Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• jmht345
    jmht345 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Continuing with my 30DS, NMTZ and BFBM rotation for the month. Still don't love BFBM, but it's growing on me, it will never be my favorite, but I can see that it serves its purpose. Been mostly doing NMTZ, and I love the last few circuits, actually, I think I just love the whole thing!

Will start RI30 in a few weeks, looking forward to it!

Do any of you supplement your Jillian workouts with free weights? I just got a bench and dumbbells for my husband, but I'm really tempted to start lifting with him a few days a week. Have any of you tried that?
  • cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What is ESNS? Is it Jillian Michaels?

I've been doing "ok" with her DVD's I've lost 5 pounds and 5 inches in 8 weeks so that's a little slow but I guess that's what happens after 40. I'm a little disappointed with myself for overindulging all weekend....the Keg, wine and breakfast buffet...the scale went up but now I'm punishing myself with NMTZ and BFBM alternate days until the scale goes back down to where it's supposed to be.lol
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Well...thanks to my wonderful husband who suggested putting the dvd in the blueray player (we have both hook-up) it worked perfectly - go figure. Well he also cleaned it, probably better than I did. So I had a great workout and no stopping!!!

Loving the workout.. I like switching it up.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    What is ESNS? Is it Jillian Michaels?

I've been doing "ok" with her DVD's I've lost 5 pounds and 5 inches in 8 weeks so that's a little slow but I guess that's what happens after 40. I'm a little disappointed with myself for overindulging all weekend....the Keg, wine and breakfast buffet...the scale went up but now I'm punishing myself with NMTZ and BFBM alternate days until the scale goes back down to where it's supposed to be.lol

Extreme SHed N Shred..it came out after 30 day shred and ripped in 30. its two 45 minutes works you can do combined together or individually..

I had an ice cream binge last night..but threw it all away..(surprisingly, still under my calorie goal..but still..)
    comitted to eating better this week..I do good til I get home..Gotta keep at it and not let this crap get the best of me..its been almost a year since I started eating right and working out..
  • stillwatergirl
    stillwatergirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. JM workouts are my favorite. I really get results from them. Currently doing 30 day shred (on Level 1 day 9). I have done Ripped in 30, Shred it with Weights (not a favorite of mine), BFBM, Yoga Meltdown.
    I am going to her Maximize your Life Tour next month and really looking forward to it.

Does anyone have an acronym cheat sheet for all of her DVD's? After reading through the post, there are some I don't recognize.
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am currently doing RI30 and just completed week 3. I am doing the program every other day (one level 3 times a week for two weeks before moving on to the next level). Thursday I will start level 4. I got this far last year but never finished the level. I am hoping to follow through this time to get the program done so I can move on to the 30DS (a fave).

I am always looking for new friends (and Jillian fans) for support and motivation. :-)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Done Level 2 of 30DS and will proceed to Level 3. After this, I am considering Ri30... I am closely following this thread.

I am becoming Jillianholic!!
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone :smile:

Welcome to everyone joining us and sharing their Jillian journey :happy: Sounds like you are all doing really well with your workouts.

Rest day here so not much to report! As always with rest days i'm feeling a bit guilty that i'm not doing something - just have to keep reminding myself that my muscles need rest to grow!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy hump day :happy: Di
  • CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just finished (as in five minutes ago) Day 8, Lv. 2. Someone please reassure me that Level 3 is more fun than Level 2? I have an academic appreciation for plank, but today was the first day I was able to complete the plank twists at the very end without dropping onto my knees once or twice.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Can I join in too?

I have just started Ripped in 30. I've done 30DS a few times and started that again before Ripped in 30 but found I was getting bored.

I did the first 3 days and then missed a day as was at a christening all day. Then I woke up with such a stiff left bum/top leg. It has been killing me. So I have missed 2 days as I couldn't even bend to put my sock on! lol I think will miss today (its a bit better though) so will start again tomorrow and need to make sure I stretch more. Not sure what happened as was only one side and not happen before.

I will try and read through what everyone is doing and keep up.

Thanks Helen
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the newbies!!! :)

Still on nmtz and although it doesn't feel any easier as I'm doing it, when it's finished,I don't feel like I'm dying for another near as long.

I've got ripped in 30 all four levels on you tube, not played them yet though...and I found them through links on pinterest..never found them before.
    Going to give them a go at some point.
    Somebody did point out how amusing it was that level one has more than double the views of level 4...making me smile too.

