Why does everyone hate me? The forum Survival Guide.

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this until just now???

Anyhow, in...

...for great justice.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Oooooooo.
    Do the Elder MFPers have their own guild hall?

get to 2000 posts and you may find out...

I thought it was called the Wolfpack and had a butt or ab pic requirement, there you go making me confused again!

Suddenly my posterior is developing a strange sensation.

They have cupcake parties and run around in their underwear.

hmm my group has tequila parties with strippers…

Add a beer volcano and it sounds like my version of heaven!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    In, to read when I have no social life tomorrow.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Nice post, OP!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks MFP is really unbearably mean clearly hasn't seen too much of the internet.... The meanest people on MFP are like a breath of springtime air compared to a lot of places online.

Yep! Have you ever been on weight watchers online? Some of the meanest b%tches!

Hahahaha! I posted a link to this on the Canadian WWers actually.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually read stickies, anyway? It'd end up being just like the search function, hardly used by those who need to use it most.
  • cmdwaters
    Options
    thanks!
  • Lost_Zen
    Lost_Zen Posts: 20
    Options
    Got it :drinker:
  • FlyThisKite
    FlyThisKite Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This should be a read before you proceed post!!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    OP, old beyond your looks.

I would also add the phenomenon of asking about the simplest of things that a Google search could easily lead to. "what does BMR or TDEE mean?"
    I've never understood that through the years no matter the forum subject matter.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone hate me?

Because I don't need to lose weight. I can eat what i want, and I look good. :)

Well, two of those things are true at least.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Please learn to use commas instead of question marks.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Please learn to use commas instead of question marks.

Please learn to use "q's" judiciously and realistically.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'd ad one more category; the person who leaps into the forums shouting that she is here to help, she will give support and motivation since we all need it, and incidentally she is a pitchman for ( fill in here; Herbalife, oil pulling, raspberry ketones, acai berry protein shakes, Dr. Oz favorites, whatever brand of snake oil you like) and let's alll do this together, we CAN DO IT with the constant enthusiastic support from her and the use of her particular favorite product. Ummm.... no.
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    i am offended by this post

its not allowed.

They will throw you to the wolves and call you dinner!!!! I invited 5 people to MFP and 4 of them left because of this rude forum.I just come on late at night when I'm bored at work,but I would probably never post a topic.If you don't agree with the "Cool Kids" You are labeled wrong and practicing Witchery!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

its not allowed.

They will throw you to the wolves and call you dinner!!!! I invited 5 people to MFP and 4 of them left because of this rude forum.I just come on late at night when I'm bored at work,but I would probably never post a topic.If you don't agree with the "Cool Kids" You are labeled wrong and practicing Witchery!

And if you are....so? Who cares about the disapproval of strangers on the internet? Bring on the peasants with pitchforks (yawn).
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options

And if you are....so? Who cares about the disapproval of strangers on the internet? Bring on the peasants with pitchforks (yawn).

Pretty much this^^ =D
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options

Pretty much this^^ =D

Pretty much the rudeness that I speak of,fortunately, I LOVE the IGNORE feature and I wont see your response (which will be rude I'm sure) so don't waste your time.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

its not allowed.

who are these "cool kids" of which you speak?

Oh you mean the people who use science to argue their case and if someone posts something unscientific.... they post and then people (who mostly don't even know each other that well, or even at all) post to correct the science or to point out that it's unscientific, and because they're all saying the same thing and occasionally making a joke, it makes it look like they're a gang of "cool kids" picking on anyone who doesn't agree with them, when really they're just a bunch of random people who happened to post scientifically correct information on the same thread.

Interesting, because when I was at school, being good at science practically excluded you from being considered one of the "cool kids"....

Also, if you post something and people disagree with you, especially lots of people saying the same thing and talking about science, it's not them being mean, it's them trying to give you correct information. That's what this entire thread is about. Being corrected (even bluntly) isn't being mean, it's actually done by people who want you to succeed and don't want you to fail because you believed some of the lie-mongering of someone like Dr Oz or similar who makes a ton of money selling people products that are total garbage but people are willing to believe him and send him money for them because they *want* it to be true....

but if by "cool kids" you mean people who post funny gifs, then that's not an exclusive club or even a club at all, you can join it just by posting some funny gifs and not taking anything on here too seriously. And they're not a gang either, they mostly don't know each other, just join in with the joking around on the threads. No-one's policing this, there's no bouncers that say "you're not one of the cool kids you can't play"
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    OP: I think you should include a category on your report including this phenonmenon, i.e. where people see a bunch of individuals posting funny stuff or agreeing with each other, and they perceive it as some kind of gang, clique or exclusive club, when really it's people who barely know each other, just interacting in a normal way, having a bit of a joke or all agreeing because they just so happen to hold the same opinion, or they all know the same science...
This discussion has been closed.