What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• caffeinatedbookworm
    caffeinatedbookworm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Grapes
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Asparagus.

Goat cheese.

Venison.
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Nutella

lol not sure that is considered a health food- but yeah it doesn't do it for me either.

I have no idea why people are so obsessed over it.

All I need is a spoon and I can eat that **** by itself. :)

But I don't keep it in the house for that exact reason. It has more calories per 2 tbsp than peanut butter and for less protein. :( Sigh...
  • cns94
    cns94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
    oranges
    peas
    carrots
    green tea
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Non-dairy milk. I've tried so many and just cannot find anything I like anywhere near as much.
    Most soy. I don't mean to over generalize and I know there is good soy and low quality soy but all around BLAH to me.
    Salmon. Just cannot.
    Vinegar. I know a lot of people use it for salads but the smell of it makes me want to vomit.
  • Kati3Mari3
    Kati3Mari3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HATE...
    red apples
    carrots
    shrimp
    lobster
    greek yogurt
    coleslaw
    iceberg lettuce
    kale
    chia seeds
    blueberries
    fish eggs
    bacon- not healthy but most find it weird heh
    pasta
    red grapes
    cantaloupe
    yams
    raisins

LOVE...
    granny smith apples
    mushrooms
    mashed cauliflower
    steamed broccoli
    hummus
    cucumbers
    reg vanilla yogurt
    sweet potato
    avocado
    crasins
    spinach
    chicken
    fish
    turkey
    i can list so much more... lol
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I dislike:

-ARUGULA!
    -Sweet potatoes
    -Parsley
    -Granny smith apples
    -Watermelon
    -Cantaloupe
    -Honeydew
    -Cow's milk
    -Goat milk, goat cheese
    -Meat

I love:

-Tofu
    -Fresh green juice
    -Green tea
    -Spinach
    -Beans, chickpeas
    -Avocado
    -Peas
    -Broccoli
    -Cauliflower
    -Asparagus
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've thought about this some more, and I'm definitely living proof you can put on weight eating nutritious, non-junky food if you eat enough of it. Really, the only foods I hate are certain processed foods. I'd rather starve than eat an Oreo or most packaged baked goods. Can't stand "store" bread. Margarine? The only reason I have it in the house is so a lactose-intolerant friend can use it, because it tastes like rancid oil to me. Non-dairy creamer seems like a way to torture innocent coffee. The only thing I'll order at McDonald's is coffee. Artificial sweeteners taste bitter and weird. And about once a year, I have a sip of Coke, shudder, and think, "Why do people drink this crap?"

And I never met a vegetable I didn't like. And I'm still here. Go figure!

Okay, loving butter, full-fat cheese, and homemade bread and desserts in injudicious quantities is probably why I ended up here learning about portion control.
  • salendire
    salendire Posts: 53
    Options
    I can eat anything, I have never come across something that I dislike to the point of it being inedible. I'm a chef, it's part of my job, that's probably why I got so fat to begin with.

But in saying that I tend to dislike mass produced processed foods. Jarred or packet sauces, pop tarts and most breakfast cereals, any pre-made frozen meal. I strongly believe that everything can be delicious as long as it is prepped with love, care and imagination.

I do have some odd preferences though, I prefer fish raw over cooked, I prefer bitter vegetables over sweet ones, most veges I prefer to eat raw (or as close to) as well. Although I have noticed I am starting to go off of meat a bit, I am ok with small quantities but anything over 100g or so and I feel gross, I find myself eating more and more legumes, tofu and meat substitutes. But I just ADORE liver or black pudding. So, so weird.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'd rather starve than eat an Oreo or most packaged baked goods.

give them to me you unappreciative heathen!!!

I'll eat them all- with my ice cream!!!! NOM NOM NOM NOMNOM
  • Chuchiiee
    Chuchiiee Posts: 43
    Options
    Lentils.
    Lentils are gross. I've had them raw, cooked in soups, etc. They're just gross. -shudders.

