Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

Kaye-Way to keep going Onward and Downward!

Susan have you ever walked the I-215 Beltway trail or the Pittman Wash trail?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=I-215+East+Beltway+Trail,+Las+Vegas,+NV&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x80c8cf9e6297316b:0xcda67f3eb4709a0e,I-215+East+Beltway+Trail,+Las+Vegas,+NV+89123&gl=us&ei=7SI7U4roJ6rQ2wXgsoFA&ved=0CCUQ8gEwAA

I think Pittman Wash trail might be close to your house. You will have to copy and paste this links into your browser.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Pittman+Wash+Trail,+Henderson,+NV&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x80c8ce338c9d16cf:0x79d59511f5660a34,Pittman+Wash+Trail,+Henderson,+NV&gl=us&ei=NiM7U4v3IOjg2QWSzoCwAg&ved=0CCUQ8gEwAA

Kelley- That sounds like a great trip, Grand Cayman sounds great, I would like to see Costa Rico also. Hope I get to see some pictures.:bigsmile:

“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” ~Unknown

Tom
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm a newbie to the thread and have been using MFP fairly consistently as of late. I downloaded it a long time ago but only used it a few times. I'm finally back on track and headed downward (hopefully for good). I'm a 45 year old mom who hit her all time high of 224 and finally decided enough was enough. My first big goal is to get under 200 which I unfortunately have not been for many years.
    Just in case anyone is interested, there is a site that has challenges each month. I joined the challenge this month which is a core challenge. Here is the website if anyone wants to take a look. You sign up and they send you a tracking sheet to keep up with doing the exercises every day. They also encourage you to take pictures and measurements before and after to see the difference.
    http://www.eatdrinkandbeskinny.com/30-day-core-challenge/
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Ive just skimmed the posts and will come back to catch up fully later.

@RobinB... In order to increase your calories for weight loss you would need to do a TDEE reset. It can take several weeks and you WILL gain, but then once you are all evened out, you start to lose at the higher level of calories. Scary for sure, not for everyone. Luckily I didn't restrict my calories in the past so I was able to start without needing to reset. The EM2WL group has instructions on how to do it. I also think you are right about the fibtbit adjustments... it learns from you and has an expectation of your calorie burn throughout the day so if you slow down or have not moved as much as usual it has to subtract from what was estimated. I have unsynced fitbit and MFP. I log food here, and exercise on fitbit (I log exercise here too but just ignore the numbers and eat to what I have custom set for my TDEE).

@Nettie: wall sits are where you lean your back up against a wall, with your legs as close to 90 degrees as possible (I can't do this yet) as if you were sitting in a chair. The tops of your legs and possibly glutes will burn. I think it's a strength move. I started at 10 seconds and got up to 45 seconds. It is very hard. I do believe the planks would be better, they work all the core, tops of legs, chest, tops of arms. I am starting today at 20 seconds today, adding 5 seconds each day, or at least as much as I did the previous day (no going backwards).

AFM: My goals for this month are:

1. Increase my protein intake from 100-110 g per day. This is going to be hard... I ve been getting 110g but not every day. Is the requirement 1g of protein for each lb of lean body mass? I'm at 110.1 LBM
    2. Continue at physio 3 days per week, with at least two more active days per week.
    3. Week of April 13th I am taking an exercise break and eating at TDEE based on no work ( im on vacation) and no exercise... 2300 cals per day (averaging inactive weekend days from Fitbit) I can eat back walking/hiking calories per HRM.
    4. Week of April 20th I am taking a "diet" break and eating at TDEE with regular activity level.... 2700-3000 cals per day(TBD- have not done calculations yet)
    5. Will perform 1 plank per day, and add 5 seconds each day, or at least not do less time than previous day.
    6. I will aim high and set a goal for 5 lbs lost this month (214 lb) , though not sure I will lose on the 2 break weeks.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @Tanya - I read a lot of info on the EM2WL Group forums. I've declined the reset for two reasons, 1. I think I will crash and burn if I gain weight, 2. I don't think that I was at an incredibly low deficit for that long. My mind is thinking that if I do baby steps toward reaching my BMR, it will eliminate the need for the reset. Maybe I am being foolish, but I know me and any type of weight gain would be detrimental to my health, literally!! :laugh:

I definitely appreciate your input, so thank you!! :flowerforyou: (Feel free to say "I told ya so" if this backfires on me!) :laugh:

On a better note, I have improved my time on the treadmill!

Tuesday, 3/25 - 2.53 miles in 60 mins
    Thursday, 3/27 - 2.70 miles in 60 mins
    Tuesday, 4/1 - 2.88 miles in 60 mins.

