Nutella, what's up with that?

Options

Replies

• VAPomata
    VAPomata Posts: 1
    Options
    I, too think it's a matter of taste - but if you get enough nerve sometime, try cutting an apple into "smiles" then dip it in Nutella. M-m-m-m
    :wink:
  • KrispyNoodles
    KrispyNoodles Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nutella is one of the worst things you can eat. A 400g jar contains 218g of sugar, or 55%. That's equivalent to 78 sugar cubes.
  • doitforme1987
    Options
    Ohmygosh, so good. Seriously. But the ingredients? And the calories? Not worth it. I just make it myself. Bit of honey, cocoa powder, and hazlenut butter. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM And hey, not too sweet.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Dangerous, dangerous heaven in a jar. Try this nutella cheese cake. It's amazing and so esy to make

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/nutella-cheesecake

that sounds awful.

more for you!!! LOL

There wasn't a whole lot left when I made it for my friends unfortunately
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I see people on here just raving about it and stating that they can't get enough of it.
    Personally if I was on a deserted island and it was the only food source I would rather starve to death!
    I hate that crap, think it tastes just awful, what's the big deal with Nutella?

Have at it!
    Out of al the crazy crap you eat, you hatin' on Nutella?!?!?! Shame on you, Guy Fieri...
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I actually detest the stuff. I thought I was alone!!!

No you are not alone. I LOVE chocolate but I do not like Nutella at all. And to smell it on toast first thing in the morning is enough to make me lose my cookies.
  • Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WOW, never thought anyone really hated this stuff! I like it but don't eat it anymore. I think the company that makes it got into poo-poo a while back for making it sound healthier than it is. My daughter eats a medium size jar of that stuff a week! :-0

It's not cheap either!!! :(
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating it (in small quantities when family brought it back from Europe), and now that it's popular I tried it again after a looooong time... All I taste now is the oil :sad: I do eat it once in awhile (I bought these teeny tiny individual serving packets at Target), and only when I'm craving chocolate and don't have the real thing do I bust it out.
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    **** Trader Joe's.

This is the real deal:

biscoff.jpg

I am completely addicted to this.:love::love: :love: Nutella is good too.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of Nutella, but everyone is different. I rarely buy it and don't eat it often since it's too easy for me to go overboard on Nutella.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with you???

I laughed a little too hard at that. I *like* it but I find it too sweet, so a little goes a long way if I ever have it. So you can definitely have the remainder of the jar if I ever buy one. :flowerforyou:
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    So Nutella is AMAZING!! It literally tastes like chocolate mixed with hazelnuts (which is basically what it is). My husband CLAIMS he doesn't like it, however I have caught him on several occasions eating it straight from the jar and mixing it with peanut butter. He says it tastes like a Reese's cup when he does that.

It does taste like Reese's!! And this was discovered by my boyfriend too LOL. Men and their food experiments. I must say they are geniuses when it comes to food experiments.

Nutella + peanut butter = SMART!

OMG Nutella and Peanut butter! Wow, that'd be like 200 cals per table spoon! If I tried that I'd be sunk:sad:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The only way I like eating Nutella (which is on very rare occasions) is on hot, buttered toast.
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    will never ever purchase it. disgusting! its one of the many falsely advertised products. yuck!!
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Try Vegimite
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Nutella on graham crackers is the best. I don't like to eat it just straight up, but spread a little on graham crackers or mix a little in Greek yogurt..and it so good!
  • hennaj22
    hennaj22 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about people raving over using cauliflower as a substitute for anything they can.....

this. I HATE cauliflower
  • lindseyas1
    lindseyas1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I HATE it. Mostly because I hate hazelnuts.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Go stand in the corner.
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about people raving over using cauliflower as a substitute for anything they can.....

haha, same! Cauliflower is in no way a "DELICIOUS OMG" replacement for potatoes or pizza crust... just no...

But ummm, Nutella, yes its good BUT:

Chocolate PB > Nutella