The meanest thing just happened :-(

Replies

• mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Bah..

always see the negative side ay !

put a positive spin on his words and its a compliment as a lot of women wouldn't look "fabulous" if they lost 50LB never mind a

mere20LB !!!!!

Tears over that comment... you need to grow up and harden up as it s a tough world out there ...

( Seems the majority of people losing weight have a right chip on their shoulders )
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    I'd report him for harassment. Should he say anything to you again, report him again. This is unacceptable behavior. I'm also 5'6", and my goal weight is only 150. :huh: This guy is an *kitten*. Perhaps next time why he thinks harassing women will make his **** bigger.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    What a douche. You look fabulous. You'd disappear if you lost 20lbs!!!

Maybe mention it to your gym manager? Cos that's harassment!

EDIT: I'm also 5'6" and if I weighed 116lbs that would put me at a BMI of 18 which is classified as under-nourished and unhealthy. So go tell the guy to stick his "advice".
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Look up "negging". He's trying to hit on you by making to feel insecure. This is supposed to make you work harder for his approval. Which probably means that he does find you attractive as you are, but is being a massive douche about it.

Anyway, 5'6", 116 pounds is underweight.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Guys a ming mong, proper **** socket. F&@k him.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    That guy is a douche, but think of it this way. You don't need to lose weight, the guy obviously has a fetish for super skinny bony chicks. Would you have been so upset if he told you you'd be hot if you put on 20lbs? Don't let his personal tastes worry you for a second. If he approaches you again, tell him to F**k right off.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Was it Barney Stinson? he sounds like he's just trying to put you down so you'll have low self-esteem and need approval from men and want to date him. Punch him in the face instead.

Totally beat me to it.

To reiterate:

That guy sounds like he is trying to manipulate you by trashing your self esteem so that you'll be working to gain his approval. It's a psychological tactic some terrible people use to control others.

Steer clear of people like that.

original_zpsdb71084b.gif

ETA: Yes, ^^^^THIS.

This would have been the correct reaction

nut-kick-o.gif

Also: this entire quote line-up ROCKS.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    I would have said.....And my recommendation is, you lose 20lbs off your ego .... What a tool
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Your BMI is 21.9... so apparently he's a douche who can't see straight. Math doesn't lie... you're just fine as you are!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Maybe he was jealous of your dedication and success. Some people can't deal.
    Or he needed glasses. 'Cause you really do look great. :flowerforyou:
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Look on the bright side... you could be married to him.

Btw, one day he is going to ask you out on a date. Then you say "you should rethink your goals."
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    LOL! Where did this moron think you'd find 20 pounds to lose? And this a pic of you heavier than you are now? Perhaps he'd like you to cut off your left leg at the knee?

You look great, don't let people like him bother you
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    He was clearly delusional from flexing in the mirror and doing bicep curls.

Remember this, next time: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Well he is definitely an idiot.Some people just get satisfaction at putting others down we have to look over there ignorance.You look great .
  • There is absolutely nothing wrong with how you look. No one can be mean to someone else if they are good within themselves. If someone is mean to you like that (with no justification!) it's because they are threatened by what you've achieved, and they think they need to bring you down so they can feel better about themselves.

I'm sad that he hurt you so much. I think a comment like that should be reported to the manager! Hold your head high and keep going. You look fantastic. Enjoy your achievements and don't let anyone stop you, ever! :smile:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I would have slapped him across the face.

Yes. And embarrassed the **** out of him. What a douche.
  • Rudeness is his problem. Caring what a total stanger thinks is yours. You only control one of those. Work on fixing that one.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    "Thank you for your feedback" and then proceed to critique him from head to toe.......
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    I have to believe he did it to cut you down on purpose and harbors a resentment towards women, or has absolutely no social skills whatsoever.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Btw, one day he is going to ask you out on a date. Then you say "you should rethink your goals."

^^This! Plus, he's an idiot. You're gorgeous, sweetie :)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Screw him! I would have shot something right back at him! Like my fist. Or, if he didn't seem like he needed to lose weight, I would have said, "Cool, we can lose 20 pounds together. I know that will get you motivated to lose the rest when we're done."
  • That's horrible...
  • Screw that dude. When your goal is health that is all that matters. Most people in the gym have a skewed perspective on what the body should look like. BTW what have you being doing. Have you ever tried a CLEAN EATING PROTOCOL?
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Your BMI is 21.9... so apparently he's a douche who can't see straight. Math doesn't lie... you're just fine as you are!

Elyos? Ew.

;-)
  • you look great! 20 pounds would be too much!! x
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    oh my gosh, the rudeness just astounds! :*( You look great in your pic, and he's just a grade-A a**.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    You look great, and are at a great weight. I'm three inches shorter than you, and am at about 142 pounds, and if I get down to 136 I'll be thrilled, and probably will start maintaining actually. That guy sounds like an A-hole. Don't let people like that ever get to you, just brush them off and know that you are a way better person. :flowerforyou:
  • vt78che
    vt78che Posts: 44 Member
    Ah...the arrogant gym a-hole! Most people at the gym are really great, just like on here. But there are always a few that seem to have made a goal of turning their brains into muscle. I'm sorry to hear you ran into one. From what I see of you, you look fine, and losing 20 pounds would probably be way too much. The good part is, you obviously have his attention! Just ignore him and let it be his problem. As Eleanore Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    You look great.
    He will probably try to talk to you again. If I were you, I'd ignore him when he does. Life is too short to entertain a clumsy fool like him.
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    I always just claim that my goal isn't weight loss - I'm just at the gym as part of my ninja training.