What is the one thing you can not over look when dating?

Options

Replies

• gettingsexy94
    gettingsexy94 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Smoking is a definite no-no (I've got asthma and even I didn't I still wouldn't like smokers)
    Hates cats (I love cats)
    No personal hygiene (Not necessarily a clean freak but you know just be clean)
    Short (Nothing against short people, its just that I like tall guys and at 5'3,most guys are taller than me :D )
    No future prospects ( Meaning if a person isn't likely to gain my parents approval in the future, why waste my time?)
    Disrespects me or my family and friends ( I do not take people bull****ting me nicely)

Yup, those are the main ones ;)
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    smoking
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    When I was single I couldn't overlook cigarette smoking, not having a job, stupidity, bigotry, and practicing religion (not disrespecting anyone, that's just not for me).
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    boobs and not knowing anybody I know or that knows me... ow yeah and foreign... #noblondes
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have a job, my own (rented) place, and my own car. I wouldn't date a guy that didn't have all of those things, and I'm constantly amazed by the amount of people I know who think this is asking too much. I know jobs can be hard to find but if you want anything badly enough, you will get it.

Kids and previous marriage are okay, as long as he's not still married.

I would prefer a guy to have at least most of his hair and teeth. :laugh:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    After reading these, some of you people are...wow...just....wow
    This thread is very full of TL;DR..

Bet my mom would make a list and then wonder why she can't find someone with all of the qualities she doesn't want.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    smoking,
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have a job, my own (rented) place, and my own car. I wouldn't date a guy that didn't have all of those things, and I'm constantly amazed by the amount of people I know who think this is asking too much. I know jobs can be hard to find but if you want anything badly enough, you will get it.

Kids and previous marriage are okay, as long as he's not still married.

I would prefer a guy to have at least most of his hair and teeth. :laugh:

Since nothing can be done about stopping the loss of hair .. I think you should think again because that's pretty sad. What if it was happening to you? Anyway a bald head is very sexy.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    wow didnt know smoking was a deal-breaker for so many. I like chicks who smoke. It tells me they dont mind putting nasty things in their mouth
  • beckyboooo87x
    beckyboooo87x Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well I went on a date with someone.. And we was drinking and I let him stay as he lived far away .. In the morning I noticed he had been sick all over my floor . He didn't even say sorry about that or offer to clean it up :/ and left. I couldn't over look this and he asked me for another date Erm nooo!
  • bluetuesday5
    bluetuesday5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well after reading this topic I've just ordered a teeth whitening kit :/
  • Kelly845
    Kelly845 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    smoking cigarettes or weed.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    no job, no car, no ambition

I want someone to come in to a relationship with me as an equal not as someone i will eventually need to take care of
  • nikki0753
    nikki0753 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ignorance, cheating and controlling
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I don't have one thing. I have lots of things! I would never date someone who:

- takes drugs or drinks alcohol excessively.
    - is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or discriminatory in any way.
    - is against abortion.
    - hates cats or animals in general.
    - is politically right-wing and/or doesn't share the majority of my political views.
    - is religious or extremely anti-religious.
    - makes me feel bad about myself.
    - rarely smiles.
    - supports pseudoscience.
    - has no understanding of mental illness.
    - thinks animal cruelty is funny.
    - has bad body odour.
    - doesn't shower every day.
    - doesn't respect my boundaries.
    - thinks having a long list of dealbreakers makes me a bi*ch.
    - believes the friendzone is an actual thing.
    - is anti-feminist.
    - is unintelligent or less intelligent than I am.
    - is a militant vegan.
    - believes it's okay to police how a woman looks.
    - is short.
    - has kids or absolutely wants kids

Everything here, minus the absolutely wants kids. Add in...

-Bad breath
    -Dirty hands/fingernails on a regular basis
    -Someone shorter than me
    - impolite

I agree its not bad to have a list it just means you know what you want, granted somethings may not be deal breakers when you find "the one" but its better to know what you want than take anyone and waste time
  • bigbarnold
    bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    Now that's a list! Some of those are just common sense for most people (or should be!). My list is; has their own goals in life, do not need a party girl, no smokers, likes to be spontaneous, not a couch potato. Probably could come up with more...
  • danyvaone
    Options
    smoking
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Ok, more than one thing, but here goes...My relationship deal breakers:

Lying. I will never be in a relationship again where the person lies to me.

Immaturity. Being a big kid is a great thing (and the ability to do so is actually a must for me), but you also need to know how to be an adult...Paying bills is more important than playing video games 10 hours a day. Just sayin'.

Laziness. I'm a very active person. Anyone I date has to be, too. I'm way too much of a pleaser when I'm with someone...so I don't want to be with someone who's going to need me to sit around and do nothing with them all day, every day just to make them happy.

Disinterest in sex. I want to know the person I'm with wants me as much as I want them.

Manipulative. Again, I'm a pleaser. I want the person I'm with to be happy. I won't be with someone who uses that against me.

And, yes...this is all from experience...all in the same package, actually. lol
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    extreme machismo! ugh:noway:

A man must be a MAN

If u don't like it , date a female
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    For me the deal breaker has ALWAYS been smoking. I WOULD never date someone who smokes..it is a complete turn off of ALL my senses easpecially sense of smell and taste...

You stink
    You taste badly when kissing
    Makes me sick to my stomach....:sick:
    You know, I do hate the smoking. But my fiance is a smoker (which I'm not happy about, but I love him, so ...) and you wouldn't know it unless you actually saw the cigarettes. He doesn't smell like he smokes at all, his breath is fine and I never taste it on him. Of course, he NEVER smokes inside. Neither of us wants to live in a stinky house.

I think if we split up, though, I wouldn't date another smoker. At this point, it's about the future health concerns more than anything else. A good friend of his died from lung cancer a few years ago, but that wasn't enough incentive to get him to quit. :-/