Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options

Replies

• jmht345
    jmht345 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel better Di!

I'm taking a rest day today, changed up my routine and added heavier lifting in addition to the Jillian DVDs each morning, and wow, I am really feeling the new routine in my arms today! Since I need to get through yoga tonight I decided to give myself the morning off for extra rest. Back to the BFBM/NMTZ rotation tomorrow.

Happy Jillian-ing All!
  • sinrh
    sinrh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon DLD53 :(

I STILL have 3 days left of the Slimdown. This last week has been the hardest to finish. My ankle is still sore, so I've just been doing Bob Harper's and Erin Motz yoga videos. I have Jillian's yoga DVDs too, but nothing is easy with Jillian.

I took my measurements today despite not finishing the Slimdown. I'm 27 days completed, so close enough for measurements anyways. I lost a couple pounds during my 2 weeks off, and I had been stuck for a couple weeks before that. Over training maybe?
    Anyways, I'm down 7lbs since I started the Slimdown and 8 inches :)
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    OK Everyone..a slight change in "plans"..

after talking with my husband this weekend..he feels Im working strength abit to much..espc in my upper body. I never wanted to be "muscly"..just not flabby..Hard pill to swallow but if hubby is one thing, its brutally honest..if he is telling me the muscles in my arms are turning him off..Im not going to question it.

So Im thinking of encorporting more cardio and then do Ripped 3 times a week (for strength)

Can anyone reccomend a good cardio DVD..Jillian or otherwise..that I can start doing? Id run..but I honestly like having a DVD to go off of..because running in the afternoon is a hit or miss depending on my family's activities.

Or even a DVD that focuses more on the core and lower half of the body..
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Burn Fat Boost Metabolism is 40 mins of pure cardio.

You could try her kick boxing one too. Haven't tried it, but it looks good.
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    thats one I was considering..along with the kickboxing one.

I like the 20 minute ones better..espc on crazy mornings..but have done 40 minutes in the AM too.
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the sympathy everyone :smile: Managed to get through work but I'm so achy! It's like the very first time i encountered Jillian all over again :wink:

TXRacnchGirl - I agree, BFBM is great for cardio and like NMTZ you don't have to do all at once, you could split it in half and do 3 sets for 20 mins :D We can't get the kickbox over here but i've heard good things, I also like Billy Blanks Taebo. Hope you find a happy medium for you and DH :smile:

sinrh - those are great results - well done to you :happy: Hope the ankle feels better soon. Do you know what you plan on doing when the slimdown is finished?

jmht345 - great job with upping the weights, what are you working with now? Hope the yoga goes well and your arms get used to the new regime soon!

Happy exercising everyone :D Di :happy:
  • chunkybun
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones yesterday morning = pain this morning. Holy cow I'm sore, and used 5lb weights for most of it. Moved up to 8's for some.

Back of thighs and triceps are feeling it the most. The original plan was to mix this with cardio, but with the soreness I'm feeling today, I'll likely just go for a long walk tonight and finish with some yoga.

Take care of yourself Di.
  • DLD53
    Options
    Thanks ChunkyBun :smile: Wow! 5lb weights for all of NMTZ and 8's for some is awesome, no wonder you're in pain! I'm sure it will be short lived though and the muscles will awesome. Hope the walk and the yoga ease the pain somewhat :happy:
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yes, feel better soon Di...

I know I used to do a jm kick boxing routine from YouTube, she was quite giggly in it...most odd...but good fun.
    I've also done bfbm on YouTube (you may have noticed I like YouTube!) and wow is hard.....I'd get to a point where I thought I'd have to give up, then suddenly it all got easier.

I'm still enjoying ripped level one...I'll move it up to level two later this week.

And chunkybun....take it easy! :)
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, I just started the 30DS up again. Day 1 level 1 complete for the most part. It gets hard when you have a 15 month old baby who wants you to pick her up the whole time haha. Going to really try and stick with it this time!
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    To those wondering about her kickboxing DVD...I just did Kickbox FastFix for the second time today and I LOVE it!!! There are three 20-minute workouts. After doing the first two I was completely drenched in sweat :) Very fun and I highly recommend!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    GREAT! thank you! I may get it
    Sucks its only 20 minutes..but bet I could run 2 back to back if I wanted? I enjoyed the kickboxing aspect of Extreme Shed..I work both sides of my body, even though JM doesnt..I do.
  • chunkybun
    Options
    Only made it through 1/2 of NMTZ this morning. Partly because I was up late, so slept in a bit and partly because I'm still sore from Sunday.