Kale.
    Someone recommended this to me.... as a lettuce alternative in my salad. I took once bite and basically threw away the entire salad. Though if you sauté it with onions, garlic, and ginger, and slap it in a quesadilla with cheese, it tastes more appealing.

Peas.
    This is a huge no. Hate how fried rice always has peas. Whyyy. Just whyyy. It tastes so nasty.

Fresh tomatoes.
    Never liked them as a kid. Thought I would be able to eat them now... still hate them.

Cooked carrots.
    I can eat them raw. Love it raw. Cook with it and I'll pick every single piece out. Tastes like sweet mushy stuff. No thank you.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and cauliflower. Blech. Hated them my entire life. Keep trying it every few months, still yuck.

I like pretty much everything else, cottage cheese has always been one of my favorite foods.
  • kesciamuhammad
    kesciamuhammad Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    oops
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've never had much of a problem eating anything, so I can't contribute much here except:

In my experience, if you don't like a vegetable, it's probably worth trying to prepare it differently. Kale is great as Kale chips (cooked in the oven at 450 until crispy); Brussels sprouts taste completely different prepared basically the same way as the kale. My wife, who's a bit of a picky eater, has discovered that she likes a lot of vegetables more than she thought she did.

For most vegetables, I think cooking less makes them more palatable. Spinach, carrots, asparagus, green beans, and peas all fall into this category for me.

TL;DR: Give peas a chance, just don't cook 'em as much.
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hate the taste of all vegetables! I don't know if I have more sensitive taste buds than the average person but they taste super bitter to me. The only way I can force myself to get them in is to have a green smoothie every morning and I'll put in four cups of kale or spinach and a cup of carrots.

I don't hate salads, but I almost never order one because I don't find them satisfying at all. I like my meals hot.

A healthy food I've been trying to eat more of is plain Greek yogurt. I know it has way more protein and less sugar than the ones I've been eating (Oikos with honey on the bottom) but it tastes like sour cream to me!
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Don't like fruit in general but esp:

Kiwi
    Cantaloupe
    Papaya
    Apples
    Carrots
    Grapes eww
    Watermelon
    Ginger, eat it anyway though
    Chia seeds, eat anyway
    Green tea
  • Adomke89
    Adomke89 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in that I loooove veggies.

I hate mushrooms, black olives, and bell peppers. I really wish I liked bell peppers as a go-to snack though!

Also, celery. Even in soups I can taste it and it's gross.

I did figure out I love black bean burgers though. Morning star black bean burgers are an awesome thing to keep in the freezer when you aren't up to making lunch, etc.

I hate yogurt but figured out that plain greek yogurt is awesome as a ranch dip or sour cream. Only problem-lactose intolerant. :(
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Can't say for a fact, but I think I'd hate sugar free gummy bears....
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Mine is a big list. I am very picky and all about the texture (I despise anything "slimy" or spongy").
    I have tried everything raw and/or cooked....and still can't deal. LOL

Mushrooms
    Celery
    Onions (But I like Onion rings :tongue: :huh: )
    Peppers
    Bean Sprouts
    Zucchini
    Eggplant
    Most seafood (I can only handle some haddock, cod and similar fish)
    Any super wet/soft cheeses (I stick to cheddar, mozza, havarti, gouda etc)
    Protein Bars....I've tried a few brands and flavors and find they all taste like flavored cardboard! :laugh:

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there's more! LOL
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Mine is a big list. I am very picky and all about the texture (I despise anything "slimy" or spongy").
    I have tried everything raw and/or cooked....and still can't deal. LOL

Mushrooms
    Celery
    Onions (But I like Onion rings :tongue: :huh: )
    Peppers
    Bean Sprouts
    Zucchini
    Eggplant
    Most seafood (I can only handle some haddock, cod and similar fish)
    Any super wet/soft cheeses (I stick to cheddar, mozza, havarti, gouda etc)
    Protein Bars....I've tried a few brands and flavors and find they all taste like flavored cardboard! :laugh:

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there's more! LOL

You don't like protein barsss?!????

Quest and Rise bars?