What is the saddest user submitted food entry you've seen?

Options

Replies

• krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of not spacing out the last two words of "oatmeal cream pie". what came up still haunts me to this day.

OMG, I had to look it up. :huh:

me too :embarassed:

I'm mostly surprised by how many calories it has.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Not a food entry but I still always laugh when I think about the thread someone posted asking if you weigh your eggs with or without the shell :laugh:
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through the whole thread, but the first page inspired me to look up a bunch of weird stuff. My favorite thing in the database is now officially "Human - Souls". For your information, one soul is zero calories, so feel free to consume as many as you'd like.

ETA: okay, I read the thread. Apparently I'm not the first to be amused by human souls. Haha.

oh thank you, I was really hungry but don't want to go over my calories for the day... I think I might have some souls now.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Now I need to go look through the database to see what revolting items people have listed...

(I just typed in hair, but alas it was all Angel Hair pasta and Hair and nail supplements.)

(Similarly, 'Dog Food' just brings up hot dogs and corn dogs...)

OH! 'Brains' brings up *Brains - Brains (1.0 servings of 1/2 cup broiled brains is 1720 calories, 65 carbs 65 fats 65 protein, 30 sodium)

How can brains have that much carbohydrate in them? It's high in protein and omega 3s not sure where the carbs come from. Human brains are particularly high in omega 3;s but I wouldn't recommend it because prions. Oh yeah and it's illegal to kill people and eat their brains.

Brains ought to be in there as a legit food though... because humans aren't the only animals that have brains and they're a good source of omega 3s (although check how the animal was farmed, any chance of a risk of BSE or scrapie or other prion disease then don't eat it, but wild or organically farmed animals' brains should be okay). Brains are also good for tanning hides.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of not spacing out the last two words of "oatmeal cream pie". what came up still haunts me to this day.

Dear God...... why did I look that up too...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I kind of like plain donuts. If it saves calories, why not? Not the point of this thread, but I got nothin' else.

wordpress7.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Anything that says "Net carbs" at the end of the entry.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    i try to not worry about what others do, im busy enough worrying about my own shizz.

tumblr_m7643jcWcY1rziwwco1_400.gif

Worrying about it and finding it sad that someone entered it into the database are two different things, imo.

(But thanks for the Crowley gif! :heart:)
  • lunastardust777
    Options
    Human flesh.....enough said

how did this happen and you not freak out^^^^? im not sure if i saw this on someone elses diary that i wouldnt freak out and unfriend them XD
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    I do have to say that Jimbo's hand picked boogers are extremely calorie dense and they have a surprising amount of sodium!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Human flesh.....enough said

how did this happen and you not freak out^^^^? im not sure if i saw this on someone elses diary that i wouldnt freak out and unfriend them XD

I would assume that they were joking and not freak out.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    , "Donut - Frosting Removed". :sad: Why do this to yourself? If you've

I take the frosting off cake..because I don't like it...what if that person doesn't like the frosting..?:frown:
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i try to not worry about what others do, im busy enough worrying about my own shizz.

tumblr_m7643jcWcY1rziwwco1_400.gif

Worrying about it and finding it sad that someone entered it into the database are two different things, imo.

(But thanks for the Crowley gif! :heart:)

So many SPN fans on MFP. Who knew?!

I'm pretty sure that Castiel will warn against the over consumption of souls though. Especially the Leviathan kind!
  • lilliemelissa
    lilliemelissa Posts: 28 Member
    Options

me too :embarassed:

I did also...and checked the serving sizes, which contributed to this uncontrollable urge to ingest a soul on the off chance it might purge the thoughts from my mind! :sick:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

I take the frosting off cake..because I don't like it...what if that person doesn't like the frosting..?:frown:

Would you then proceed to make your own food entry, thinking you are even getting close on the nutritional info?

Or just find cake already there that has no frosty on it already?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

You kick puppies too? :angry:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    I don't like most frosting either - didn't realize this was a crime. :indifferent:
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    "The saddest entries I see have 'no bread'. I love bread. And, yes, I have one or two of those entries from days I was backed into a caloric corner."

I eat stuff without bread all the time because I'm gluten intolerant. It's a necessity, not a sacrifice...just sayin' :)

You beat me to it... nice to see the "no bread" options already entered.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    So we all do our best to try to reduce the amount of calories in the things we like to eat. It might be as simple as putting less sauce on foods, it might be as extreme as baking with sugar substitutes. Sometimes its worth it, sometimes its not, but we've all tried something like that at some point.

Every so often though I run across a user submitted entry that is truly sad. For example, the other week I was searching for an entry for a doughnut I'd eaten and I ran across an entry titled, "Donut - Frosting Removed". :sad: Why do this to yourself? If you've made the decision to eat the doughnut, then eat the doughnut. I'm curious what other horrible food abominations you guys have run across in your fitnesspal travels.

As a corollary, I'd also love to hear any hilariously misguided alterations. For example on many occasions I've seen entries for fast food items logged as "whatever burger - no mayo" which mysteriously cuts the calorie count in half.

The saddest ones I find are Lean cuisine frozen dinners or hot dog with bun for an entire dinner meal.

why is this sad?

Maybe people ate a big lunch or something and are having a smaller dinner.
    maybe they are like me and log something regularly as one meal and then happen to eat it at another time and cant be bothered re entering it - ie I might usually have a banana at lunch and one day happen to have one at dinner - is easier to just log it in lunch entry even though it wasn't - makes no difference to calorie count for the day.

I don't get why people are getting upset at brains being in the data base - I dont eat them myself but crumbed brains (usually sheep, I think) is a relatively common food here.

There were other brains in the data base - but they were among things like gummi brains - surely everyone knows these are just candy lollies, not actual brains.

There are some entries for snakes in my diary - they are lolly snakes, not real snakes :smile:
  • Shell_1384
    Shell_1384 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    After reading some crazy things on this thread like "cat food" and "sperm" I looked up a few other totally weird things out of sheer curiosity.

Crayola chalk is in the database, too. So is Clorox bleach...listed as -9,000 calories....Ya, negative calories...because it will FREAKIN' KILL YOU!!!! Who are the moderators who edit these entries????