I have 5 1/2 weeks to get to 3.1 miles in 60 mins or less. I can do this!! My plan is to continue on the treadmill thru April, then hit the road, literally, to test my time on the pavement for the final week or so before The Color Run.

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Tuesday. Goals. Here are my goals for April:

*30 day plank challenge
    *Remind myself everyday why this is important to me:
    *I want to join my kids in their activities, not just watch.
    *I want to be healthy so I can enjoy my grandchildren someday
    *I want to look hot for my husband
    *I want to never worry again whether I will fit somewhere
    *Drink my water...my goal is to make my water goal at the minimum of 5 days a week
    *Work out with my trainer once a week but be at the gym a total of 3-5 days a week
    *Figure out what my calorie intake should be. I'm with Robin B and am afraid of really going up in calories, but what I'm doing isn't working. Based on my weight, age and activity level my tdee is approximately 2868. If I subtract 30% that means my calories should be right at 2000. That seems very scary to me...but I'm going to try it. In order to know if that works or not, I need to be very dedicated to meeting my calorie goal. I have a birthday in April that I will probably be drinking in celebration for and possibly a trip back to SD so I'm going to try to be really good and hit at least 25 days in April.

@L2T...I can't wait to be overweight!! Your hard work is paying off. You will succeed.
    @Aimee...Mother Nature always has her own plans doesn't she?
    @Kaye...control the BLTs? Are we talking the sandwiches? Congrats on the new low.
    @Kelley and L2T...travel. I agree, I need more money. :ohwell: Since I've had my big trip this year and either building or buying a house, my "girl weekend" with my best friend is going to be low key. We are heading to Nebraska to float down the Niobrara river and see what else we come up with.
    @Robin B...I plank on the floor at home. I'm a newbie at it and the 20 seconds today was REALLY hard. My trainer says that if I stay focused on it, that I'll be surprised at how quickly I'll get better at it.

AFM. Met with the trainer today and she killed us!! I had a sharp pain in my side and she had me take some extra rests. Our workout was 45 minutes but I did have to finish my burpees at home later after a significant rest. I just absolutely could not do them while there. Kristen and I plan on doing this workout again on Thursday and Saturday. Wish me luck!!! Now I'm going to go chug a glass of water so I can meet my goal today. :devil: :drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys-
    I can't believe it's already 10:30! I will need to keep the personals short.

@robinB--others have already said most of what I was going to say. I have learned through trial and error that my body is basically on a 3 week delay. What I do this week will impact my scale in about 3 weeks. So yes, patience, Grasshopper. :flowerforyou: Finding the right calorie allowance to sustain activity and achieve weight loss can be tricky. I'm a little confused b/c it sounded like you are eating under your BMR when you said, "I don’t have the courage to completely up my calories to my BMR as I just can’t see the math working out to a loss." Your BMR is the minimum calories your body needs to function assuming you are completely sedentary--as in lying in bed not moving all day long. To my knowledge eating below that amount is not a good idea. Perhaps I misunderstood though. Regardless, I can completely relate to the frustration you are experiencing--I have been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for a year now. :ohwell:

@laurie--I think you are making the right decision to skip the April tri. If you know you won't have the time to commit to the training, why stress yourself out? Train for June--it will be here before you know it!

@nettie--I know there was a big news story a few weeks ago during ISAT testing in Chicago Public Schools b/c a few teachers were refusing to administer the tests. There was a lot of media hype and I think a larger percentage than usual of the students opted out due to the publicity and parents supporting the teachers. Our state testing is the PSAE which takes place later in April, but I haven't heard anything about students opting out at my HS.

@L2T--I don't think you can display both numbers on one ticker, but I know a lot of users have 2 tickers (usually one for weight and one to track mileage). I bet you could make a 2nd ticker with your "pounds to go." I'm not sure how to display both, but they usually make the 2nd one through a separate site--I think it's called tickerfactory.com. Maybe that site has instructions for how to display it? I did NOT notice the powdered milk on TWD! I think I will probably re-watch the finale this weekend to look for anything else I may have missed!

@kaye--woohoo for the new low!! :drinker:

@hansea--making lunches ahead of time is key for me as well. :smile: Oh, and I could definitely use more sleep as well!

@rain--I have the same struggle with balancing time for exercise with schoolwork (except my schoolwork consists of grading). It's the reason I originally started listing my exercise plan for the week. I found that if I didn't do so, my tendency was to forgo exercise to grade. I still do that sometimes (for example, today :blushing: ), but if I schedule the time to exercise, I'm much more likely to follow through. I think with your race this weekend, you are better off taking the next 3 days as rest days--I guarantee it will not hurt your time. If anything, you'll have a much better run--please trust me on this.

