How do you keep your food intake "Clean"?

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    I try and follow as close to Paleo nutrition as possible = try and eat as little or no processed food as possible. Paleo = if a caveman was alive how or what would he eat. No grocery store bag food etc. I too have had great success with this down 40 pounds and 25 inches. I also watch my carb intake, but with working out we still need 150g minimum or so porbably more for a guy. Good Luck on continued sucess!!! You got this! Read the websit "Mark's Daily Apple".

Sandy
    LOL.

If a caveman was alive today, what would he eat? Other than whatever grass he could pull out of your front lawn, leaves from any trees, fruits, berries, and nuts, he'd slaughter the closest animal he could kill, then eat it raw, meat, bone marrow, brain, kidneys, liver, intestines, stomach, all of it.

Have fun "eating like a caveman."
  • saradord
    saradord Posts: 129
    hah you make me laugh , hahahahahahahhahah soo funny k i'm gonna stick to eating healthy thanx

I am too. Probably going to hit McDonald's later.
    [/quote
    Enjoy!!!
  • It's a touchy subject because people say stupid stuff like "clean food rev's up my metabolism." Which is blatantly false.

Half of what people assert here about their particular way of eating is false. Look at all the people who asserted that if you could stay within your calories, you could eat at McDonalds every day and it would be healthy. Neither statement is true or untrue because of the food being touted, but because people overgeneralize things and drawing broad brush conclusions.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    It's a touchy subject because people say stupid stuff like "clean food rev's up my metabolism." Which is blatantly false.

Half of what people assert here about their particular way of eating is false.

Indeed. Perhaps that has something to do with why I have almost 9000 posts :laugh:
    Look at all the people who asserted that if you could stay within your calories, you could eat at McDonalds every day and it would be healthy. Neither statement is true or untrue because of the food being touted, but because people overgeneralize things and drawing broad brush conclusions.

You can eat at McDonald's every day and it would be healthy, if the rest of your diet was up to snuff.
  • LOL.

If a caveman was alive today, what would he eat? Other than whatever grass he could pull out of your front lawn, leaves from any trees, fruits, berries, and nuts, he'd slaughter the closest animal he could kill, then eat it raw, meat, bone marrow, brain, kidneys, liver, intestines, stomach, all of it.

You do realize millions of people not on a "paleo" fad diet do just that, right? Because they eat for nourishment and cannot afford to waste food. Not everyone eats for amusement or to placeate emotional needs. some people just eat food to stay alive.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    I rather fuel my body then just feed it, when combining the right foods I get more energy and it rev's up my metabolism!!

The only thing that truly "revs" up your metabolism is exercise... This notion that you can "rev" up your metabolism with food is nonsense.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    My dinner was well dirty. That's what your mum said anyway
  • OP: "clean eating" to me, as someone else posted, is choosing food items that have a small ingredient list and items that you can pronounce. I also look for foods that have very little, if any, sugar per serving. I tend to stay away from pre-packaged food items (again with ingredients that I can't pronounce). I stick to fish, chicken breasts, pork, vegetables, lots of salads, sweet potatoes, yogurt, cottage cheese . . . things like that. I also (try) to abstain from alcohol for the most part (or imbibe on the weekends only) and I allow myself a "cheat" meal, typically on the weekend where I either choose a really good meal or dessert or both. When I get in the habit of eating this way it's easy. I'm not denying myself anything because the foods that I choose to eat are foods that I like and my "cheat" meals and alcohol that I choose to drink are more of a treat for me and it's something that I look forward to.
  • I rather fuel my body then just feed it, when combining the right foods I get more energy and it rev's up my metabolism!!

The only thing that truly "revs" up your metabolism is exercise... This notion that you can "rev" up your metabolism with food is nonsense.

Not entirely true. Lots of things will increase metabolism. Just not a boneless, skinless, chicken breast.
  • jonnythan
    I rather fuel my body then just feed it, when combining the right foods I get more energy and it rev's up my metabolism!!

Not entirely true. Lots of things will increase metabolism. Just not a boneless, skinless, chicken breast.

