Looking for Support/Motivation for Jillian workouts :)

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thanks great idea. I have a yonana machine. A homemade frozen fruit treat. I already have my banana's and berries frozen. I also drink green tea with a little local honey and that can usually help the cravings.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    YEP! In fact, its almost time for my afternoon fruit fix! :) I truly beleive it has helped..I was REALLY good with no sugar before the hollidays..then I baked..I love to bake..just because I truly do..and I kept baking til just afew weeks ago..when that crap is in the house, its tempting...
    I ost weight before..the unhealthy way with HCG..but when I went back to "normalcy" I rationalized bad stuff and overeating by "oh its just once"..but it wasnt..its better if I dont even have anything like that in the house. my kiddo loves treats..and being 13 and playing upteen million sports Im sure he burns off his three cookies in 30 minutes..I dont..LOL..nor does DH..

So, am keeping healthier alternatives to the sugary stuff in the house..
  • DLD53
    DLD53 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone :smile:

It seems like everyone has great ideas for curbing the sugar cravings :D My 'go to' is always fruit (which i know is still sugar) but i do try to stick to berries when i can, sadly they are pretty expensive and go soft pretty fast so they always get eaten quickly! I have yet to try the frozen banana but i'm going to when the weather gets a bit warmer!

Lobster - good luck with your detox, hope you are feeling better on it already :happy:

TX - I find it hard having the food in the house that i don't want to have around too. My children are pretty good and will generally choose reasonably well but they do love chocolate and biscuits too! They never stop moving though so i'm sure it burns off easily and i don't to demonize any kind of food for them. Great job with your workouts - fabulous to add your own moves to them and get a great burn :happy:

How is everyone else doing?

Didn't get my early workout in today as I had a terrible night (nose completely blocked so couldn't breathe) but even if it isn't done with me i am done with this cold and will make sure i workout later :smile:

Lucy - My holiday is to California :bigsmile: taking the children to Disney for the first time and doing all the other tourist things too including a Ghost Town and Joshua Tree National Park. I haven't been for over 10 years so I'm really looking forward to it - last time i went i was obese with not a shred of toning or muscle on show... I remember how hot i used to get because i would hide my wobbly bits (i.e. my entire self) with long clothes! Not this time :bigsmile:

Wishing you all a great Tuesday, I'll set up the group later today and let you all know the link :happy: Di x
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    doubled up yesterday and got froggy and did level 4 ripped this morning..forgot all the Plyometric stuff she throws in there! Was fun though. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Up early and completed workout 4 of ripped in 30. I also managed a 90min walk last night. The weather so beautiful my walking partner and I didn't want stop at our usual hour. doing great on my sugar detox plan but it's only day 2 lol.

So tonight is the night that I get to see Jillian in person. Her maximize your tour in the city and I am going. So excited...I wish I could swing the VIP but probably not.(they may still be an upgrade at the last minute) It should be interesting...I am bringing one of my booklets from her body revolution for her to sign - just in case I get that lucky!!!

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!!
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi TXRanchGirl,

I need to try the morning routine again. It is so hard getting up so early since i have a commute but i agree things often change throughout the day and I don't always workout.

I have been trying to drink more water through the day to help fill me up and stay dehydrated.

How many days do you workout?

Thanks for the support. :)
    Music, Ive found getting up FIRST thing and doing my workout then helps..as my day progresses, my plans may change, I may loose focus. Id rather get it over and know its done..and if I can squeeze an afternoon work in, thats great too!

Lots of water..I did not drink nearly enough before..and I can tell when I havent drank enough now. I use Mio to flavor it..probably not the "Best" but its what works for me. I try to fill half my plate with veggies or fruit at each meal. lean protein..limit my carbs and try to keep sugar away.

I put effort into EVERY workout I do. I focus on my form..even if Im tired, I make sure my form is RIGHT so I get the best burn.

I remember how I felt before and how I feel now..

and I envision certain floozys I know in front of me while doing my kickboxing circuits..now THAT will bring strength forth! LOL
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Music: I try to workout in the morning. I leave for school at 6:30, so yes, I get up at 4:30 am to work out! AHHHH! I remind myself that by doing it in the morning, I don't have to do it when I get home! That's also why I like her 30 min workouts because they're so much easier that early in the morning. I do the longer ones on Saturdays.

**Although I plan to do another 5K at the end of May, so I will be getting back into running when I get home. I hurt my ankle back in Oct and was in PT for over 3 months. I think it's stable enough now. I've done some 15 min walk 1 min/jog 1 min workouts and it's doing well! And I am NOT a runner, sooo yeahhhh....lolol hehe

I will be trying a new program in a couple of weeks---21 Day Fix. Shhhhhhh don't tell JM LOLOL These workouts are 30 min (supposedly LOL) and the program seems to be similar to what I do now with JM! yayyyy!

If anyone would like to be pals, feel free to add. I have a very small friends list. I am very supportive and love support in return :smile:

-Erin

Hi Erin,

Thanks for the response and support. I think i will try and work out in the morning at least a few times a week. I also like the HIT cardio besides Jillian. I like the short workouts too!