@ushkii--yay for the loss and the great week! Here's to another! :drinker:

Tuesday Goal:
    Met my goal of staying under calories today and even "banked" 245 for my dinner out tomorrow night. It's at Biaggi's Italian restaurant, and I have no idea if there will be a set menu or if we will get to choose our meals. They have a "lighter side" menu with calorie counts, so I plan to print that and take it with me. Hopefully, I will be able to choose some of those options. Regardless, I will make the best choices I can, log diligently, and make up for any overage at the gym on thursday. I'm also packing a lighter, very low carb lunch for tomorrow.

As I mentioned above to rain, I skipped the gym to grade, but I did take gunner for an extra long walk after work, and I did my wall sit and plank to get my baseline. I'm at 30 seconds for the plank and 25 for the wall sit, and like others I plan to try to increase by 5 seconds each time (or at least meet the previous time).

Grading Goals:
    1. 45/70 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE (graded instead)
    Wed--rest day
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--run outside w/ gunner

Wall sit = 25 sec
    Forearm plank = 30 sec
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @Tanya - I read a lot of info on the EM2WL Group forums. I've declined the reset for two reasons, 1. I think I will crash and burn if I gain weight, 2. I don't think that I was at an incredibly low deficit for that long. My mind is thinking that if I do baby steps toward reaching my BMR, it will eliminate the need for the reset. Maybe I am being foolish, but I know me and any type of weight gain would be detrimental to my health, literally!! :laugh:

I definitely appreciate your input, so thank you!! :flowerforyou: (Feel free to say "I told ya so" if this backfires on me!) :laugh:

On a better note, I have improved my time on the treadmill!

Tuesday, 3/25 - 2.53 miles in 60 mins
    Thursday, 3/27 - 2.70 miles in 60 mins
    Tuesday, 4/1 - 2.88 miles in 60 mins.

I have 5 1/2 weeks to get to 3.1 miles in 60 mins or less. I can do this!! My plan is to continue on the treadmill thru April, then hit the road, literally, to test my time on the pavement for the final week or so before The Color Run.

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:

Hi robin--just saw this after posting my last personals. I guess I'm really confused about how you are figuring out your calories. How can you be doing EM2WL but also be eating under BMR? Especially if you are working out a lot? Are you eating under BMR but then eating back exercise calories? Please don't think I'm saying you are doing it wrong--I'm just really confused b/c my current BMR is 1600, but under EM2WL I would be eating almost 2000 ( = my TDEE -15%). I'm trying to wrap my brain around the numbers (I'm an English teacher = math challenged :laugh: ).
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Newlings - Welcome! This is a great thread; the people on here are great for advice, support & encouragement. Come back often.

@Susan – thanks for your kind words the other day about my son, I appreciate the support. By the way, you are welcome to stop here for some free accommodation when you do get around to visiting Australia. Bendigo has some great gold mining/Chinese history locations to visit, not to mention some great eateries.

@JNettie – glad to hear the floor worries are almost done with. Will be so exciting when you can just enjoy your home. Am keeping you in my prayers re the jobs, when do you hear?

@tlh – thanks re the ‘teenage sons’ comment – everyone here just rolls their eyes at what their sons’ have been up to. We have a magnet on our fridge “Raising teenagers is like trying to nail jello to a tree”. An unfortunately apt description I think. LOL. Good on you for working out even without the trainer.

@Lives – attitude will get you to your goal weight. This is not a road with a destination, unfortunately when we get to our goal we just have to keep on going to maintain it. YOU can do it! Actually, scratch that, you ARE doing it!!!!! I loved reading that you have now lost more than 100lb – amazing. Being just overweight sounds good to me, I fall into the morbidly obese category still.

@hansea – 20 pounds is amazing – whether you won or not! Congrats on a great loss & the new jeans.

@rain – You are on the right track, keeping a track of calories & planning exercise. It will happen.

@RobinsEgg – Glad to hear you are getting to the pool. I know how hard it is to exercise/lose weight when your health gets in the way.

@Tom – Great pic of you, Susan & Laurie. A great idea to meet up like that.

@skinny – Should you make it to Australia one day look me up, you are very welcome to stop a few days with us if we are near anything you may want to see. As I said to Susan, Bendigo is a great place to visit. If it helps, we have Kangaroos on our block every day! Like you I made the choice to re-check my calorie allowance and plan to be below it every day for April.

@Kaye – loved the NSV!

AFM –

I know its Wednesday, but I’ve got to tell you my latest NSV – I went to pull on some 3/4 jeans the other day & the pair I had been wearing before Christmas literally fell down after I did them up. There I was standing in front of my mirror with my jeans puddled around my feet!