Oh, please tell.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    I try and follow as close to Paleo nutrition as possible = try and eat as little or no processed food as possible. Paleo = if a caveman was alive how or what would he eat. No grocery store bag food etc. I too have had great success with this down 40 pounds and 25 inches. I also watch my carb intake, but with working out we still need 150g minimum or so porbably more for a guy. Good Luck on continued sucess!!! You got this! Read the websit "Mark's Daily Apple".

Sandy
    LOL.

Well, they did have this thing called "fire"...
  • I try and follow as close to Paleo nutrition as possible = try and eat as little or no processed food as possible. Paleo = if a caveman was alive how or what would he eat. No grocery store bag food etc. I too have had great success with this down 40 pounds and 25 inches. I also watch my carb intake, but with working out we still need 150g minimum or so porbably more for a guy. Good Luck on continued sucess!!! You got this! Read the websit "Mark's Daily Apple".

Sandy
    LOL.

Newsflash: People do hunt animals and there are people who eat everything you just mentioned above. Ever hear of tripe? Sweetbreads? And yeah, some restaurants serve marrow. In fact the place I go to on Friday nights has it on the menu as an appetizer. My husband tried it. Said it was pretty tasteless.

And I like most of my meat on the extremely rare side, as in wipe it clean and toss it on the plate.

So . . . your point was what?
  • jonnythan

Sandy
    LOL.

Newsflash: People do hunt animals and there are people who eat everything you just mentioned above. Ever hear of tripe? Sweetbreads? And yeah, some restaurants serve marrow. In fact the place I go to on Friday nights has it on the menu as an appetizer. My husband tried it. Said it was pretty tasteless.

And I like most of my meat on the extremely rare side, as in wipe it clean and toss it on the plate.

So . . . your point was what?

That the "Paleo" diet plan doesn't bear much, if any, resemblance to how paleolithic man actually ate.
  • I rather fuel my body then just feed it, when combining the right foods I get more energy and it rev's up my metabolism!!

Oh, please tell.

Levothyroxine for starters.
  • jonnythan

Oh, please tell.

I thought we were talking about food, not drugs. I see where the poster left it open though.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member

Oh, please tell.

How about we stick to food then... ok?
    This notion that you can "rev" up your metabolism with food is nonsense.
  • geeberscreepers
    geeberscreepers Posts: 19 Member
    I tend to think of it in terms of "is this food or is this a product?" and it usually keeps me right.
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    absolutely nothing, there is no such thing as a "clean" food. you can have what you want in moderation

This is not true and definitely not helpful SMH

"Clean" eating, as many have pointed out, is going back to basics and staying away from processed foods as much as possible. I personally wouldn't want to be 100% clean all the time only because there are dirty things I enjoy once in a while LOL

Do you research. Don't believe everything you read or hear. Everyone will claim to be experts but you are the only expert on your body. Find a balance that works for you. Don't deprive yourself. A true lifestyle change will eventually mean you will feel satisfied and happy with what you put in your body. That takes time so just hang in there!

10613010.png
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    absolutely nothing, there is no such thing as a "clean" food. you can have what you want in moderation

This is not true and definitely not helpful SMH

"Clean" eating, as many have pointed out, is going back to basics and staying away from processed foods as much as possible. I personally wouldn't want to be 100% clean all the time only because there are dirty things I enjoy once in a while LOL

Do you research. Don't believe everything you read or hear. Everyone will claim to be experts but you are the only expert on your body. Find a balance that works for you. Don't deprive yourself. A true lifestyle change will eventually mean you will feel satisfied and happy with what you put in your body. That takes time so just hang in there!

10613010.png

Obviously you didn't read the thread. And that comment was 100% accurate. There is no such thing as clean food. Only food that one person thinks is clean. It's all opinion.

Oh, please tell.

How about we stick to food then... ok?
    This notion that you can "rev" up your metabolism with food is nonsense.

We weren't sticking with food. Unless exercise is some sort of food I've never eaten....

But, coffee consumption has a measurable effect on metabolism. Small, but measurable. Still a food when last I checked.