Is butter the devil?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    And a high fat diet is super healthy as everyone knows. Not responsible for obesity or food addiction or anything.

I really don't have a horse in this race because I actually use margarine (ZOMG plastic and flies and stuff).

But I did have to jump in here and state that the macro-nutriet ratio of ANY diet is not what causes obesity. And that dietary fats are vital for hormone regulation...

...just in case any newbies think that its necessary to eliminate fat from their diets.
    Quoted to bring this back for any new to the site...no food is "evil". It's all about moderation, guys (and gals)....
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Considering that I eat less than a tablespoon per day of butter, if that, it can't possibly be the devil. :wink:

Cake. Now, cake seems to be the devil...I can't quit eating it!!! (Hey, wait. Butter is in many cakes. Butter! You sly little devil!) :devil:

Then again, I replace butter/oil with nonfat Greek yogurt and/or applesauce in my cakes to lower the calorie content. I STILL eat cake like crazy! :tongue:

Common denominator? Sugar. So SUGAR is the devil. :bigsmile:

...Or could it be the wheat? :ohwell:

I want cake, now. :tongue:

What were we talking about, again?

What about cake with butter cream frosting......butter + sugar, whipped until light and fluffy, piped onto soft sweet cake......mmmmmmm :love:

Sweet Jesus, yes! It really IS about the frosting, isn't it?

Butter. D@mn you! Lol!

Sorry I've double checked and butter is definitely evil.

Cannibal_cc50e2_1565602.jpg

Butter on its own is evil.......but when added to sugar, the evilness is neutralised and it becomes.....heaven...:heart:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Sorry picture above is conclusive proof otherwise!!! Besides sugar is also evil and as we all know 'two wrongs don't make a right'.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    High fat low carb diets are really coming into light at the moment, there have been so many studies proving its effectiveness on weightloss and a healthy overall goal.

Can you provide links to these studies that prove the health effects of a HFLC diet? Studies I've seen all point to Mediterranean and vegetarian being the most healthy diets, neither of which are low carb.
    Which diets where you comparing the med and vegetarian diets to? And which of the 21 Countries that surround the Med where you referring to....why don't we start there.

Don't pretend you don't know what the Mediterranean diet is. And there are various studies with various criteria, though I imagine you already know that too.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    High fat low carb diets are really coming into light at the moment, there have been so many studies proving its effectiveness on weightloss and a healthy overall goal.

Can you provide links to these studies that prove the health effects of a HFLC diet? Studies I've seen all point to Mediterranean and vegetarian being the most healthy diets, neither of which are low carb.

Here's one study showing the positive results of LCHF on HDL's and Triglyceride levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14601690
    (courtesy of Neanderthin).

But these were obese people who lost weight. That alone is known to improve lipids. That is hardly proof that HFLC diet has a positive health effect.

Well I've shown you mine, your turn to show me yours.

A study showing that a LC/HF diet doesn't improve health would be nice. :smile:

Plus I certainly wouldn't dispute the health benefits of Mediterranean style diets. Lots of veg, olive oil, fish - sounds very healthy.

I never said a LC/HF diet would not improve health. I was just curious about the many studies referred to because I read a lot about nutrition and hadn't seen any.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Butter isn't the devil. It Works! is the devil.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I prefer my butter to be made from cream rather than grass, but then, sometimes, I soak my grass in the butter to make "grown-up" brownies. :laugh: :smokin: (Just keep the heat low so you don't burn the grass!)

You need a brownie mix/recipe that calls for oil. You sautee, lightly, the grass in the oil to help extract all the ummmm... vitamins.

Meh! Lazy pot-heads and their mixes. I make mine with butter, from scratch! (just like grandma taught me :laugh:)

Hey, I said mix OR recipe...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I prefer my butter to be made from cream rather than grass, but then, sometimes, I soak my grass in the butter to make "grown-up" brownies. :laugh: :smokin: (Just keep the heat low so you don't burn the grass!)

You need a brownie mix/recipe that calls for oil. You sautee, lightly, the grass in the oil to help extract all the ummmm... vitamins.

Meh! Lazy pot-heads and their mixes. I make mine with butter, from scratch! (just like grandma taught me :laugh:)

Hey, I said mix OR recipe...

You're right. I bow to your correctness and fall on my sword over my reading comprehension fail.

tumblr_inline_mt3on4jRAQ1qajxhi.gif
  • luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I don't think it's the actual devil. It's more like a minion.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's the actual devil. It's more like a minion.

giphy.gif
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Butter is awesome... My preference is Kerry Gold salted and unsalted.