Boyfriend has roadrage

Options

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It's easy to be angry at a complete stranger on the road..tell him to pretend it's his mom/friend etc. you would easily shake your head and just think...damn my mom sucks at driving etc. rather than go into a fit of rage wishing you had built in machine guns to take out the stupid drivers that can't get the heck out of the way ...it's the fast lane....move over or get run over...

I so wish it was legal to shoot people who do that.

I want to shoot him!!! Me, the passenger!

you hate him and want to shoot him. This sounds like a wonderful relationship.

this. We should all be so lucky as to find a nice woman like her. LOL

if you think for all men, then I'm screwed. I can't imagine wanting to be with someone I hated and wanted to shoot. Maybe I'm crazy....

Ummmmm, my post was 110% sarcasm.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

if you think for all men, then I'm screwed. I can't imagine wanting to be with someone I hated and wanted to shoot. Maybe I'm crazy....

Not all men just the immature insecure ones in my experience. it's a testosterone thing :wink:

I find it pretty sad that people are happy they drove someone off the board by being twats. You might call troll but she was a member since the beginning of the year and had posts beyond the thread. well done
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    It's easy to be angry at a complete stranger on the road..tell him to pretend it's his mom/friend etc. you would easily shake your head and just think...damn my mom sucks at driving etc. rather than go into a fit of rage wishing you had built in machine guns to take out the stupid drivers that can't get the heck out of the way ...it's the fast lane....move over or get run over...

I so wish it was legal to shoot people who do that.

I want to shoot him!!! Me, the passenger!

you hate him and want to shoot him. This sounds like a wonderful relationship.

this. We should all be so lucky as to find a nice woman like her. LOL

Ummmmm, my post was 110% sarcasm.

you don't say?!? :wink: :tongue:
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    Well, I think my time here is done.

This place has proved a point to me and that is, there are so many losers in this world and I think they all reside on MFP.

I came looking for some support and got shot down. Any one who thinks road rage is okay, I hope you have it with the wrong person. Maybe it'll be me. I need to go buy myself that gun!

Those who were helpful. Thank you so much. I know what I need to do (I won't shoot him) :smile:

Good bye and good riddance :wink:

Wow, I never got a chance to respond.

Well, if you're reading this, I agree with you 100% about this place and about the road rage. Fortunately I made some good friends here and I am doing my best to stay focused on the weight loss and not the anger bull that goes on around here.

You need to leave your BF, I'm sorry but you really do. How many chances are you going to give him?

As for everyone accusing you of having the anger, I think you did a great job holding your own.

I'm out~
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone take driving so seriously? Is anyone really going anywhere THAT important? I always drive 5 under the speed limit. Just leave earlier if you're on some sort of deadline or you're on your way to work. If you're getting off work why rush anyways? You're already off.

The reason I take it seriously is because when you're operating a piece of equipment averaging 3,500-4,000 pounds 30,40,50+ mph, you have the potential to do a lot of harm if you're not paying attention. I get angry when I see stupid crap on the road because you're not only putting your life in danger, but you're putting mine and my childrens' lives in danger, and I do not take that lightly.
  • eddiesmith1
    Options
    Why does everyone take driving so seriously? Is anyone really going anywhere THAT important? I always drive 5 under the speed limit. Just leave earlier if you're on some sort of deadline or you're on your way to work. If you're getting off work why rush anyways? You're already off.

The reason I take it seriously is because when you're operating a piece of equipment averaging 3,500-4,000 pounds 30,40,50+ mph, you have the potential to do a lot of harm if you're not paying attention. I get angry when I see stupid crap on the road because you're not only putting your life in danger, but you're putting mine and my childrens' lives in danger, and I do not take that lightly.

Getting angry just makes you a more unsafe driver bad drivers won't go away being aware and taking that into account makes your trip safer
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

This place has proved a point to me and that is, there are so many losers in this world and I think they all reside on MFP.

I came looking for some support and got shot down. Any one who thinks road rage is okay, I hope you have it with the wrong person. Maybe it'll be me. I need to go buy myself that gun!