How are your workouts going?
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    again ... sounds like I'm THE ONLY guy who does Jillian ... I'm on week 11 of Body Revolution , I cant wait to get a brake from her lol
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey alllll!

Well, did JMBR disc 2 yesterday and it was good. Not a big calorie burner, but I can already feel my biceps getting rippppped LOL hahahaha! No workout today. Wasn't feeling well this afternoon. booooo

Will be doing JMBR disc 3 tomorrow morning and then maybe something else when I get home from work! We'll see :smile:

@fercar: congrats on almost completing body revolution!! it's a great program!!
  • paula5077
    paula5077 Posts: 57
    Options
    Which JM do you do?? She has several. I do the 6weeks 6pack along with BeFit 30 day butt lift. I love it!
  • DLD53
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :D

I started the group :happy: It is called (rather un-originally!) Support and Motivation for JM and other workouts, but any other suggestions greatly received! I have posted a new topic called General Discussion, but of course now we are a group we can post more specific topics for help and discussion :smile:

This is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20707-support-and-motivation-for-jm-and-other-workouts

Looking forward to continuing our great group :bigsmile:

paula - generally i use Shred, Rip, NMTZ and BFBM but i do favour the shorter ones. I'm also using BeFit - their 30 Day Fat burn is pretty good.

chmtastic - sorry you were feeling bad yesterday, but great job on the BR, how was disc 3 today?

fercar - welcome :D I think there are many guys who do JM - my DH included - maybe not so many who also post?! congrats on week 11 of BR - what do you plan to do next?

music - great that you are doing so well with your workouts - I agree it is tough to get up in the morning, but like the others i find if i can just manage to get up and get on with it i feel so much better afterwards and it doesn't matter what happens during the day! How are you doing fitting the extra water in - it is one of my biggest weaknesses! I really must try harder to drink more water!

lobster - so how was Jillian in person? Did you get your booklet signed? I hope you got a lot out of it :happy: Great job with the Rip and the walking...the nicer weather makes such a difference doesn't it!

TX - Great job with L4 RIP - can't say i've ever thought the plyo moves were fun :wink: but they certainly do work :D

How is everyone else doing? Hope you are all having a great week so far...

Good morning here, managed to haul myself out of bed for the first time this week (have had to do afternoon workouts last two days as i just haven't managed) and i'm feeling better for it - although i would like to go back to bed now not work! ::laugh: Really hadn't realised how complacent i had become - using the 3kg and doing all the advanced moves for three days and i can certainly feel it - which i hadn't done for a while until now!

Wishing you all a fabulous day, hopefully see you all over in the group!

Di :happy:

ETA a word missed out!
  • cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Jillian Michaels Fans, glad to see everyone here is still motivated and motivating me...Just started 30 day shred last week for the second go around. I was planning the Hard Body DVD but it wasn't available on iTunes and I couldn't find it in Walmart.

Leaving for Dominican Republic on Friday (booked Tuesday last minute...) so no time to lose 5 lbs before I go away. So I will have to watch what I eat at the buffet so all my hard work isn't entirely gone in one week. Apparently the resort has a decent fitness center so I will have to take advantage of that a few times. Hopefully get a few nice long walks in and theres always the "corny aerobics beside the pool"!

I wish JM was coming to Toronto! I will have to check that actually.....please let us know how your adventure was at her show. She was on our local talk show last Wednesday promoting Bodyshred at Goodlife Fitness and only got a 4 minute timeslot. I thought how rude!! She deserves way more than that. Oh well..

Thanks for reading, have wonderful day :)))))
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Water is GOOD...Its funny..(and I dont log my water on MFP like I should) on weekends, when my water consumption is usually lowest..I can FEEL it..:)..At work at my desk, I am chugging water all day, but weekends at home, I forget to drink my water..except at mealtimes. Remember..if you feel "hungry", drink some water and wait..alot of times its thirst, not hunger.

I workout everyday..I take the approach of my body telling me when I need a day of rest...this doesnt work for all..but it works for me...I try to take one rest day a week though. Some days I will double my workout..or workout in the AM and run in the PM

Slept thru my alarm this AM..so no workout..:(..will try and get it in this evening..if not, its an unplanned rest day..booo!

Sarah
    Hi TXRanchGirl,

I need to try the morning routine again. It is so hard getting up so early since i have a commute but i agree things often change throughout the day and I don't always workout.

I have been trying to drink more water through the day to help fill me up and stay dehydrated.

How many days do you workout?

Thanks for the support. :)
    Music, Ive found getting up FIRST thing and doing my workout then helps..as my day progresses, my plans may change, I may loose focus. Id rather get it over and know its done..and if I can squeeze an afternoon work in, thats great too!

Lots of water..I did not drink nearly enough before..and I can tell when I havent drank enough now. I use Mio to flavor it..probably not the "Best" but its what works for me. I try to fill half my plate with veggies or fruit at each meal. lean protein..limit my carbs and try to keep sugar away.

I put effort into EVERY workout I do. I focus on my form..even if Im tired, I make sure my form is RIGHT so I get the best burn.

