshley Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    when you get to the door you should totally have a rose in your mouth. Would be funny

Haha yes! Do it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Damn. I missed a Nutella post? AND he has a friend? Hrmmm. I think I have actual work to do today....

But LOL at women peaking at 22.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    vibrator.gif
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    A tub of protein powder.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I think your intentions are marvellously romantic.

I think you know her better than any of us here ... so your instincts know best, I think you should follow your heart.

She is lucky to have you :smile:
    This is what I thought (hence I gave some ideas) until he started talking about what she is actually like and what she has said she wanted for valentines. Sounds like she will actually HATE it LOL
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    vibrator.gif

Is that a vibrator??
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    In, just in, I could use a good laugh today. Why do I suddenly feel so dirty?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Allegorically the humor is similar to that one time when I went on a double date to the movies with a girl and after we parked I was like "ill catch up with you guys in a sec" and I put on like 15 sprays of cologne and then we went to the movies and supposedly I was like the affable dopey overly trying to impress her but failing in a cute way kind of guy for a moment.

Its kind of the same with this where I supposedly fail, but in a cute way with all those excess cliche gifts. But in the end its just supposed to come off as flattering.

But wait, isn't "failing" very "beta"? You are going to act "beta" to get sympathy and pity attention from the girl? Doesn't that go against all your "alpha" philosophies? She's supposed to be attracted to your extreme narcissism. Why don't you just buy her a single rose and ask what she's cooking you for dinner?
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    "OMG guess what my boyfriend did for Valentines day loool"

Umm, my guess is there won't be an LOLOLOLOLOL after her comment and it will be a bit more scathing and to the tune of "Guess what my &*$(@*%&#*& a-hole boyfriend did for Valentines day.":explode: :mad:

I never was much into the whole day anyway but if a guy I was dating came over with a car full of cheesy stuffed animals, some thoughtless chocolates and other dumb trinkets thinking it was funny I would fail to see the joke in it and would assume that he thinks our entire relationship is just one big stupid joke.

What's wrong with being a man and getting her a nice bouquet of flowers and taking her out to a nice dinner? Why try and make a "joke" out of something that she's probably taking seriously?

Exactly. Especially considering the fact that she's 18 and still in high school. Girls this age go nuts for Valentine's day. She most definitely won't be bragging to her friends about stuffed animals and and other joke gifts. She is expecting something cute and romantic like flowers, Edible arrangements, a necklace, bracelet, or earrings followed by dinner.

Well a necklace, bracelet, or earrings is too far and too serious. Like I said before she is kinda shy about it and doesn't want it to be to high pressure or formal. Same with the food I would "lick off her body" its too presumptuous and sexual pressure.

The whole thing actually required the lighthearted vibe. Its not a matter of making a mockery of the holiday or our love. Its a matter of easing the tension while still making it memorable and an indicator of how much I care in hindsight.

So I am simultaneously deflating any awkward tension while also demonstrating how much she really means to me.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Good one! I will try this out in the mirror.

Gotta be careful to brush the thorns off first. Ill see how it looks though!