What is the saddest user submitted food entry you've seen?

Options

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    l.jpg

Chipotle Quesarito
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Some entries are magically devoid of calories, carbs, protein and fat, which leads me to think some people just log fake foods to kid themselves. That's sadder than taking the frosting (bleh, I'd do this too) off a donut.

^^this drives me batty...ppl are only fooling themselves...your body records every nibble that goes in. These same ones will be starting threads about doing everything right and not losing weight. but then they log cake with no sugar and no carbs....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Somebody choosing to have a doughnut with no icing is "sad"?

Having baked goods made with artificial sweeteners is "extreme"?

I swear, never in my life have I seen such an intense collection of food addicts than here at MFP.

You will also see posts by people glorifying things like HUGE THICK CRUST PIZZA, pie, poptarts, cake, ice cream, all kinds of fast food, etc. etc.

And now I need pizza for lunch...
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This might be old news (sorry, I didn't read the whole conversation). While searching for a hummus entry, I ran across an awful lot of "human" entries. Souls, brains, meat, etc.

Which reminds me, I so rarely accurately record human souls consumed. I just lose track throughout the course of a busy day.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Cat food ?? - yes, hard to come up with an explanation for that one.
    But I suppose the cat could be on a diet, have heard of dogs on diets before.

Oddly enough, I've had a friend, a guy, who ate tin cat food sandwiches and said it really wasn't much different than pâté, and he preferred the tinned cat food. His explanation, he'd grown up poor and it had been a cheap option that he'd gotten a taste for, and said that in the UK the food had to be up to human consumption standards. I never quite believed that last bit.

All pet food has to be safe for human consumption. There are people whose job it is to taste test pet food. The reason for the law is that during hard economic times, such as the great depression, people had a tendency to eat pet food because its cheaper than human food
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I never thought so many people would be so emotional about this post...it is actually the saddest thing I ever saw...MFP is supposed to be for people going for the same goals pushing and supporting each other...but I notice whenever I am in the community that people are just down right hateful and mean on here...I understood the post was meant to be funny...too bad it turned out that everyone just was on the attack about it. So I must say that the people on MFP are the saddest thing I see on here.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the sheer amounts of sadness in this thread. I don't think of myself as a heartless jerk but none of this is "sad" to me...

Movies where puppies die are sad. Terminal illnesses are sad.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Oddly enough, I've had a friend, a guy, who ate tin cat food sandwiches and said it really wasn't much different than pâté, and he preferred the tinned cat food. His explanation, he'd grown up poor and it had been a cheap option that he'd gotten a taste for, and said that in the UK the food had to be up to human consumption standards. I never quite believed that last bit.

All pet food has to be safe for human consumption. There are people whose job it is to taste test pet food. The reason for the law is that during hard economic times, such as the great depression, people had a tendency to eat pet food because its cheaper than human food

Yep. So they say.

I spy Supernatural hotties in your profile pic!

That, combined with the number of human soul/brains etc entries in the food database, makes me wonder how many SPN fans are on here and having a good ol' laugh with the database?! lol
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Yep. So they say.

That, combined with the number of human soul/brains etc entries in the food database, makes me wonder how many SPN fans are on here and having a good ol' laugh with the database?! lol

You've earned a friend request :glasses:
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    thank god...

Human - souls - 0 cals...

You're a ginger, aren't you? Leave my soul alone!! ;)
  • euronorris
    Options

Yep. So they say.

You've earned a friend request :glasses:

Accepted! :)
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can understand just about anything in someone's diary or My Foods tab. But why in the world do they put some of these fictional creations in the main database? :noway:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Potato donut with potato frosting.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    This might be old news (sorry, I didn't read the whole conversation). While searching for a hummus entry, I ran across an awful lot of "human" entries. Souls, brains, meat, etc.

Which reminds me, I so rarely accurately record human souls consumed. I just lose track throughout the course of a busy day.

ya i usually lose track of the human souls i take in...it is just so many of them
  • euronorris
    Options

ya i usually lose track of the human souls i take in...it is just so many of them

Just make sure you don't try to ingest all of purgatory. I have it on good authority that this can lead to wild mood swings and potentially an explosion!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options

Just make sure you don't try to ingest all of purgatory. I have it on good authority that this can lead to wild mood swings and potentially an explosion!

i guess i can cut back and just add human finger, brains, and flesh jerky(yes all in the database) :noway:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Homemade human fingers, 56 calories.
  • euronorris
    Options

i guess i can cut back and just add human finger, brains, and flesh jerky(yes all in the database) :noway:

Mmmmm, yummy!
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    So semen is in the food database but sex isnt in the exercise database??? Why?

look up sexercise...... LOL
  • mbennett024
    mbennett024 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fat-free yogurt.

This irritates me to no end. I can't even find full fat, plain yogurt most of the time because everyone is on the "no fat" bandwagon. :'(