APRIL RENAISSANCE- FIGHTING COMPLACENCY…

I made the choice to re-set my calorie allowance and am committed to being below it every week (ie 7 day average) for April. It’s a bit confusing when it sets my daily limit at 1200, and posts on my timeline that I’ve come in below my goal, but tells me I’ll end up in starvation mode if I don’t eat more LOL!

While I’ve always said I’m not in a hurry here I am starting to get a bit frustrated. I had wanted to be at 100kg by mid June (my birthday) but now I look like I won’t make it, so this renaissance idea has come at the right time for me.

Happy day all,
    Naomi

April goal 1 – Be below calorie goal (weekly, WED to TUE) 0/4
    April goal 2 – Lose minimum 3 kg for the month
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @hansea - I know how you feel about Spring cleaning. I spent yesterday afternoon/evening cleaning out my closet. I ended up with 3 bags of clothes for Goodwill and lugged the practically new winter stuff upstairs for storage with plans to consign it in the fall. I then ordered a couple pair of capris for summer since most of the old ones I had were already too big. I even cleaned out my shoes and got the remainder into clear plastic boxes so I can actually see what I have. I don't want to go in there and mess it up. It's just so perfect right now.

@kaye - Yay for a lower weight! Below 170 sounds like a dream to me.

@nettie - I toyed with the idea of studying art history in college and then I caved and was a business major. I did take a few art history classes and loved them. Your March stats are amazing. I haven't done anything but weigh myself, but I kinda wish I had. I also wish I had kept a pair of my fat pants so I could get one of those pics showing how I could now fit 2 of me in them.

@kah - Thanks for the recommendation on cruise lines. I want to do the Canada/NE one you're thinking of in the fall. Does it end in Montreal or Quebec? It will most likely not be this year unless my oldest DD opts for that as her 30th birthday trip. She's leaning more towards Bermuda right now. Guess I'd just have to suck it up and cruise there with her. Life is so hard. :)

@robinb - Don't get discouraged. You're still fairly new to all this and doing what I had to do: trial and error. It took me a while to figure out not only what works for me, but what is sustainable. There is no magic one size fits all method for weight loss. Take your time and be kind to yourself while you do it. You've lost 17 lbs. That's 17 more than you would have if you hadn't started on Jan 7. Celebrate than and keep going!

@robin - Wednesday wish for you that the increased meds make a difference. Your tenacity in the face of pain is a true inspiration.

@tom - Your quote bears repeating: “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” ~Unknown

@tlh - Love your April goals!

@skinnyjeanz - Thanks for the ticker advise. I'll check it out.

@naomi - Your fridge magnet says it all. My kids are grown, but I remember the challenges of 2 teenage girls. Only encouragement I can give you is that having grown kids (with whom you can have an adult relationship) is amazing. And YAY for jeans that are too big!

AFM - The weather was amazing yesterday. I took my dog on a long walk after work and soaked in all that sunshine. It's so pretty today, I'm going to put up the umbrella and work outside on the patio. My weight is stable at 194.2, so I know I have permanently made it to my 100 lb lost goal. Next up.... 180. Hoping to get there by my 1 year MFP anniversary on 6/14/14.

April Renaissance - Fighting Complacency:

At or under Calorie goal: 1/1

Exercise Goals:

Saturday - 3 mile minimum walk DONE
    Sunday - Rest Day DONE
    Monday- Cardio/Weights/Stretch (missed due to electrical issue)
    Tuesday - Yoga DONE
    Wednesday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
    Thursday - Pilates
    Friday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish- That I could get my mind set right and stop feeling sorry for myself on a daily basis.

I have been MIA because I can't deal with all the stress I have going on right now without eating and then I beat myself up for pigging out. It was my birthday over the last weekend of March and only 1 friend wished me a happy birthday even though they all knew when it was and were invited to gathering at my house. I have decided to release myself from these type of friends they don't support or bring positive things to my life . I also realized my car is going to cost way more to fix than I have funds for right now even with my son's help. On top of that my son is still in jeopardy of not graduating in June.Then the pizza delivery guy left the front gate open and we almost lost our dog.

So my goal for April is to say one positive thing about myself, my life, my friends and family, my job each day. Plus get in a walk everyday now that the weather is getting better.
  • pashunrose39
    pashunrose39 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel alone in my struggle to lose weight. I can't seem to get rid of these love handles. It's driving me nuts. I miss my support group.

Been eating a lot of oatmeal this week. Heart healthy and low in calorie. Exercise still eludes me. Trying streching to loosen up my limbs. Need to do some more unpacking from my recent move. Just no motivation. Where is my support. Desparate for the confirmation I need.

