THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I thought the prison scenes showed the duality of Rick's character to present a whole picture.

I think it was silly to do that during the finale. Most of the fans know he has a dual nature. We know he's sensitive and caring. We don't need a reminder that takes up half the finale. One flashback would've sufficed.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've always loved Carol. I think her character is very dynamic.

Karl doesn't bother me. He's a teenager. He's supposed to be annoying.

Daryl is bad *kitten* and I'm half in love with him.

I called Terminus as being a cannibal society last episode. Ewww. Gross.

I keep going back and forth on Rick. Some shows I like him, some I don't. Usually I think he's too wishy-washy.

WHERE THE HELL IS BETH??????!!!!!!!

Maggie and Glenn are the ones who drive me crazy.

The season finale tonight left me feeling flat.

And finally....WHERE THE HELL HIS BETH????!!!!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I thought the prison scenes showed the duality of Rick's character to present a whole picture.

I agree. The second half of this season has been a lot more about character development. So I think it was good to have the reminder that Rick had tried to embrace a more peaceful, less angry existence. But in the post apopcolypse state they live in it's just not possible.

And where the hell is Beth?
  • amandagetshealthy_
    Options
    I have hated carl from day one...
    my main priority is what happened to Beth!!!!

I never really liked her.. until they set the place on fire. That episode was a game changer!
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that was utterly annoyed by the prison flashbacks in the finale? Seemed like they wasted so much time on that.

Totally agree

I agree with your agreement
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that was utterly annoyed by the prison flashbacks in the finale? Seemed like they wasted so much time on that.

Totally agree

Agreed
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I could have done without the prison flashbacks. I was expecting much more, but it was alright I guess.
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options

I loved it. This entire season is about diving deeper into the characters. So far every character has gotten their own episode to get inside their heads better and see how they've grown. We get so much of crazy rick that sometimes you forget all he went through and who he really is. Plus it was lovely to see Hershel again. Who can be annoyed about seeing more Hershel?

The only thing that annoys me is we have to wait til October again.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Finally Rick blurs the line between biter and human and demonstrates although he is a hot mess, he is capable of the brutality needed to survive in that world. Anyone else notice all the skinned bodies in the gated area of Terminus???

Yeah! Had to rewind a few times to make it out
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options

I loved it. This entire season is about diving deeper into the characters. So far every character has gotten their own episode to get inside their heads better and see how they've grown. We get so much of crazy rick that sometimes you forget all he went through and who he really is. Plus it was lovely to see Hershel again. Who can be annoyed about seeing more Hershel?

The only thing that annoys me is we have to wait til October again.

Agreed ;) Now what are we going to do :( Oh well....Game of Thrones next Sunday it is :)
  • msbhavesalot
    Options

I never really liked her.. until they set the place on fire. That episode was a game changer!

I've never liked Carl either, but he's been more bearable in the last episodes - however I agree about what happened to BETH? Loved the episode when they burned that place down.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I like the season finale….Rick has now gone from peaceful, lay up my gun, farmer to alpha male bad *kitten* I will freaking bite your throat out, gut you like a fish, F your world up ..

I am expecting that Tyrese and Carol are either still out there or are in another rail car with Judith ..my bet would be option 1 and they play some kind of role in springing them ….can't wait for next season …

but yes, game of thrones next!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I loved the further character development, and to see Rick come back to reality (even though I'm really not a Rick fan).... but I think it should have happened way before last night. I'm very annoyed with the way it ended.... well maybe not so much annoyed as disappointed, and now we have to wait 7 months!!!!! UGH.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I think it was silly to do that during the finale. Most of the fans know he has a dual nature. We know he's sensitive and caring. We don't need a reminder that takes up half the finale. One flashback would've sufficed.

I think it was meant to keep us grounded so that we won't forget the good nature of Rick. I do agree that it was excessive, but they said on the Talking Dead that they brought the actor that plays Hershel back for all of those scenes. I think they also wanted to cling a bit to Hershel's memory.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

See, I totally disliked Beth more after that.

This is the apoalypse. Resources are needed. Reliving teen angst for the sake of the fact that we never did just isn't needed or necessary. I know it was supposed to be some symbolic way for Daryl to put his past behind him, but it was just dumb, and completely useless.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is the show's appearance of The Hunters.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I liked the story of the finale, but I feel like the story itself was only 20 minutes. The rest was flashbacks and commercials. Rick did earn a new respect from me. Typically I feel he's a bit of a "woe is me" whiner, but anyone who will use their teeth to take out someone's carotid, then spit it out like it was nothing to protect his kid, scores some badass points.

When they were being herded through Termius with gunfire, did anyone else notice the skeleton on the ground with bits and pieces of remains next to it? Like it was the butchering cage or something.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I've never liked Carl either, but he's been more bearable in the last episodes - however I agree about what happened to BETH? Loved the episode when they burned that place down.

What are you guys talking about, you saw Beth in that episode?

Who do you think was on the grill? :wink:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

See, I totally disliked Beth more after that.

This is the apoalypse. Resources are needed. Reliving teen angst for the sake of the fact that we never did just isn't needed or necessary. I know it was supposed to be some symbolic way for Daryl to put his past behind him, but it was just dumb, and completely useless.

I had no problem with that, it's the end of the world and you're going to die sooner than later, most people won't die of old age so you might as well enjoy it.

As for the finale, I thought it was great to see Rick in a helpless position but still have confidence, the last few seconds were awesome! Can't wait for next season!
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Rick is taking charge again.