What did you eat for lunch today?

Options

Replies

• shoelesstroy
    shoelesstroy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    one ounce of homemade beef jerky and a hard boiled egg with 8 oz of v8 juice
  • hadley_8
    hadley_8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Morningstar Veggie Burger ... on two slices of Udi's Soft Whole Grain Bread (gluten free).

Calories: 270
    Carbs: 27
    Fat: 10
    Protein: 19
    Sodium: 540
    Sugar: 3
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean salad with grilled chicken breast. I love chick peas!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I came to work and ate breakfast late, so I'm still enjoying my lunch at 2:00. Because everything is running late, I combined my regular lunch with my afternoon snack. Yay, bigger lunch!

1 hard-boiled egg
    1 light string cheese
    1 banana
    1 small pouch chunk light tuna
    24 Special K multigrain crackers
    1 bottle of water

423 calories and 33 g of protein worth of deliciousness, and a large variety of flavors!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Vegetable soup and, mix of roasted veggies and garbanzo beans with tamari sauce. Orange and banana slices with a splash of almond milk and cinnamon for dessert.

I go for high volume foods (soup/veggies), with lots of different textures (soup, roasting veggies, denser beans), and always have a piece of fruit.

I try to follow the plan of having as many different colored fruits and veggies as I can pack in at each main meal. I also try to eat foods which require a utensil since it slows down my eating.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    soup is my best friend. I had homemade chicken and vegetable soup, with organic baby cut carrots and homemade garlic hummus. nom
  • Soapfan777
    Options
    I had an orange, Stouffer's Roast Turkey entree, and water.
  • jamarkham101
    Options
    I had half of the tuna in the can (alabacore solid in water, drained) and ate it right out of the can! Never thought I'd like it without the mayo but a good tuna apparently doesn't need any. Way to go StarKist! Oh, and I also ate a small handful of marcona almonds. I'll probably also have either a square of dark chocolate or a low cal fruit bar in a little bit.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Leftover steak (2.5 oz of ribeye) cut up over a large bed of mixed greens with grape tomatoes and a light house Italian dressing.

I love taking left over meat and adding it to a salad for my lunch.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast, side of roasted sweet potatoes, side of roasted cauliflower, and a side of fennel salad. Finished off by a vegan chocolate chip cookie.

The beauty of being an endurance athlete.....tons of food.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Sundried tomato wheat wrap w/ 4oz roasted chicken breast, 1.5oz Harvarti cheese, spinach, tomato and 20g Kraft garlic/herb mayo w/ left over couscous on the side.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Pink slime. er, I mean, Wendy's chicken nuggets.
  • zestyzesty
    zestyzesty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    White basmati rice with a chickpea and veg curry with Uncle Ben's sauce, unfortunately not as healthy as homemade as the sauce is quite high in fat, but I needed to use up stuff from the cupboard. It will be salad for tea!

To make the curry, I used 1 small can chick peas, 100g frozen veg, half a small handful of raisins and half a jar of Uncle Ben's Medium Curry Sauce.
  • ohheyy120
    ohheyy120 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Around 11am I had tropical green smoothie from Whole Foods.

Then around 1pm I had 1/2 of a Panera bacon turkey bravo sandwich minus the turkey, and 1/2 of a Panera caesar salad.

I still need to tackle my Panera fruit cup. I'll get to that later.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Couscous and tomato salad + 200g of Mixed bell peppers :)

To be followed by my favorite - tim hortons coffee with a hazelnut shot !
  • MacRec48
    MacRec48 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    grill hamburger patty, slice of cheese, tablespoon of mayo, lettuce, tomato slice
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. Onion pie with rosemary and Swiss cheese in it, and a whole wheat homemade crust. Yummy!

Now I'm about to have a cup of vanilla rooibos tea with a Clif Kids Z bar (peanut butter flavor) as the "rest of my lunch"
  • gapeach1279
    gapeach1279 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Apple Pecan Grilled Chicken Salad from Steak N Shake, no dressing. 330 calories.
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wheat Thins toasted chips - 1 serving.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Grilled Eggplant sandwhich with tomato sauce, sides of kale and asparagus---275 calories.