On weight loss journey , best thing learned-1 sentence!

Options

Replies

• jakkidoodles
    Options
    Mine would be "If you eat more than you should, you need to burn it off."
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself quickly and move on if you have a bad day!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    This is so true! My body is not wanting to get rid of inches or pounds as quickly as I think it should, but my body is changing the way it looks :bigsmile: I have to remember when I see people lose so many inches in the first month of weight lifting that my body isn't like theirs and in time, I will get where I want to be.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I am the one with the greatest influence on my own health.
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When your clothes get big, get rid of them!! This has stopped me from going backwards by refusing to buy larger clothes. This has helped me maintain the 75lbs lost. :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've learned to be consistent and to discipline myself.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have two

Do what you know works for you, because you listen to your own body.

and

Eat food, mostly plants, not too much.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    As a person who hates burpees but loves what they do for me... "Burpees don't really like you either"

My mantra: DOn't quIT!
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day!!!
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    don't trust the internet XD
    LOL
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, not what everyone else thinks should work for you.

^This!!!
  • Leopardfish1
    Leopardfish1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there, everybody. New guy here. <waving>

I would add to the conversation that I really DO like to get inspiration for looking at other people's progress that is far beyond my own and maybe even beyond my genetic ability to achieve. I was at the gym last night and there are a couple of guys there who have beautiful, thick arms and shoulders and very small waists. I'm inspired to work harder by seeing their success. Where I think the problem arises is when I (or anyone) says I "should" look like that. Like an old Native American friend used to tell me "Don't 'should' on yourself". How is that for Native American wisdom...Pretty good stuff, eh? lol
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself.

So true! Once I did this, it all clicked.

I had to do this....it was hard, but once its done, the impossible seems possible
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Hi there, everybody. New guy here. <waving>

I would add to the conversation that I really DO like to get inspiration for looking at other people's progress that is far beyond my own and maybe even beyond my genetic ability to achieve. I was at the gym last night and there are a couple of guys there who have beautiful, thick arms and shoulders and very small waists. I'm inspired to work harder by seeing their success. Where I think the problem arises is when I (or anyone) says I "should" look like that. Like an old Native American friend used to tell me "Don't 'should' on yourself". How is that for Native American wisdom...Pretty good stuff, eh? lol
    ]

*waves* lol

Im the opposite..I get inspiration from the 80 yr old that came in walking with a cane and was on the machines just as long as I was. Now that-is AMAZING. That made me feel like-wtf am I sitting here complaining for. Suck it up, you have all your limbs and are young and can work hard. :)
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the ****ing DEVIL.
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When you learn to truly respect yourself the determination to succeed gets stronger.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Do not reward yourself with food; you're not a dog.

lol like this one....mine is get stuck in and never ever give up x
  • smithcarola
    smithcarola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Talk to yourself like you are talking to a friend, especially on the bad days.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!

^ YES!

When you feel like quitting remember why you started. <--- days when I feel like giving up because of x, y & z reasons I think back of how I felt at my unhealthiest and heaviest weight and why I began.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!

^ YES!

When you feel like quitting remember why you started. <--- days when I feel like giving up because of x, y & z reasons I think back of how I felt at my unhealthiest and heaviest weight and why I began.

I agree! Thats why I take pics (month to month) soemtimes in between. I look at the before and all the feelings of how I felt come back-then I look at the "now" and no longer am that same person I was in the before. It helps me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!