I'll do the 2nd half on Thursday, and see if I can get through the whole thing again on Sunday.
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm starting the 30DS for the... fifth?... time? I think? Yes, anyway, motivation is definitely in order here.
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    doubled up with level 1 ESNS and level 2 Ripped yesterday...and am feeling it today..I helped hubby under a house on monday too..so my muscles are alittle stiff from that adventure too..woke up late so no workout this morning..may be a rest day..depends on what I feel like this afternoon..been going to bed late, pushing hard and feeling worn down.
  • DLD53
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone :smile:

TXRanchGirl - Great job with the doubling up and a good idea to listen to your body today - give the muscles time to repair and get stronger :D How did you find doing the two together? Do-able every workout day or more of a 'when i think my body can take it' kind of thing?

Calla - Welcome :happy: Loads of great motivation on here from lots of Jillian workout fans :D Good luck with re-starting, let us know how you get on ... what weights are you using?

Chunkybun - half of NMTZ is still a pretty good workout so well done you :D

Jen - thanks for the recommendation - still miffed that we can't get that one over here as i really enjoy the kickboxing moves! Sounds like you had a great workout :D

How is everyone else doing?

AFM thankfully feeling slightly less ill today - I managed one workout this morning but opted for one of my YouTube 10 minute workouts (30 Day Fat Burn) just to see how i was.... and it was ok - still coughing a lot but i managed so i'm aiming to get back into the regular routine from tomorrow. Probably won't be at full pelt for a few more days but something is definitely better than nothing right?! When I'm back to regular fitness I'm definitely going to try doubling up - only two more full months before my big holiday, time for a good toning push i think!

Hope you are all having a great Wednesday, Di :happy:
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    sorry to hear you are still battling the crud DLD..:(..respitory stuff really seems to hamper my exercising..same with the kiddo. Living in Texas, we both deal with allergies year round too..yuck! I always say, even a "bad" or "short" workout is better then none at all!

I doubled up Saturday too..20 minute break inbetween..yesterday I did one in the morning and one in the evening..I was doing the AM and PM works before my husband came home..now its hit or miss..I try to double up if hes out in the evening and my kid's scheduale permits..I shouldnt sneak the exercise..but I feel better..a huge sense of accomplishment when I do 2..but he would be upset..we still dont see eye to eye on my weight..its very very hard to know that your SO is not attracted to you physically due to your weight..but at the same time you get comments from others saying youve never looked better..still trying to find balance in my food ans exercise routine. Im in the 117 range..gained 10 pounds since the fall..cant tell you the amuont of self control it takes to consciously "gain" and let myself eat things I had previously put "off limits"

anyway..I enjoy the twice a day works..interestingly, I seem to crave sweet things when I get home from work..if I workout, that sweet craving goes away..:)
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Just done level 2 of ripped in 30, you were right, much harder.
    For me, it wasn't so much about the plank moves,but a lot more stabilising...I'm rubbish at that.... Oh well, only five more times to suffer! :)
  • CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So, after a few days without doing Jillian, I decided to try going back to Level 1...but this time, I upped my weights from 1 kilogram to 3. I didn't like the anterior raises w/side lunge before, but now they're a LOT harder. But at least I feel like I'm actually doing something during the chest flies. Depending on how I feel tomorrow (I have a feeling I'm gonna be hurting) I may either go back to Level 3 or keep going back on Level 1 with the harder weights.

Also, glad to hear that you're feeling better DLD53!
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :flowerforyou:

I :heart: JM! 2 years ago in April, I decided to stop being a chubby slug and do something. I did the Body Revolution program (and joined MFP!) and it was awesome! I own pretty much all of her workouts. Between that program and doing P90X, I lost 20 lbs. I am 5'8", went from 160 lbs to 140 and size 8/10 to a 4/6. I have gained about 5 lbs back, but it's muscle weight (as the small clothes fit great)! Since then, I have done 2 5Ks (though I am NOT a runner!)!

Although I changed my profile and missed 1 darn day :sad: , I have been working out & logging my food consistently for more than 700 days :happy:

My routine usually goes like this:
    M: JM (weights/circuit training)
    T: JM (cardio) & Tready (walk/jogging right now on treadmill--- injured my ankle back in Oct, so I'm easing back into things!)
    W: JM (abs) & Pilates
    TH: JM (yoga)
    F: JM (weights/circuit)
    S: JM - any of the longer (40 min or more) circuits & Tready
    S: Yoga

Please feel free to add and I'm glad I found this thread!! Good luck to you all :smile: