Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• sandee516
    sandee516 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I had a wonderful 3-day weekend. A little bit of everything - weekend errands and housecleaning, groceries; had a popcorn and movie night with my husband and friends; wonderful church service Sunday and did a little shopping for myself yesterday using some gift cards I received at Christmas! Today is day 2 of Level 3 of RI30 for me. I am really feeling so much better having been consistent the last few weeks. It's amazing how being accountable and getting activity in, really turns your mood around! Even if you feel like you don't want to work out - give it 5 minutes in and you feel like you can keep going. Have a blessed day everyone! :)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good Morning peeps, Feeling a little off this morning. I hope I am not coming down with something because my big weekend is coming up. I did get up and do my workout 6 and had a healthy steel cut oats for breakfast, but added another cup of coffee!

Keep up the good work peeps!!!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Feeling a pinch sore today..did the full hour on Sunday and Monday of Extreme Shed N Shred. Today is my weekly weigh and I gained 4 pounds..
    I had told hubby Id gain abit of weight..but its hard to see the scale creep..a big internal tug of war. Course, the gain could be the fact I baked with new kitchenaid mixer hubby got me for V-day sunday night and I ate WAY to much raw cookie dough (its like kyptonite!)..added in I was not able to get my afternoon snack in Sunday and was RAVENOUS!..or because I pushed for two days in a row of the hour work..

Did 45 minutes of ESNS this morning..just to keep at it..
    Been really monitoring what Im eating..
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Huge JM fan here... I've done 30 DS, Ri30, BFBM, NMTZ and Shred It with Weights. Just started Body Revolution yesterday and I'm loving it so far. Have you guys heard she's got another new one coming out on March 4? One Week Shred I believe it's called. You can preorder it on Amazon :)
  • lobster888
    Options
    jensan37, welcome to the group! I think you will love body revolution, I did! Great workout. i will be starting ripped in 30 in March. I like to mix it up a bit. I have a few more to add to my collection... and sounds like a new to add her new one!!!
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

Jensan37 - Welcome :D Sounds like you are a seasoned Jillian pro :happy: I did not know there was a new one - i'm wondering if it will be available in the UK, i'll check on Amazon. We can't get kickbox fastfix region 2 here either :( but i think most of the others are available. Do let us know what you think of it if you decide to try :D

TXRanchgirl - sorry the scale wasn't kind to you, but it does sound like you've been pushing your body hard and sometimes for me that makes the scale go up. You sound like you are doing all the right things so hopefully it will show on the scale soon. I try really hard not to focus on the number :D

Lobster - sorry you aren't feeling well. Well done for getting your workout and good food in anyway and fingers crossed it won't turn into anything bad :D

Sandee - Morning :D sounds like you had a great weekend :happy: very balanced :smile: Well done with RI30 L3 - its my least favourite!

GreenIcefloes - Did you start BR? How is it going for you?

How is everyone else doing? Hope you've all had a great start to the week.

Good here, managed L3 and L4 of RI30 yesterday and today. I had forgotten how much i dislike L3 - anyone else find it harder than L4? Managed to get through it but it is the one and only Level of Jillian's workouts that i can't wait to be over :( Not sure what to do tomorrow, might go with L2 and 3 of the shred Thurs and Friday leaving Saturday free for the full NMTZ as i have more time :D

Hope you all have a great Wednesday :smile: Di
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    I did not care for level 3..not that I found it hard..I actually found it boring..I enjoyed level 4 and level 2 best.

Did my ESNS this morning again..will have two rest days Sat and Sunday (we are going to a sheep show..other then a jog around the showgrounds, not sure what else I can do!)

Those burpees with lateral jumps kill me!
    Was down a pound today..and even ate 2 whole chicken breasts last night for dinner (cajun spiced..my husband's speciality..I LOVE them!)
  • sandee516
    Options
    Hi JenSan - I'm a HUGE Jillian fan too! I didn't hear about her new workout though! I'm on level 3 of RI30 (this is my second go around at it!) but I love it! I really feel accomplished this time though! I had a rough year and could not focus on me, but it feels good to get my head back in the game.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day today! The sun is shining here in Upstate New York so that's a good thing :)
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I hope all is well I have just finished RI30. Next up 30day shred. You all seem to be doing great with the workouts and I so admire those who are able to mix it up everyday.

Lobster- I hope you feel better.

Jensan- Welcome this is an awesome group

TCRanchgirl- I couldn't do the burpees either I did the best I could

DLD53 you're so my inspiration
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi there, another JM fan! I am doing 30 DS and currently at Day 3 Level 2 (have never gotten past Level one so that's an accomplishment)!!! I wasn't exercising over the weekend but I'm back at it and determined to finish strong! Love the motivation and support from these groups :-) I think it really helps to know others are working at the same thing....getting healthy!!
  • DLD53
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :smile:

How are you all doing today?

rwieber - welcome to the group :) lots of great support here with lots of excellent Jillian knowledge :smile: Well done to you for getting past L1, here's to great success through L2 and 3 :happy:

klb0809 - Hooray :happy: well done for finishing RI30, I'm sure you'll enjoy and do great with 30DS. How did you find the results from RI30? :smile:

sandee - great to hear the sun is shining for you - pretty much rain 24/7 here at the moment! Glad you are enjoying L3 of RI30, I love that everyone is different and enjoying different parts of Jillian's myriad of workouts :D

TxRanchgirl - I too enjoyed L4 yesterday - and today i find i'm aching in a few places for the first time in a while so it must have hit some different spots! Well done for your 1lb loss, that's great. Hope you enjoy the sheep show :smile:

Well, I've not managed my early workout today as we're out for the day so I've been prepping...hoping to fit one level of the 30DS in later before bed.

Hope you all have a great day :happy: Di
  • sandee516
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! Beautiful sunny day here again in upstate NY, but we are supposed to get frigid temps again by Monday... Oh well, enjoy it anyway! Today was day 4 of Level 3 of RI30 for me ... AND I LIVE TO TELL!
    Maaaan! I feel so accomplished after doing her workouts!

When is everyone's favorite time to work out? I love working out first thing in the morning because it sets the tone for the day for me. Otherwise, I'll let everything else get in the way of my workout if I wait til later.

How is everyone doing so far today?

rwieber - Glad to have you here!!! Woo Hoo to Level 1!

klb0809 - Great job on RI30! Are you happy with results?

I used to tell my WW members all the time that there is such a thing as NON-SCALE VICTORIES! Sometimes we focus waaaay too much on that number on the scale, but forget about the other healthy benefits we are reaping from consistent exercise and clean eating - like inches lost, decreasing blood pressure and cholesterol numbers - overall good feeling!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Love me some JM! I do her workouts 6 days a week along with my cycling. I do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w Tues-Thurs-Sat and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w2ssgjdIts Mon-Wed-Thurs
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day 8.

Found I'm doing more reps and only struggle now is with second set of push ups.

Officially down 3 pounds since I started. Will take measurements on Friday after level 1 is finished.
  • lobster888
    Options
    Good Morning peeps!! Feeling somewhat better.. completed workout 8 for my phase two week. I will be MIA thru early next week. Long weekend get-a-way with hubby!! When I return I will be a another year older.... but that's ok, I am happy and healthy!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
  • DLD53
    Options
    Evening Everyone :)

Lobster888 - well done for completing workout 8 - hope you have a great birthday weekend away :happy:

chunkybun - welcome :smile: brilliant that you are doing more reps now - it is amazing how quick the body is able to complete more. 3 lbs is wonderful, i'm sure the measurement will be awesome too.

wyattj99 - welcome :happy: great to have you with us on our Jillian journey :smile:

Sandee - Morning :happy: great that you are having another sunny day - we manged a bit ourselves today too :happy: Brilliant that you are feeling so good on RI30 - i'm sure you're going to have some awesome all round healthy results. My favourite time to workout is also morning for the same reasons as you ... but i do find that if i wait until the afternoon i do tend to feel stronger through the workout - must be the fuel i put in during the day!

How is everyone else doing? I managed to fit L3 of the shred in after out day out which i'm really pleased with. Completed almost everything with Natalie, just can't quite manage two full sets of jumping lunges! Something to aim for :happy:

Hope you all have a great day :smile: Di
  • DLD53
    Options
    Morning All :smile: T.G.I.F

Completed 30DS L2 this morning but it wasn't my finest work :ohwell: just couldn't quite get fully into it. Hopefully i'll be raring to go for tomorrow's complete NMTZ session :smile:

How are you all doing? Hope you all have a great Friday :smile: Di
  • DLD53
    Options
    Gosh...quiet round here! Hope everyone is enjoying life and weekends! :happy:

Managed all of NMTZ this morning and feeling a bit more into it, so pretty happy with that. Going to try and get some family 'workout' time in over the rest of the weekend so hopefully a few walks weather allowing!

Wishing you all a great weekend :smile: Di
  • jmht345
    jmht345 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Did BFBM for the first time today, not sure I like it. I was really missing the handweights from 30DS and NMTZ. My HRM said I burned 495 calories, so that was a nice surprise, but that was about the only thing I liked! I'm rotating 30DS with NMTZ and BFBM, and I'll keep it in the rotation for this month, maybe it will grow on me...

Were any of you initially unimpressed with BFBM?
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd forgotten about this thread! Since I first wrote in here, I've finished the 30DS (and lost 38cm off my body, really happy with that!). I'm now doing RI30, I did week 2 day 2 this morning. There are a couple of moves in there that really kick my butt, and my (fl)abs are sore tonight, but I know after a couple more days at it I'll be feeling great.
    Well done to everyone who is sticking with their exercise, awesome job!!