Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

370lbs > 170lbs -- My 200lb transformation (w/ PICS!)

Replies

• honestyloverespect
    honestyloverespect Posts: 13 Member
    Congrats!!!! This is so inspirational to see just how far you have gotten!!!
  • m2Bfit
    m2Bfit Posts: 25 Member
    Way to go man!! I'm not even a month in on starting a diet/transformation and seeing this really motivates me. I too, could lose 200 lbs. Can I ask what you did? I haven't started a gym routine yet, but I was hoping to find something that will help lose weight and not add bulk.

I'm happy to hear that!

Losing weight and adding bulk is all a matter of surplus and deficit (with the obvious strength training included). I recommend strength training as soon as possible. You want to promote fat loss, not just weight loss. I alternated my cardio and strength training days.

If you can't do strength training just quite yet, well that's alright cause neither could I! I walked for the first few months, then I picked up strength training along with more jogging during cardio.

I never plateaued once and I truly believe the 2 biggest factors was a consistent strength training regimen along with knowing my TDEE almost to the exact number (no one knows for sure, but I could almost put money on how much weight I was going to lose each week).

First, I hope you are truly taking in all the applause! You deserve it. You demonstrate perseverance from within & without. What an inspiration! You give out such hope that it is possible.

Second, I appreciate this advice of strength training & paying close attention to our TDEE. I think it's amazing that you never experienced a plateau. Apparently you paid very close attention to your body and its needs. As a newbie I'm taking this all to heart.
  • What an amazing transformation!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    OMG! Speechless. That is one great accomplishment! Congrats hun! :)
  • lsuz
    lsuz Posts: 74
    And THAT is how you do it. Booyah! Enjoy the new you! You look super fantastic! (Hottie McHotterton!)
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Good Job, Hotness!:flowerforyou:
  • shortt123
    shortt123 Posts: 39 Member
    Hugs! Well done! You are very motivating to me! What did you do, what was your diet like?
  • MTCBVBC20CAM
    MTCBVBC20CAM Posts: 22 Member
    That's amazing! Hey, you look AMAZING! You should be very proud of yourself. Takes a lot of dedication to do what you did :)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Fantastic!!!! :drinker:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    wow, you look amazing! congrats!!
  • MissImpala
    MissImpala Posts: 17 Member
    You truly are an inspiration! :smile:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Major McHotty!

What an amazing accomplishment to tackle your challenges of SA and IBS and kick them right to the curb! and you did this at a young age too! Lots of years to enjoy!
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Hugs! Well done! You are very motivating to me! What did you do, what was your diet like?

The beginning I ate moderation, basically whatever I had before just fitting my calories this time. Eventually I started eating salads, lean meat, pasta, rice, oils, nuts etc. Not because I thought they were healthy, but because foods like that made it easier for me to hit my macros. I enjoy the taste of food, but now food is a tool to sculpt my body the way I want it, in my eyes. :smile:
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Awesome job, congratulations!! :drinker:
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Fantastic achievement, you look like a totally difference person. Amazing weight loss and your skin looks brilliant.
    Keep up the healthy ways and thanks for sharing your photos with us all, It's so inspirational.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Only just seen this today and DAMN!
    You look awesome man!

You're testimony that dedication pays off, and you look freaking awesome!

P.S - you already have some decent looking arms and shoulder muscles too, enjoy your bulk!
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    oooh marry me ;)
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    You look incredible. All the power to you!
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Only just seen this today and DAMN!
    You look awesome man!

You're testimony that dedication pays off, and you look freaking awesome!

P.S - you already have some decent looking arms and shoulder muscles too, enjoy your bulk!

Ya thanks man! Glad I started strength training so early on, it helped me in so many ways.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    You're hot man! Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!