Calling All Non-Moms Again!

Options

Replies

• WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN

Met my exercise goal for the 1st week and dropped 2 pounds. Plus I made it through report card weekend without stress eating.
    :happy:
  • corderoinkuna
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I am a non - mom and just love this! my check in day is on Monday!:bigsmile:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I am a non - mom and just love this! my check in day is on Monday!:bigsmile:

Never too late! Welcome. :)
  • ickybella
    Options
    CHECK IN

I've stuck to the Jillian 3x and C25K 3x a week. A couple of weeks ago, I took one extra day off of Jillian but that was in November, so it doesn't count, right?! Still working my way toward 160. Weigh-in is tomorrow.
  • ickybella
    Options
    I'm down to 131.2 today. Still not as low as I was two weeks ago, but definitely better than last week. I'll take it.

It's a loss, ever closer, ever closer! Good job. :)
  • ickybella
    Options
    Well, my husband's just left for work and I am seriously considering going back to sleep! I don't know how he does it, but I can't just stay up until 2 and then get up at 9. I need at least 8 hours. Curry night last night and I did our normal curry, with a twist. We also had a palak dal side dish, which is red lentils, spinach, coconut milk, and spices. I thought it was bland but he loved it and that's no minor feat. The man practically kicks and screams when I try to get him to eat spinach, and this dish was all spinach. Really liking c25k. I was sitting here last night and realized that my lungs didn't hurt at all, and that's after spending a half an hour outside. I was so excited after that.

Yesterday was a really good day for me. For the first time since I was about 7 years old, I had a skinny day. I felt smaller, my husband did a double-take when he saw me in my tightest jeans and they were a little loose, and he said "Wow, look how skinny your legs are." I was pleased. I have some serious thunder thighs, so it's good to finally see them getting smaller.

I was going to quote everyone and say well done separately, but that would be like seven posts, so well done Gillian for the maintain. I hope your body heals soon! Well done Chanstriste for living in a Winter ONEderland! You must be really excited. Well done WA Teacher on the loss, the goals, and the survival of report card week! Well done rmkorama on meeting the shred goal. That Jillian is a beast but I'm sort of in love with her. You should see my biceps! I was on webcam with my brother last night (he's 3000 miles away) and showed him my muscles and he was so impressed he had to take a snapshot, lol! Keep it up and she will make you buff. Well done kksn! I can't wait for the 150s. That's fantastic. Ok, that's all I got. It seems like we're all doing really well and the way we're going, we are gonna be one hot group of non-mamas!
  • nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    CHECK-IN -
    ... is normally on Friday. Last Friday I weighed in the same as the previous week. I did a little better with the weekend water intake but still not *getting* the recommend 8 glasses.
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    Options
    CHECK IN

Well, I weighed in today and am the same as last week. It is my own fault, while I have increased my workouts from none to a few times a week I am not going often enough. I need to get up to at least 4 times a week. I do good with my water during the week but not on the weekends. Still working on it!!!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Woohoo for skinny jeans being loose, ickybella! I hear you on the thunder thighs. I would be happy if I could just lose a couple of inches on each thigh and my belly (it's not even my waist... it's the belly button area). I started measuring so I can see the difference there even if the scale doesn't move.

Way to go everyone!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ickybella and erica...while i wish you all your heart's desire in your weight loss endeavors, i must say that i don't think 'thunder thighs' are a bad thing! if you look at any naked chic fantasy art...think amazon women dressed scantily in leapord skins here, baring not only massive cleavage, but gem encrusted swords that are certainly 5 times their own body weight...you are going to see thick, tone thighs! love your thighs! thighs are mighty - a force to be reckoned with!

okay...now that that's done with...:tongue:

how's everyone's day going? i just had another psycho-lady specialty. great class, and i'm starting to make it through more and more taking less and less breaks. what's really trippy is that when my husband and i do p90x together, we'll compare our heart rates, and his is usually racing and mine is pretty solid! my husband is thin and athletic, though he hasn't been working out very much lately. it's kind of cool that my insides might actually be in better shape than his right now - you would never guess that from looking at us! i feel sure that psycho-lady's class is a big contributor to this!

i'm taking the kids i nanny for out to dinner tonight since their mom is in nyc and their dad won't be home until late. they have opted to eat at kfc. i haven't eaten there in *years*! have no idea what's on the menu. i'm going to have a looksie so i'm prepared. anyhoo...have a great day everyone! keep up all the good work because everyone here seems to be kicking *kitten* and taking down names! boo-yah!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    OK fine... but can I wish away my cottage-cheesy thighs instead? :laugh:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    OK fine... but can I wish away my cottage-cheesy thighs instead? :laugh:

smirk...i will be wishing right along with you in that regard! :laugh:
  • corderoinkuna
    Options
    Thanks! I am so happy to be a part of this! Now I can not wait for my check in day to report in to my non moms!
  • ickybella
    Options
    Well, my belly is my biggest problem anyway. If I could get rid of it, I could probably (I said probably) live with everything else. I am having a rest day today since I didn't have one last week and I need one. We're having sweet chili turkey mushroom stir fry tonight and I might just sign up for a 5k this evening! I'm too chicken to do it alone so I'm going to make my husband sit with me when I fill out the form. I've also found a half marathon I want to run next August or September! That will take all my courage, but I so want to do this. Just the thought of it is making me a little giddy, lol.

Someone, please remind me to post my enchiladas recipe...argh.
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi Nom-noms! I lost a single pound this week. I'm thankful it's at least going in the right direction! It's tough getting through party season and stay completely on program!
  • ickybella
    Options
    Today is my weigh-in and I'm down another 2 pounds. I'm still not quite caught up with my Christmas challenge, but I should at least end up close. Honestly, I can't wait for that challenge to end (two more weigh-ins) because it's stressing me out! Lol, I know it shouldn't bother me, but I don't want to feel like I've failed just because I went on vacation for a week, and though my BMI was at 25.36 this morning, it is just creeping toward that healthy weight and I feel like it's going to get so much harder after I've gotten past the dreaded 25. I so can't wait for next year and to be done with all this scale madness! No more weight-loss challenges!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Down 1.5 pounds this week for a total of 4 for December. Halfway to my December goal of 8 pounds.

Doing well on the Couch to 5K...finished week 1. Not so good on Chalean Extreme am having trouble with the lunges while holding weights on my bad knee. Think I will just switch to some strength training on my own until my knees are up to it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm a non-mom, working gal that's soon to be married! Finding time to exercise is my biggest challenge, as I'm a teacher and alwasy have a lot of essays to grade.

Shannon
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I went to a Christmas party on Tuesday. I ate a good dinner before I went. While I was there I only had water, 25 or so grapes, 2 little cubes of cheese and a little bit of spinach salad. Toward the end a friend of mine convinced me to split a small mint brownie with her. Those are my FAVORITE desserts! My DH is allergic to mint so I almost never get to have any. It was so small it ended up being only 2 bites. I was so proud of myself. I peeked at the scale this morning and it said I was 2.4 lbs down from Monday. Wow! I don't have much to lose so I was excited to see such a big jump!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Good morning nom noms...I tried Zumba last night for the first time...I'd have to say it was pretty darn fun:bigsmile: I had a hard time figuring out the steps at first...but then i just rocked out! I got the giggles pretty bad while i bounced around in the basement, but it was really good...The DVD's came with a program so I'll start "day 2" today...good luck on your goals my friends!