The meanest thing just happened :-(

Options

Replies

• cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great answer & advice for a young girl to learn now. The man''s comment had nothing to do with her being overweight.
    Perhaps he's following the d-bag rules of dating? You know, compliment a girl in a way that is an insult also so that she is off balance and vulnerable...then move in for the kill. I actually have know guys who do this....and it sadly does work pretty well for them.
  • kristen_nicoson
    kristen_nicoson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll bet that fella is single! What an idiot.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'6". I know that if I ever weighed close to 116, several of my friends would hog tie me and drag me to the nearest hospital, or start shoving donuts down my throat. That guy has no idea what he was saying. As everyone else on here has said, he's a moron. I understand your reaction. Can't say that I would have felt any different if someone said that to me. Ask to see his medical credentials next time. On the off chance that he has some, tell him you'll take his advice under consideration after you get a second opinion from his boss. :noway:
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No matter what you look like, there's always an *kitten* that thinks they're better than you, and gives unsolicited advice.

For the record, I would love to be where you are. You're an inspiration. Keep that in mind next time some bull moose decides to start roaring.
  • boomerette
    boomerette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would have been tempted to punch him in the face!
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    Really?

As in, did that actually happen?
    What part of her post is questionable?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Holy ****ing ****... that guy is such a ****ing *kitten*.

I'm so mad that somebody would say that to you. Livid!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Really?

As in, did that actually happen?
    What part of her post is questionable?

That a guy would be that...well, douchey to a complete stranger...

If it's true, I guess a lot has changed since I was last in the dating scene 23 years ago.

ETA: However, I've been on MFP long enough to know that not everything posted is entirely accurate...

...so I'm a little...(how you say?)...skeptical.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    ........ that was pretty mean. Sorry hon.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    AH Eff that guy. He'd have to cut off his tongue to start to be appealing.
  • pagepiercekuepper
    pagepiercekuepper Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What a jerk!
  • He is probably jealous of you. Take it as a compliment.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    don't let what people say to you bother you.. hes just a stranger his opinion means nothing.. you have put in the hard work.. love your body dont let others make you feel bad. noone can tell you how you should look. thats up to you.

just know your beautiful and sexy . its how you feel that matters,
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    That's very, very strange. I probably would have told him that he's being very strange.

Who cares why he did it (imho)? Just have no time for that. Screw him. Done :) You look lovely, btw!
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    repeat after me: "piss off, *kitten*."
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Was it Barney Stinson? he sounds like he's just trying to put you down so you'll have low self-esteem and need approval from men and want to date him. Punch him in the face instead.

Totally beat me to it.

To reiterate:

That guy sounds like he is trying to manipulate you by trashing your self esteem so that you'll be working to gain his approval. It's a psychological tactic some terrible people use to control others.

Steer clear of people like that.

original_zpsdb71084b.gif

ETA: Yes, ^^^^THIS.

This would have been the correct reaction

nut-kick-o.gif
  • Beet_Girl
    Options
    I could only dream of being that weight! I am your height, and that weight sounds perfect. Don't let the weirdo get to you. He has brain problems.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    He probably thought that by insulting you he could have you go out with him easier: bad advice is the only way I could figure it from your pics. Don't listen to him. Heck, tell him he should gain at least 30 lbs of muscle before he's allowed to try to come on to girls in the gym ;)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    This is referred to as "negging," it's like when you're trying to hit on a girl and say something nice to show that you're a good person, but instead you say something mean so that she becomes "dependent" and "desires" your approval.

See:

pickup_artist.png

You should try negging him, too, although he's not going to be smart enough to get it.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    all the things i read about on here just never happen at my gym!!! Everyone ignores each other! Unless in the sauna and then its the great debate!!!!

No ones opinion but yours matters. If it does its your ego and you shouldn't be ruled by ego