Last night I made some mexican rice that turned out really good. My family was quite happy with it. It was low in calories and a delicious way to end the day. My goal for the week is to at least lose another 2lbs. I think I can do it. I walking my Daisy Mae everyday about 4 times a day. She keeps me moving which is a good thing. Maybe I'm doing better than I thought in some areas. I wish, though, that my husband would quit making desserts. Too tempting. That's what I mean by support system gone. He's stopped supporting me. He's even talking about women that are over weight in a negative way not realizing that it bothers me. Don't know what to do to make him understand that it is quite bothersome to me because I am still struggling with my goal to lose weight. Any suggestions?

Thankful that I have this site to go to for any help and suggestions needed. Sometimes, I still feel rather new to all this craziness of my life to lose the much needed weight loss. I guess I'm repeating myself. Can't help it though. I've been struggling for years. I used to be so thin that people were jealous. My family has been so surprised at the weight I've gained over the years. It hurts when people ask me if I'm pregant or when am I due. Tears just roll down my checks. Ready to find that thin, healthy girl inside that I know is there somewhere. Being on loads of medicine doesn't help. I so want to be off all this medication. So many of them have side effect of weight gain. How can I lose weight when my medicine makes it more of a struggle? So lost on my journey to lose weight. Rant over. Thanks for listening.
  • Mflatford
    Options
    New to this board. I to need to loose 100 lbs. Struggling right now with a 3 lbs up and 2 lbs down kind of couple of weeks. Just can't seem to get the numbers to reflect how I have been eating. Trying the low-carb thing because I have done the just watch the calories and carbs (but not super low) and it has just not really paid off in the past. even though I am eating virtually no carbs in a meal my blood sugars are still running high. Just as high or higher than when I wouldn't even pay attention to the carbs. Makes me think why bother. So sick of eggs for breakfast also. Had a protein shake this morning to do something different and starving by 10am. To add to the frustration a friend announced she is having weight loss surgery and she has never really tried to loose weight but now she will have the great results before I even start seeing any. Now I know she will have a very difficult time maintaining it because of her personality and lifestyle but it is still frustrating. Not knocking those that have had surgery (please do not interpret it that way) I plan to support her fully and never mention my feelings to her. Just really frustrated.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @RobinB- It took me about 6 months to work up to the 38 minutes. You'll get there!

@Robinsegg- No, I'm not a college student. Thank goodness. I've been out for almost 2 years, 4 years from my undergrad. I completely agree with the high protein snacks though. I find that whenever I'm hungry, protein usually satisfies that hunger.

@lives- 101! Awesome job!!! :)

@walkingqueen- so from what I've read, your friends aren't the best friends. One of the biggest things that was beneficial to my weight loss was a positive attitude, and having supportive friends/family. My family still doesn't quite understand, but they try.

AFM-

Thanks everyone for the congrats! :)

Weighed in this morning at 209.6, so I think I'm free of the teens! (Or at least we will see tomorrow.) This week the weight has just poured off, which is really what I needed after TOM visiting, and seeing no change for two weeks. 4.6 pounds til 100. I'm in full on countdown mode!

I went on WetSeal.com yesterday and saw they had a 50% off your entire order. What did I do? Bought clothes, of course. I got a pair of 11/12 jeans (Which won't fit yet, but hopefully in a month or two!) and then I got 5 tank tops and 5 pairs of athletic/lounging shorts (Also too small right now). All of that for under $40. W00T! The jeans alone were 32.00.

Aaron is taking me to BDubs tomorrow on a date, and I'm pretty excited. I've been under my calories every day, and I'm going to work out tomorrow morning, but I fully admit I'm getting some bbq wings, ranch dressing, buffalo chips with cheese. om nom nom. It'll be so delicious!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Happy World Autism Awareness Day! I will be showing my support by proudly wearing blue today. :happy:

Brian and I went out for a nice long walk last night. It was so beautiful out and the majority of the snow melted. Brian said he noticed I was walking a lot faster than I normally do. I didn't realize it, I just though I was going at a nice pace. :bigsmile: Since my knee has still been a bit achy on and off I decided it would be best to take this week off of C25K until I am feeling better.

Lives - I did not notice the powdered milk. I am going to have to go back and rewatch it!

Kah - That could be it. I wish when I sync it that it would just log my calories burned up until that point not estimations this way it doesn't go back and change it on me. I definitely have not been as active lately as I have been in past months, I just seem to lack motivation on the exercise front. I am working on changing that. Hopefully with the nice weather, which puts me in a good mood, I will have more energy and motivation and things will even out with Fitbit.
    Brian and I were in BJs a few weeks ago and they had Bosu Balls. I was tempted to buy one. One of my good friends works out with one and is always raving about it. I decided not to buy it though as it was $99 and couldn't justify the expense when we needed floors. :ohwell:

RobinB - I am right there with you. I've mentally been in a funk lately. Like I mentioned to Kelley, I am hoping with warmer weather coming I will have more motivation to get outside, be more active and snap out of my ho hum attitude. It felt really good getting out last night for the walk. I was so energized when I came home!

