Do you need friends?? Post up!

Options

Replies

• havenoenvyonlylove
    havenoenvyonlylove Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Our work seems to always have something: donuts and bagels three times a week (and agency emails about it, people asking if you want any), and currently there are two permanent chocolate jars/bowls right across from me that I've been ignoring for the last two months (two month anniversary as of today). This was my initial undoing but now that I've learned to say no, I'm finally making progress!

I also really enjoy bursts on the stairmaster, jogging endlessly at a leisurely pace without any timer or measurements, Zumba and core class! I did a three week bootcamp challenge too which makes me think I should maybe invest in P90x so I don't have to pay for the class, Excited to meet you guys!!
  • bvoyles4
    bvoyles4 Posts: 2
    Options
    I need friends! I lost almost 30 lbs two years ago. Met the man of my dreams. Fell off the wagon. Gained more than I lost and now am at my highest ever. Working out and losing again and need a support system! I'm 36. Sahm. Two young boys. Fun stuff! I cook from scratch, don't eat out. Try to eat whole, real food. Little to no processed food. Let's be buddies :)
  • Grumbers
    Grumbers Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Alright all!

I'm always up for some new friend additions.

I'm daily active and love dropping the thumbs up.

Also, i'm kinda sexy. Honest! :)
  • arf24_1
    arf24_1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just started using MFP a couple months ago. I am mostly trying to get more active, tone up for summer and eat healthier. I would love some motivating friends!

I am female, early 30's, married, full time working mom of 2. I workout every morning at 5am
  • skinnymommy03
    Options
    Hi All.

I am a brand new member. I am a stay at home mother of three kids. I stay home because two of my three kids have a type of illness that I need to be available for 24/7. I am constantly stressed out and I think that it is making gaining weight so much easier for me! Money comes tight after all the medical needs so I find that I am just buying what I can afford. I just joined a gym and am hoping to get at least three times a week to myself to work out! I would love to meet some friends with the same goals!
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi....I like what you wrote and I can imagine how hard it would be working and baically living in someone elses "food world!" I have a son your age (also a dsughter 24 and another son 15) I would like to help....:flowerforyou:
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    add me if your an active member!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm an active member who has been logging consistently for over 300 days now. I\m looking for some more positive, interactive friends. If this fits the bill please send me a friend request.
  • little_schmidt
    little_schmidt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Damn those cupcake bringing people! Cant they see I'm in the middle of a diet although I need a bucket to catch my drool when I see the cupcakes! lol
    Actually I'm taking a breadless challenge right now so if I were to see cupcakes, I'll gladly turn the other way. Feel free to add me.
  • allieloffredo
    allieloffredo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am new to this site and trying for a better lifestyle as well. Nice to meet you!
  • telepneff
    telepneff Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'd like some friends too!
    I'm 24 and I had a half hearted attempt to get back into shape last year after having my baby but I tried diet and fitness plans that were too difficult to stick to so I've spent a little while psyching myself up to go it alone, not following any diet plans.
    I started eating healthy 2 weeks ago and exercising 1 week ago.
    For exercise I'm doing a workout DVD a couple of times a week and the stronglifts programme.
    I am really struggling at controlling what I eat at weekends but if I can do it 5 days a week then that's a good start.

SW: 148
    CW:140
    GW: 126
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been a lurker for a while, and I'm now becoming more active on here. Add me if you'd like.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    A lot of my MFP friends have gone M.I.A over the past few months. I am looking to add some new motivating people who use this site on a consistent basis. I am a 39 year old male who is turning 40 later this year and trying to get back into shape.
  • Aeryu
    Aeryu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love friends for motivation, inspiration and just... because I am lonely.

I am 26 years old, F, weight unknown (but really heavy obviously obese, just avoiding an OCD trigger by checking my weight).
    I've been on and off, last time I got back on the horse I fell from it due to a medical issue and pretty much had a crappy 4-5 months with bad health ever since.
    I started working out again 2 weeks ago, slowly, carefully, just trying to start over - and still struggling with my boredom eating.
  • sheskimtastic
    Options
    I'm looking for friends too. I've been a member on and off for quite a while and have finally decided to commit. I'm 24/F and looking to lose between 25 and 40 lbs. I'm looking for a lifestyle change, not just weight loss. I lost 26 lbs before joining MFP and am having a hard time getting past the plateau to the other half of the weight loss. I like encouraging others because I know how much it helps me.
  • MegKoffi
    MegKoffi Posts: 1
    Options
    I am looking to add others for motivation and support! I have ~85 lbs to lose and this is my second time using MFP.
    In 2012, I reached my heaviest weight of 238 lbs (5'7"), and managed to lose 40 lbs with working out and logging my food with the MFP app.
    In 2013, I got engaged and sustained a back injury shortly afterwards, so with wedding planning and not being able to work out as much as before, I maintained my weight but couldn't lose anymore.
    I got married in the fall of 2013 and since then, settling into a new life has proven to be difficult and the stress was causing me to binge eat, so I ended up gaining back the 40 lbs in a short period of time.
    Recently, I read the book "Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat" by Michelle May and it has helped me immensely. I feel like my mind is on the right track again and I have something to focus on.
    I have a great friend that I work out with 3x a week, but I am looking to join on online community for support during those really tough times when life gets overwhelming and you need to know that you are not the only one on this journey.
    Please add me if you are looking for the same!
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm an active logger and love sharing in the excitement of people reaching their goals =)
  • smeasha21
    smeasha21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    27 Female
    60 pounds to lose
    5'7
    live in canada
    no kids
    live on my own
    Looking for friends please feel free to add me!
  • jayceesmom512
    jayceesmom512 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Add me !! i need motivation !!!

SW:257
    CW:241
    1stGW:225
    2ndGW:200
    GW:175

Hope everyone has a great day !!
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I could always use more friends to motivate me through my journey.....and I too will encourage and motivate you!

Feel free to add me :)