I remember how I felt before and how I feel now..

and I envision certain floozys I know in front of me while doing my kickboxing circuits..now THAT will bring strength forth! LOL
  • lobster888
    Options
    The Jillian show last night was great - I think I love her even more!! She talked for more than 2 hours and then answered questions. Very Jillian!!! I got a lot from it. Most of the stuff we really already know.... but just take a step further and do it!!!

So with that said I am on day three of my mini sugar detox and doing well... just a little tired and a little headache that comes and goes. But usually after day three that gets better. Increasing my water today so I will be good for 4 more days. Then I should be back to my clean eating without the hard cravings and I should be able to make the better choices.

I also got up and did my ripped in 30!

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!!
  • CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lobster888 - Nice! I listen to her podcast sometimes, but I'd love to actually listen to her speak. Also, good luck with your sugar detox!

I think I've gone certifiably insane. I doubled up on the 30DS today. Level 3, Day 5...and then I threw in Level 1 switching between 3kg and 1kg weights if I felt like the lighter weights were too easy for the exercise, like the squat rows. I can feel new shin splints in the front and sides of my shins - I think tomorrow's gonna be a rest day.
  • DLD53
    Options
    Morning Everyone :D

I posted in the group already, here is the link for those who haven't seen it..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20707-support-and-motivation-for-jm-and-other-workouts

Ceal - Great job with the doubling, i'm sure after your rest day you'll feel fitter and stronger than ever :D

Lobster - Brilliant that you got so much out of seeing Jillian. Well done with the sugar detox too - i think general consensus with a lot of food and exercise related things are that they get easier (or less difficult) after the first few days :smile: Which RIP level are you doing now?

Sarah - Wish i could be like you with the water consumption :D I think a lot of my problem is that i am usually soooo cold i really don't want a cold drink of any kind and end up having decaff coffee! Hopefully the weather will get better here soon and i'll be chugging away! Hope you got your workout in last night :D

cbraun - Great job re-starting the Shred, I have just re-started L1 too and upped my weights. Awesome that you're off to the Dominican Republic, and a total bonus if you can get some exercise as well as enjoying your holiday :D Hope you have a great time :D

Good workout here this morning - still feeling very challenged since i upped the weights which is great, hopefully my body will respond and i'll have that sixpack in no time :wink: No chance of an extra workout here today as it's my really busy day with work, school, clubs and activities!

Hope you all have a really great Thursday, Di :happy:
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :D

I started the group :happy: It is called (rather un-originally!) Support and Motivation for JM and other workouts, but any other suggestions greatly received! I have posted a new topic called General Discussion, but of course now we are a group we can post more specific topics for help and discussion :smile:

This is the link:

Looking forward to continuing our great group :bigsmile:

paula - generally i use Shred, Rip, NMTZ and BFBM but i do favour the shorter ones. I'm also using BeFit - their 30 Day Fat burn is pretty good.

chmtastic - sorry you were feeling bad yesterday, but great job on the BR, how was disc 3 today?

fercar - welcome :D I think there are many guys who do JM - my DH included - maybe not so many who also post?! congrats on week 11 of BR - what do you plan to do next?

music - great that you are doing so well with your workouts - I agree it is tough to get up in the morning, but like the others i find if i can just manage to get up and get on with it i feel so much better afterwards and it doesn't matter what happens during the day! How are you doing fitting the extra water in - it is one of my biggest weaknesses! I really must try harder to drink more water!

lobster - so how was Jillian in person? Did you get your booklet signed? I hope you got a lot out of it :happy: Great job with the Rip and the walking...the nicer weather makes such a difference doesn't it!

TX - Great job with L4 RIP - can't say i've ever thought the plyo moves were fun :wink: but they certainly do work :D

How is everyone else doing? Hope you are all having a great week so far...

Good morning here, managed to haul myself out of bed for the first time this week (have had to do afternoon workouts last two days as i just haven't managed) and i'm feeling better for it - although i would like to go back to bed now not work! ::laugh: Really hadn't realised how complacent i had become - using the 3kg and doing all the advanced moves for three days and i can certainly feel it - which i hadn't done for a while until now!

Wishing you all a fabulous day, hopefully see you all over in the group!

Di :happy:

ETA a word missed out!

well .... I'm gonna start T25 once I'm done with JMBR ... another 90 days on an intensive program will leave me right on my goals and ready for maintenance
    I may then start lifting complemented with cardio

at least in my head sounds really good lol
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the thread, and just joined the group. :)

I'm looking for info (results) with JM's 30 Day SLIMDOWN rotation. I've tried 30DS in the past but got bored (though it was tough). I have a vacay in ~30 days and I've been thinking of changing my current workout anyways, so thought it might be nice to kick my own butt with 30D SD.

I didn't read through all of the posts here since they seemed to be mostly updates--great job btw everyone!!
    Anyone completed the slimdown/heard reviews? Google isn't really producing too much for me, and neither is the mfp search!

I have bad knees so that's something I struggled with, with 30ds, but I'm hoping by mixing it up it won't be so bad?