Those who were helpful. Thank you so much. I know what I need to do (I won't shoot him) :smile:

Wow, I never got a chance to respond.

Well, if you're reading this, I agree with you 100% about this place and about the road rage. Fortunately I made some good friends here and I am doing my best to stay focused on the weight loss and not the anger bull that goes on around here.

You need to leave your BF, I'm sorry but you really do. How many chances are you going to give him?

As for everyone accusing you of having the anger, I think you did a great job holding your own.

I'm out~

Yes, she applauds people for shooting someone that got mad at them but her BF is the one with anger issues for yelling at people. LOL
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Not all men just the immature insecure ones in my experience. it's a testosterone thing :wink:

I find it pretty sad that people are happy they drove someone off the board by being twats. You might call troll but she was a member since the beginning of the year and had posts beyond the thread. well done

the response I responded to he was kidding and I knew so, so I was playing along with my response about being screwed, lol.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    Options

Getting angry just makes you a more unsafe driver bad drivers won't go away being aware and taking that into account makes your trip safer

I'm hyper aware, and I don't "rage" but neither will I deny that abject stupidity on the road makes me angry. That fight or flight response to danger? Yeah, I only have one setting, and it's not the flight one. Potential harm to my children (ie, nearly hitting my car) raises my hackles. To be honest, it didn't bother me too much before children...
  • eddiesmith1
    Options

I'm hyper aware, and I don't "rage" but neither will I deny that abject stupidity on the road makes me angry. That fight or flight response to danger? Yeah, I only have one setting, and it's not the flight one. Potential harm to my children (ie, nearly hitting my car) raises my hackles. To be honest, it didn't bother me too much before children...

fair enough stupidity still raises my ire level too. I no longer react by yelling etc I learned a long time back to control my temper. Do I wish people paid attention to the rules of the road better though 100 % particularly on the highway whre people don't understand stay right (I mean stay right except to pass period, i don't give a toss how fast you are going but you need to stay right except when passing - busier highways have enough lanes that except during rush hour the leftmost lane should be pretty clear . This is something i find is far better in europe
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    Options

fair enough stupidity still raises my ire level too. I no longer react by yelling etc I learned a long time back to control my temper. Do I wish people paid attention to the rules of the road better though 100 % particularly on the highway whre people don't understand stay right (I mean stay right except to pass period, i don't give a toss how fast you are going but you need to stay right except when passing - busier highways have enough lanes that except during rush hour the leftmost lane should be pretty clear . This is something i find is far better in europe

That one pisses off my husband. I don't care what people do or how fast (or slow!) they go, provided they don't almost hit my car. I only get mildly annoyed with the idiots who insist on staying in the left lane, whether they're passing or not. I do a fair amount of driving in upstate NY (north of the capitol) and what bothers me more is the French Canadians (Quebec plates!) who seem to like playing leapfrog on the interstate. I don't want a road buddy!
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    She’s really gone! “Account Deactivated” :indifferent:
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Image_Uploaded_By_Tapatalk1375498258_079608.jpg

:noway:
  • TrevNiel22
    Options
    change only takes place when the end result is a bad outcome.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    stop_zps8e806231.gif

Funny! LMAO
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    May be you should stop over reacting and find a middle ground.

Maybe you should get your macho *kitten* out of my thread!

Net Rage ?
  • annastasia_82
    annastasia_82 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I used to have road rage until my fiancé told me "you don't understand how ignorant you look when you act like that" Try that. I didn't want to be ignorant. Talk about a wake up call.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Get him $1000+ in parking tickets.
    His car will get tire locked if you put it right in front of a school zone on busy unloading hours.

Walk away.

Problem solved. There!
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My husband is a road rager (a calm collected planner of retaliation) . I told him to retaliate rage if he must when we (my daughter and I) are NOT in the car.

He got in an altercation once and beat the hell outta someone. That person said they would bring their gun back and shoot him. Thank God he didn't.

Ummmmm, I want no part of that stupid stuff.

Ask him to refrain when you are in the car out of respect for you.....the end.