Pashun - I know how difficult it is to lose a furbaby. I emphasis with what you and your family are going through. I wish there was something I could say or do to take away your pain. Hang in there and take one day at a time. I hope your daughter is ok.

Tilda - Welcome!

Tanya - Thanks for the info on the wall sits. They sound interesting. I am going to get up in a bit and see if I can do them.

Naomi - I didn't get a chance to speak to the other teachers about the jobs yesterday as it was a hectic day. My aides were talking about it yesterday. From what they were saying was the will begin to conduct the teacher interviews first and determine who the teachers will be before conducting the aide interviews. My aides were spitting out all sort of dates yesterday that I know were incorrect. I am not sure how long the interview process will take but I would imagine they have everything sorted out by early May.
    Congrats on the NSV. Good thing you were in the comfort of your own home rather than in public when that happened. :laugh:

Lives - When I went for my undergrad my school has everyone pick what they call an area of concentration (minor). So while my degree was in early childhood education I was able to minor in art. At the time of me picking it I had thought about coming an art teacher and pursuing a masters in art. In hindsight, I should have minored in speech. (I work with a lot of nonverbal children and am extremely fascinated with it.) I loved all the art classes that I took. I had to take a lot of art history classes as well as studio classes. My work was displayed in a few school art shows as well!
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    Sorry for being MIA for a while but life got a little hectic for us these past few weeks. Work for me has been unusually busy lately with a lot of late winter/ early spring babies being born. Management is keeping us busy with new classes and committees that they want us to be a part of as well and I’ve spent extra time doing those. Hubby has gotten a promotion into management at work which is Great, but it also means that his hours have changed from 36-ish hrs/wk, to 50+ hrs/wk so we have been like ships passing these last few weeks. I’ll be glad when he gets finished with his training so his hours will hopefully get more consistent.
    When last I posted, I was heading to my Mom’s for the weekend and was worrying about finding her a new stove. Well, when I got there, she already had a new one in place so no appliance shopping for us! YAY! While I was there I got a call from my doctor about my lab work. My numbers were GREAT! I dropped my A1C from 6.5 down to 5.7 and back into the pre-diabetic range! Isn’t it funny how when you start doing what the doc tells you to do that it actually works? Go figure! LOL! :tongue:
    I’ve had some ups and downs with the eating, I had a cheat day and ate what felt like a small child’s weight in sushi, I definitely cured that craving to the point I doubt I’ll have sushi in any form or amount for quite a while. A coworker brought fresh, warm Krispy Kreme glazed donuts to journal club one morning, and the smell lured me into eating one. I so wanted another but went to the side of the room far, far away from them and was able to fend off that monster. :devil:
    I splurged on myself this month and bought a FitBit Flex. How on earth did I ever live without this beauty?!?! I know that it's not perfect with my steps, but It's SO Much closer than anything else I've ever tried! Now I need friends on there to keep me motivated!
    I had a Great NSV this week. I was faxing a copy of my DL to the state board for citizenship verification (again) and happened to see that I officially weigh LESS than I told them I was when I last renewed! WOOT! Talk about lifting one’s spirits!
    I’m going to try to get caught up on all the thread happenings today and maybe do some personals later. Until then…

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!

:flowerforyou: Jenn :flowerforyou:

OH! I almost forgot my Wednesday Wish… My wish is that all our calories magically disappear tenfold from our bodies and we reach our weight loss goals as easily as we reached our heaviest weights, just a heckuvalot faster!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    March Goals:
    24/31 - days 10 glasses of water or more
    0/4 - weeks of a new recipe
    26/31 - Either a salad or at least 3 veggies/day or both
    Exercise Goals:
    8/12 - Walk 3 days/week
    11/8 - Home workout x30 min. 2 days/week
    Wow! I actually did better than I thought I did with the March challenges!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    April Renaissance: Stay Positive! Never Give Up! You CAN Do This! NOW GET UP AND MOVE!
    Diet Goals:
    1/30 – Increasing Protein (at least 80g/day)
    0/30 – Drink 12 Glasses H2O/Day
    0/3 – Lose at Least 3# this month! Starting wt: 270.7