Keep up good work everyone.
  • cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Hard Body lets do it! ( I need a Hard Body)

Thank you for explaining ESNS lol!

I will go to iTunes today and buy Hard Body . Thinking of starting Hard Body after the kids go back to school on Monday. I still have one more weekend to cheat ahhhh! (going to resort this weekend, more wine, more fancy restaurants)

Will start Hard Body on Monday and alternate with cardio every other day. How does that sound to you?
  • stillwatergirl
    stillwatergirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

For those doing ESNS, do you do both workouts together or are you doing just one? How many days a week do you do the workouts? Are you doing both of them back to back, or just one?

I am considering getting Body Revolution, just not sure I want to fork out that much money yet. How does the difficulty compare to, say, RI30? Maybe I will cycle through all the JM dvds I have first, then do BR . . .

Thanks in advance for your input/advice :)
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    30 DS-Day 3-level 3 down! Only 7 more days!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    ohhh! nice!

My kiddo starts break NEXT week..so I probably will wait another week or so to get into Hard Body..Ill cheat and let you tell me how you like it..LOL!
    Yes!! Hard Body lets do it! ( I need a Hard Body)

Thank you for explaining ESNS lol!

I will go to iTunes today and buy Hard Body . Thinking of starting Hard Body after the kids go back to school on Monday. I still have one more weekend to cheat ahhhh! (going to resort this weekend, more wine, more fancy restaurants)

Will start Hard Body on Monday and alternate with cardio every other day. How does that sound to you?
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    I am prepared for a flaming..I do one or two (individually) every day..I dont have time for more (work fulltime..40 minutes is all I can manage in the AM)..weekends I dedicate one day to both level 1 and 2 back to back. its a burn, but lots of fun.

I workout every day..I take a rest day when my body tells me too (for example, this morning, afew hours after I did the video..my body said "rest tomorrow"..I know my body well enough to know when it needs a break. there has been a time or two that Ive woekn up the next morning and felt great and did the video..but most times my body doesnt lie. :)

I know she says to take at least ONE rest day per week..but this routine works for me.
    Hi everyone :)

For those doing ESNS, do you do both workouts together or are you doing just one? How many days a week do you do the workouts? Are you doing both of them back to back, or just one?

I am considering getting Body Revolution, just not sure I want to fork out that much money yet. How does the difficulty compare to, say, RI30? Maybe I will cycle through all the JM dvds I have first, then do BR . . .

Thanks in advance for your input/advice :)
  • DLD53
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :) Hope you are all having a great start to the day :happy:

Loving the support and motivation on our thread - great that we are all doing different things, feels like there is a wealth of personal experience to help each other :happy:

Welcome Helen :) Hope you are fully recovered soon and can continue with the RI30 - it's my favourite one :smile:

TXRanchGirl - I'm a firm believer in 'do what works for you' :smile: Great that you know your body so well and know when to rest and when to workout. I spent most of my rest day yesterday thinking about today's workouts!

Good Luck to those starting Hardbody - I've never done that one, do let us know how it goes and if it is comparable to any of her others :D

Chunkybun - 7 days to go is great - well done you :D Did you take measurements?

Ceal - I definitely preferred Level 3 of the shred to Level 2 if that's any help - took me a couple of days to master the rock star jumps though!

All good here, had a weigh in today and am down a lb and a half which is great. I am focusing on the bodyfat % (but trying to check that only once a month) but it is nice to see the scale going down :D Completed my workouts this morning - super early as i got up with DH and we did it together...was finished before 6am :happy: Only problem is now i'll be hankering for lunch time by 10 :laugh:

Hope you all have a great day :happy: Di
  • DLD53
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

Friday again! Miserable and foggy start here, really hoping it burns off as i was hoping to get out for a walk later! Jillian, Fat Burn and plank done - feeling really strong this morning as i managed fast mountain climbers without stopping for the first time - Yay :D

Hope you are all doing ok - have a great Friday everyone :happy: Di
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I love JM workouts!! I use a rotation of her dvds all the time!(=
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    TGIF Folks! and I will say it again
    TGIF! its been crazy week at work.

I may have mentioned..been getting up earlier to get my video done before DH wakes up. so far, so good..

I have made an observation..when I eat better things (no sugar or overindulgence) I FEEL better, my body FUNCTIONS better and I dont feel so sluggish come about 9PM..Ive still got loads of energy!

A year ago, eating crappy, no exercise..I was ready to zonk out by 8:30..amazing how eating food to FUEL your body makes you FEEL better!