Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Skirt slipped to my knees while chasing the bus. My kids thought it was hilarious. Fortunately, I had on leggings.
    Oh, this happened to me once years ago, only it was a half slip...and a train...and no leggings...and I got laughed at.... :wink:
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    1) I haven't lost that much yet but already my bras don't fit and I don't want to buy new ones until I reach my goal but I might have to.
    2) It hurts when my cat sleeps on my rib upper belly area.
    3) Being checked out by creepy dudes when I'm running.
    4) My rings don't fit.
    5) My shoes are big.
    7) More dishes because I cook at home a lot more.
    6) Deciding if I want to wait to buy clothes now or later (belts are a new thing in my life).
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1. i get men hitting on me because of the way i look not because of my personality (not used to this)
    2. i feel like im false advertising as under my size 8/10 (us) clothes i look like i have had 3 kids with my horrible belly i can suck in with good underwear
    3. i have excess skin that looks like fat
    4. i have people telling me im losing to much even tho im right in the middle of my bmi
    5. my skin is so elasticated i can pinch it away from ANYWHERE on my whole body nothing feels tight anymore
    6. clothes have cost me a fortune so many things wasted with tags on
    7 i forgot what its like to have volume in my boobs nothing works two flap jacks which when pushed up have skin creased lines in, i have had to cover them for the last 40 pounds loss

and i will put up with it all happily to be healthy and confident

2 and 7 will be taken away after tummy tuck and breast uplift with implants :)
  • Robtheeagle
    Robtheeagle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wife made me buy new jogging pants for around the house as she was tired of seeing the top of my butt. I also have friends that do not associate with me as much any more. The way I look at it is this, they are going through something right now and my triumphs may make them feel bad about themselves. All you can do is ask if they are ok and make an effort to help them in a way that they wish.

I am surrounding myself with positive people. If they do not like the new me, that is ok too, friends come and go... you are stuck with yourself for the long haul! ;)
  • msravelli
    Options
    - All of the band tees that I've been collecting since middle school are now literal tents on me )':
    - As many have already said, the annoying perpetual coldness and newfound difficulty in sitting comfortably.
    - I don't automatically get dibs on the front seat of the car anymore (on account of the extra room I needed when I was heavier) and consequently have to squeeze in the back with the rabble now.
    - I've always been super uncoordinated and prone to bumping into things or tripping, but without the extra weight anchoring me to a certain degree I've become a 24/7 one woman slapstick act.
    - Strangers actually talk to me now! On one hand, this is kind of nice but I also have debilitating social anxiety so I get pretty flustered when it happens.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    - All of my "skinny" jeans are now too big
    - My calves appear to have gotten smaller and my boots are too big
    - Laying on my side on the floor makes my hipbones hurt
    - Sitting on an airplane makes my butt go numb

I'm ok with them, I'd rather be fit than fat!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I spend far too much time flexing in front of the mirror.... :embarassed:
  • RenaHewitt
    RenaHewitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    1. I now have a nick name, "skinny", which bugs me. :ohwell:
    2. Tail bone issues
    3. Freezing all the time, which is driving family crazy, :laugh:
    4. Clothes baggy, not so much now as I am close to goal weigh. :smile:
    5. Loose rings
  • jaya_lakshmi27
    Options
    I get cold SUPER easily! I think it has something to do with body fat.
  • Just_Kim_
    Just_Kim_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Increased anxiety.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    1. My belts are too big.
    2. I turn down going out with family and friends because I want to work out, or don't want to eat out (more difficult to track!).
    3. I was just in New Orleans for two months, and the only New Orleans food I ate was a beignet, once.
    4. I get really upset if I can't exercise.
    5. I'm running out of clothes that fit and don't have the money to replace them.

Oh how things have changed! :laugh:

OH shame on you:happy: the beignet I understand that one, but to not eat anything else, I could not do it, to much seafood so little time.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    1. I now have a nick name, "skinny", which bugs me. :ohwell:
    2. Tail bone issues
    3. Freezing all the time, which is driving family crazy, :laugh:
    4. Clothes baggy, not so much now as I am close to goal weigh. :smile:
    5. Loose rings

I was wondering when the tail bones showed up in my *kitten*, honestly they were never there before. I just don't understand it
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    This is awesome
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold but my family are all hot natured. Had to give away majority of my clothes because they were too big for me.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Haha, these threads are wonderfully funny.

Here's mine (and I'm not quite done losing weight yet):

#1: I am now usually cold-- before I was always TOO HOT :mad:

#2: If I lie on my side a certain way in bed, my knees hurt each other because they are bonier

#3: I am going to have to spend a whole lot of moolah on new clothes, because I've been a size 8/10 for the past 5 years and now I'm a size 4/6!

#4: I am realizing that a number of my pretty dresses were chosen to hide my belly. . . I don't really want to wear them anymore since now (and especially when I get to my goal) I have a nice trim figure and I'm going to show it off, damn it! So I need to get different styles of dresses so I can SEE my nice new body (more $$$$ spent)

#5: Even my workout clothes are beginning to fall off, and my sports bras are no longer effective support!

#6: I have to drive 1.5 hours to take nice clothes to a second-hand shop that will pay me for them! (Do you see a trend here? LOL)

Hahaha!
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    - I've always been super uncoordinated and prone to bumping into things or tripping, but without the extra weight anchoring me to a certain degree I've become a 24/7 one woman slapstick act.

Such a funny description!!! :happy:
  • tanmustlose
    Options
    I lost the little amount of boobs that I had. Like seriously. It's tragic. On the bright side my butt looks good. :)
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I lost two bra sizes, and I still have ten pounds to go! My fiance is starting to miss them! lol

163 lbs: 36D
    153 lbs: 34D
    143 lbs: 34C

When I hit 130 lbs. I'll be a B-cup at this rate! lol
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm on more meds now than I was because I'm more active, I use my puffers so I can run!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!