Exercise Goals:
    0/14 – Walk 3 days/week
    0/9 – Home Workout 30min 3x/wk
    1/30 – Wall Pushups Starting: 20 reps. / Ending: ? reps.
    1/30 – Wall sits Starting: 20 sec. (and it Wasn’t pretty! Ack!) / Ending: ? sec.
    1/30 – Get at Least 6,000 steps in everyday!
    0/30 – Days with 10,000 steps or more
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @Karen – You are not the only one confused! I am actually not doing EM2WL in its true form because it scares the living (fill in the blank) out of me. Though, I am taking baby steps toward it and it could very well backfire on me and be the sole source of my frustrations right now. I guess I am taking bits and pieces of things that makes sense and what works for me and losing patience when nothing seems any different. But, like you and Kelley have pointed out, I need to give it more than a week or two to REALLY see if anything is different. None-the-less, here are my numbers:

According to the Scooby calculator (TDEE – 15%):
    1823 – BMR
    2187 – TDEE
    1859 – Calorie goal

According to my Fitbit (based on a month worth of averages) and what I have been doing for the last two weeks:
    1878 – BMR (Average of a month of Sundays, my lazy days when I am likely to take <500 steps)
    2253 – TDEE (Average of a month of weekly averages from the weekly report)
    1480 – Calorie goal (MFP based on Lightly Active lifestyle, plus my intent is to eat back a portion of exercise calories)

When I started, I initially chose the Sedentary option (1240 calorie goal) so the Lightly Active option I have now selected seems to be a close “meet in the middle” target with Sedentary option (1240) and my Fitbit BMR (1878).

So now, in spelling out my math, I pulled a report (here on MFP) of my calorie consumption and even though I have changed my goal settings to 1480 daily calories, I have reached or exceeded (with exercise calories) it only 3 times in the last two weeks. I’ve averaged about 1320 in the last week (high being 1680 and low being 1087). As you can see, I am struggling to even reach the 1480 calories. It would be a nuclear meltdown for me to try to eat 1859 calories EVERY DAY! :explode:

I read somewhere (maybe in one of the EM2WL forums) that I should maybe set an alarm to go off every few hours when I should EAT! Sometimes, I am just not hungry, and other times maybe I am cutting back unnecessarily. Maybe there is no need to cut out the mayonnaise on my sandwiches!! :laugh:

@Lives – You are absolutely right, I am definitely at least 17 pounds lighter (I could have GAINED) than if I hadn’t started this journey back on 1/7/14!! Thanks for that reminder! :flowerforyou:

@Nettie – We are in this together girl! We seem to have really pushed each other this past week on Fitbit and I like it! Let’s keep this up! :tongue:

:heart: :heart: Thanks everyone for your input! I can’t say enough how much I appreciate everyone for chiming in! :heart: :heart:
    The support here is overwhelming and I love it!! :flowerforyou:

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: My wish is there was no such thing as sweets – cookies, cakes, brownies, ice cream, candy bars, and the list goes on and on. I’m definitely realizing this is my trigger foods and I really can’t have them around. Simple as that. Also, I’m in on the April Renaissance Challenge. I’m already doing a squat challenge with gym folks (50 to 300 in April). I plan to stay under calories 20/30 days. I should strive for more, but I am on a 7 day cruise for vacation – LOL!!! I want to include the planks too. I actually enjoy them and they make me feel so much stronger. Core work is so crucial.

@ Kelly – I think our room is L301 or something like that. We love having the balcony and being on the Lido Deck. Like you said it’s near everything. If the pool area is too crowded, which does happen a lot. Cyrus will often take his pizza right back to the room, sit on the balcony and eat there. We’ll order breakfast in and eat on the balcony. I’ll often sit out there to read so it’s worth the couple extra $$ for a balcony for us. The Alaska trip sounds awesome. I just don’t think I could take a full 2 weeks from work. One week of vacation is tough enough.

@ Tanya – I’m doing a squat challenge with my trainer’s trainees, but planks are a good one too. I was up to 3 minutes at one point, but the arms were shaking for sure!!!

@ Aimee – I heard OH got snow. Nuts!!! I’m glad you did an alternative though and still did it. I’m so proud of you. Great time!!!

@ Karen – I’m going to be dragging you ALL over. I’ve confirmed 3 events for us. We’ll start at Wrigley in a rooftop courtesy of Wrigley (not the ball park, but the gum people – LOL)!! From there, we’ll head to Navy Pier in the Grand Ballroom it’s the Food Arts BBQ (free bites and alcohol) and then to Soldier Field for Menu Quest, which is with a guest chef again small bites and signature drinks. I’ll cover the taxi’s since I can expense it. I figured with the walking in between we’ll walk off our bites and adult beverages. Can’t wait!!

@ Laurie – Definitely Lake Mead on your next visit. I know you had a lot coming up and there’s no sense adding any additional stress for training if you don’t have too. With the end of the school year approaching too, I know there’s a lot you’re juggling.

@ Rain – I’m sooo proud of you for not selecting comfort food, but working out. Good for you!!!! This is such a hard lesson to learn, which I battle almost every day. No joke.

