A few things no one would guess by your appearance

Options

Replies

• mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have an 18 year old daughter. When I work out, I have to have hard music that's loud and usually contains really foul language.
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    When I was 16 I didn't plan on ever getting married. When I was 18 I got married...
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    And when I was pregnant people would sometimes scowl at me and say "Where's the father? A baby having a baby!" things like that.

One of my friends got that a few times in the doctor's office and even at supermarket when she was 27 and pregnant with her second child! Although to be honest I think she definitely looked 20-something! More than once, rude strangers would ask her things like if she was staying in school to get her diploma. The first time it happened, she was utterly confused and thought the woman meant college or technical school and had mistaken her for someone else, a classmate perhaps. But they truly thought she was a teen mom. As if it would be okay to say things like that to a teenage mother, anyway...but we've had many laughs about it since!!

Good to know I'm not the only one!

When I was pregnant with my daughter (which I found out about not long after the mall incident) I had this older russian lady at work ask me if school was going to let me back in my "current condition" and if I knew who her father was and if my parents kicked me out for disgracing them. I tried super hard to be nice because of who she was but I got upset. And just simply told her I graduated high school almost 3 years before, I lived with my childs dad, not my parents and I was 22...I've never understood why people have to make nasty comments to people.
  • UandI1985
    UandI1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love country music
    I can live on seaweed OR watercress soup
    I was born in West Africa
    I LOVE Harry Potter and one of my favourite movies of all time is The Lion King
    I am a terrible dancer
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of shocked looks when I say I'm an engineer for an open pit mine. Apparently women can't have engineering degrees and work in a male dominated fields.

What really funny is when I worked with the crews guys would come into the office swearing up a storm then see me a go "I'm sorry". I would replie "What for? I don't give a *kitten* if you swear." The poor worker would have to pick his jaw off the ground while the other supervisors would be laughing.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    that i got molested at gun point when i was 15 by a teacher.
    was on the news about it nobody believed me until a few years later.
    when he got caught molesting a kid at the beach in the bathroom
    everyone apologized for not believing me
    he got his face blown off with a shot gun
    i over dosed years later cause its hard to live with when i could of just taken the bullet
    so i don't like watching the news cause this stuff happens all the time and it brings back memories
    that's why i dropped out of school the day i turned 16,only have a 9th grade education
    it's been 23 years and this is the first time I've ever wrote about it on the net
    enough said!!

This almost made me cry. I was molested too and it takes a lot of therapy to start the moving through it. Very brave for telling that story.
  • jeannevdl
    jeannevdl Posts: 33
    Options
    I am a psychologist
    I love working in my flower beds and I love flowers so much I have tiger lilies tattooed on me for my son. *Esp Roses, Lilies, irises and tulips.
    I work two jobs both in the same field (2 different companies)

I love flower dictionary's and their meanings.
    I have been playing viola since I was 6 and I can play tuba too
    I get extremely angry and I'm not so poised when someone doesn't do their job that they are getting paid for.
    I have a feather tattoo behind my ear
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    I love music from the 70s/80s
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i like hotrods and by hotrods i dont mean ricers i mean cars like 70 camaro or a 396 chevy bigblock 69 chevelle

Does a 2013 M3 with a Dinan 4.6 stroker and an ESS supercharger count???
    i also shoot guns, 308, 45, 380, 40, 9mil, ar-15.

I'm pretty sure a Barrett M82 counts here . . . :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm African American and hate with a passion anything associated with Tyler Perry. I almost didn't see Precious because he was associated with it. My friend had to convince me that he was just a producer and had nothing to do with the writing and directing.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Since everyone does two posts in this thread, a few more things people wouldn't guess:
    - I went through a long-haired "hippie of the 00s" phase
    - I went through an intense religious phase
    - I'm obsessed with folklore and mythology
    - I sort of believe in faeries
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I was a gymnast
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    i've been a single mum for 12 yrs
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    That I have been single for 6 years
    That I write poetry
    That at 16 I could bench 65kg my first go but now I am older and starting again I can only bench 20kg
    That I have 13 large and visible scars on my body many of which have keloided
    That I have a brain condition called Hydrocephalus which most people haven't heard of but is more common than Down Syndrome and subsequently I have died and come back to life because of a mishap with this condition.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    That I prefer Rock music to anything slow/quiet - yet I'll turn on Classical Music when I feel overwhelmed

That in High School I was in Orchestra and wish I still played

That I am Wiccan/Pagan - My Hubby is Christian - We're raising the kids as Pagan - Guess I don't look like a typical "Witch"

I have 1 Tattoo w/plans for about 5 more - once I have the funds I'll start on those 5
  • mkcolombia
    mkcolombia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow! I thought I was the only one who had a problem with Popsicle sticks! I'm also grossed out by cardboard sucker sticks

yes!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    ...tons of tattoos/alternative type girl but I vote Republican.

...that I going to be 30. People always assume I am younger.

...that I am 230 pounds. Everyone thinks way less.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Although my skin colour is very similar to a chinese person I am actually a 1/8 Jamaican and 7/8 chinese... Majority of people do not believe me but strangely almost all black females that have come across me know that I am not 100% chinese... probs cause I have slight afro going on in my hair :bigsmile:
  • angelzxy321
    angelzxy321 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    That I built my first computer while still a kid and worked as a computer tech as a teen

That I'm a systems analyst by day and a carpenter by night (I build special order furniture. Started as fun and then people started making requests)

That I did tae kwon do for many years and won all my competitions

That I can throw a grown man over without using much force

And of course that I'm a computer geek - programming, repairs, networking, websites, write games, play games, you name it
  • KapuaK
    KapuaK Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That I am a huge Heavy Metal and Death Metal Fan and I simply love NASCAR! Wow so confused now ;) LOL