@ Hansea – I do so much better when lunches are packed the night before. No matter how early I get up the mornings always seem a little crazy. Anything I can get accomplished the night before is huge for me.

@ Kaye – Woo Hoo!!!!!

@ Nettie – I forgot, but how tall are you? I was looking over your measurements and mine look almost exactly the same. No joke!! I just don’t think I’m losing from the ta-ta’s as much. I never do for some reason. One of the first things I’m going to do when I do lost this weight is surgery. I want them gone!!!!! LOL!!

@ RobinB – I’ve done the forearm planks like Kelly mentioned, but for whatever reason my trainer had me doing the full arm. I don’t know if it’s easier or not, but that seems to work for me. I basically am up on all fours, on toes, flat back. If I need a rest, I drop a knee for a few seconds and get back into position. I would try them both ways and see what’s comfortable for you. Also, nice increase on the treadmill. Baby steps. You’ll be at 3.1 before you know it!!!

@ Tom – Yes, the Pittman Wash is my go to trail. Once I leave my subdivision, Westwood Village, I normally go down Pecos, Robindale, GV Pkway to the wash and back up to Legacy Park. The whole circle is 4 ½ miles.

@ Tilda, @ Mflatford – Welcome!

@ Naomi – Thanks for the invite!!!! I’m going to save this post and hold you to it!! LOL!!! Also, congrats on the NSV, which is awesome!! So what size in U.S. terms does a 3/4 stand for? Just curious more than anything. I’m so happy for you!!!

@ Queen – I’m sorry I missed your birthday. I didn’t know, but I do want to say HAPPY BELATED! It sounds like the past few weeks have been rough. Hang in there. There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel. It’s just some tunnels are long than others.

@ Pash – That’s why we’re here to listen, give cyber hugs and push you along.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Not much motivation to work today so here I am sitting on my phone in the car and still over an hour of delivery left to get done.

@RobinB... First of all, 17 lbs since January is fantastic! You are difiniteky doing something right.
    I don't want to confuse you any more but I did notice that you said your BMR was 1800 ish by taking fitbit stats from fitbit. That is not BMR, that is TDEE for a lazy day. My lazy days are about 2300, but my BMR is about 1653. BMR is just if you did nothing but sleep for 24 hours.

Just thought I would mention that. Is your weight stalling? Your weight loss to date is impressive.

Well, better get back to work. :sad:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    So many people I want to respond to but don't have to ability right now to do so.

Kah - I have continued to miss commenting on your wonderful stories of your cruises - love it all and want to slip into your suitcase next time. Wish I had the money or a travel companion to go with - it sounds like such a pleasurable time and so relaxing!

Kaye - WOOT! you just slipped that announcement of your weight loss in there - Many Congrats ! :flowerforyou:

RobinB - I do applaud your studious efforts to get your diet right! Man, I could not figure that stuff out even if I had a math degree. I get lost just following the data.

Pash - its hard doing this alone. But this journey is meant to be travelled alone - only by finding people here can you find the right kind of support. I actually have no one either who gives me any kind of support about my weight loss in real life. It can be very frustrating. Since I've been sick, they even bring me donuts etc when they come visit even tho they know I've sworn off that stuff.

Queen - Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Since my divorce and the deaths of my family members, I've lost all my friends, even my childhood best friend, who now seems to be a total stranger to me. It makes me wonder - have they changed or have I changed. Looking deeply into my soul, the answer is that I have changed - I can't speak for them. I have matured into a better, saner, safer, more cautious, penny-pinching, god-fearing, kinder, more trusting person who is certainly not even interestd in doing the types of things I like to do when I was in my 20s, 30s, 0r 40s. But in the last 5 years I have been making new friends, wonderful people who enrich my life tremendously. In truth, I now have 3 good friends, and many good acquaintances. I consider myself very rich with that many.
    Just give yourself time. You had a rough time with your other friends and it will take time to create a new life. Be patient, you still have your son and puppy. Thats a LOT OF LOVE!

NEWBIES - how wonderful to see you! Welcome. Glad you made your presence known. Have you been lurking awhile? Just curious. THis thread moves very fast. So come every day and post your progress so we get to know you. Ask questions so we will respond to you. BIG HUGS OF WELCOMES!!!

AFM - Not a good day. New pain problems have started - I won't go into details but have been up since 2 am taking pain pills every six hours. Will be seeing a new Dentist this afternoon about a mouth guard to protect my tongue. There seems to be less swelling in there these days and she is renowned for her skills. Wish me luck. Thats my Weds. Wish that she can help me and I can get some pain relief.
    Oh yeah, count me in - lets plan a big journey a bunch of us to Austrailia - hope you have lots of room Naomi!!!!